Drummers Unite! (1 Viewer)

jessemacyo!

HSC
Meads said:
Evidently I drum...lol

I did my HSC last year and got 96 in music. I played Stream of Consciousness by Dream Theater and Redefine by Incubus. I also did two Vivas.

I have a Pearl Export, and use Sabian. There is a pic of my baby in my sig :p I continue to expand my kit, which is one of the great things about drums, you can just keep adding to it.

Chad Smith does rock! So do the Peppers!
good news for me i was thinking of doing redefine as well... did u just play it as jose pasillas plays it or wat?

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
petew89 said:
Yup.

I've been playing for 2-3 years now.

I use a Gretsch kit, Sabian cymbals (will soon be adding Zildjian A Custom Mastersound hats :D)

I've decided on the following pieces for my HSC:

• Give Me One Good Reason - blink-182
• Hitchin' a Ride - Green Day
• Take Lots With Alcohol - Alkaline Trio
• Always - blink-182

Basically im looking at exploring different techniques, ways the kit is used and tone colours etc used in punk rock/pop-punk :)

If u havent already guessed one of my fav drummers is Travis Barker..
LOL.

I reckon I could play those.. And i'm a guitarist.

Manwithsticks

HSC
Hey, I'm new here. I'm a drummer playing for about 4 1/2 years now, I have an "Amtrax" (no clue about it) with Dream Bliss (22") ride, (16") crash and 14" Sabian AAX hats, also a set a of chinese B20-alloy handmade 14" hihats for a darker sound if the Sabians are too bright for what I want. I currently have it set as a 4-piece with pinstripe heads, but am hoping for coated one-ply to replace them, most likely Evans or Aqaurian.

Influences are mostly Tony Williams, Elvin Jones, bit of Joe Morello, Bernhard Purdie etc., I'm skeptical of most pop drummers, though I like Steve Gadd and Vinnie, they very suitably for the genres, are incredibly musical and versatile.

My first performance for the HSC (I'm doing music 1, 2 and Extension, it's a bit of a pickle currently) will most likely be for Extension, playing drums to the "Overworld" theme, known as the Main theme from Super Mario, haha. I will try to be as stylistically appropriate as possible for it, but it has proven quite dificult thus far... haha.

Enough with my life story, haha. Any other drummers trying to go for a different approach? Most I have seen locally are in music one an playing the flat-dynamic, note-cramming, boring, unchanging "technical" solos, most likely Barker-inspired...

champo14

HSC
Manwithsticks said:
Hey, I'm new here. I'm a drummer playing for about 4 1/2 years now, I have an "Amtrax" (no clue about it) with Dream Bliss (22") ride, (16") crash and 14" Sabian AAX hats, also a set a of chinese B20-alloy handmade 14" hihats for a darker sound if the Sabians are too bright for what I want. I currently have it set as a 4-piece with pinstripe heads, but am hoping for coated one-ply to replace them, most likely Evans or Aqaurian.

Influences are mostly Tony Williams, Elvin Jones, bit of Joe Morello, Bernhard Purdie etc., I'm skeptical of most pop drummers, though I like Steve Gadd and Vinnie, they very suitably for the genres, are incredibly musical and versatile.

My first performance for the HSC (I'm doing music 1, 2 and Extension, it's a bit of a pickle currently) will most likely be for Extension, playing drums to the "Overworld" theme, known as the Main theme from Super Mario, haha. I will try to be as stylistically appropriate as possible for it, but it has proven quite dificult thus far... haha.

Enough with my life story, haha. Any other drummers trying to go for a different approach? Most I have seen locally are in music one an playing the flat-dynamic, note-cramming, boring, unchanging "technical" solos, most likely Barker-inspired...
Music 1 and 2 eh? I wish I did that; it would have been a lot easier.

Jay-Tee

HSC
hey ive been playing for 7 years

i bash a pearl export 7 piece with evans ec2's and zildjian zxt's

im playing swing swing swing by gene krupa
duality by slipknot
vicarious by tool
papercut skin by the matches

inspirations?

buddy rich
jimmi de grasso
chad smith

funkinawesome

HSC
i am a drummer and my music teacher at school is always like no that piece is shit, its not written specifically for a drum performance. WHAT THE HELL!!
anyways, ive got an old second hand kit that sounds soo sweet. just got new remo skins for it. amazing sound. paiste Alpha cymbals. Fave drummers/pieces for hsc:
Dennis Chambers, John Bonham and thomas lang
pieces to choose from (feel free to add any suggestions - jazz/funk)
-cissy strut - the meters
-fire - jimi hendrix
-street urchin - billy cobham
-man gone west - dragon

KEEP DRUMMING!!!!!

condor143

HSC
I'm a drummer too and we do get dissed heaps more than other instrumentalists...goddamn it, we're just as good if not better! :vcross:
i dunno i'd say the bass player is the one who cops the most shit from other musicians

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)