Dropping to 11 units? (1 Viewer)

The Professor

HSC
Hi, so I'm considering dropping to 11 units.

I'm currently 4/4 in english extension and although I enjoy the subject, and have a pretty solid story and essay (somewhat) - I didn't do so well this semster. Overall for semester 1 I totalled with 78%.
Which broke me and to add to this I did the worst I ever had in advanced.

I really enjoy the subject (I didn't do so well in my assignments) part of me thinks I'm dropping because I just want to finish the HSC earlier (I'd finish 2 days earlier) whereas the other part of me says if I drop EXT then I could spend more time on advanced and improve my marks.

What should I do?

Thanks

meggles_

HSC
Personally I don't think you should drop it - you've done most the the hard work already, and if you really enjoy the subject, there's no reason to drop it because you will most likely do better a subject that you actually enjoy - also, in my opinion, Ext doesn't take too much work and it's a nice break from Advanced and helps keep some balance - theoretically you will have more time if you do drop but you probably won't spend it wisely (in my experience)
However, if you're struggling with 12 units, then you should drop it

Chin up! You still have trials and the actual HSC left

HSC
If you only have 4 people in your class and are sitting on 78% than it's fine. Your ranks hardly matters. 78% in ext 1 scales to a band 6 or high band 5. Stick with it.

yougotthis

HSC
I'm in the same dilemma. Just see how your trials pan out and decide then :)

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
I'd stick with it. I mean you've already spent the majority of the year on it, it seems to be a waste on time to give up on it now...

enoilgam

HSC
I agree with the above, just stick it out for now this close to the end. From what you have said, you arent really doing badly enough to the point where it is very likely that your EE1 mark wont count. Also keep in mind that EE1 can provide a solid backup if you dont do so well in Advanced.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)