• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Dropping PHYS1141? (1 Viewer)

manreen_

HSC
I'm currently doing PHYS1141(picked it because it said "for people who want to major in physics"). But the first quiz alone took about 3 days with avid help of yahoo answers and *some* prior knowledge and i managed to scrape a 9/13.

I'm thinking down to dropping to PHYS1131 because I don't want to end up failing the course (which would lose me my scholarship grant, and I absolutely don't want that). And I'm not going to have yahoo answers in the exams which might be a problem

Also I'm doing B.Education/B.Science and trying to major in Physics. Can I still do that with PHYS1131?
Any advice would be appreciated!

HSC
Uni Grad
Makes no difference if you do PHYS1121/PHYS1131 - you will still be able to do the physics major regardless.

MilkDrinker

HSC
I would suggest that if you do not absolutely need to do phys1141 then do not do it.

First year I picked up phys1141 did it up to the day after the census date then went to them to drop to phys1131 (I was lucky, they still accepted swapping me for free even though it was after the census date... but it took a few days to finalise).
The phys1141 quizzes were a massive pain (and I doubt they got easier as the semester progressed), and they take a LOOOOTTTTT of time.

In the end, if its not a must, then save your time, save yourself the stress and drop to phys1131 (technically you are still learning the same content, just much harder questions and more questions in the final exam). To be honest, physics got more enjoyable after I dropped knowing that I wasn't going to suffer trying to finish that quiz.

However, if you want to drop, better get in fast because census date is coming soon (if I remember correctly it is the coming Tuesday but better confirm that)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)