• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Drop To 10 Units Or Not?? (1 Viewer)

Aprilpeters

HSC
im currently undertaking 12 units. but i want to drop maths so i can do better in biology. so i can have the extra time to spend on biology. but i keep getting mixed responses and now im really confused. SHOULD I DROP MATH to get 10 units?

eng - 4/18:D
math general - 22/57:mad:
biology - 19/ 34 :vcross:
modern history - 5/36:jaw:
legal studies - 3/37:apig:
economics - 6/17:argue:

lionking1191

HSC
unless you are confident of your performance in all other subjects it's generally not a good idea to do 10

munchiecrunchie

HSC
12 units is really risky, i wouldnt recommend it unless you're really confident with all your other subjects.

rather, see if you can try and manage your time better so you can spend quality time on each subject.

HSC
obviously you're doing worst in general maths, and if you don't enjoy it and don't need it for uni then theres no reason why you can't drop it... talk to your teachers about it.

nottellingu

HSC
This is a tough question but in my opinion why would u bother doing more than what is going to count? I dropped legal studies in term 4, it was a hard decision to make as i was going to have to rely on my ability to do ext 2 maths but in the end my decision came down to the fact that if i dropped 2 units (i,e i would have 10)and spend all that extra time on my other subjects i could ultimately boost my uai and maximise my other marks. I advice u strongly consider dropping down to ten.

Aprilpeters

HSC
and yea.....this is exactly what i mean about recieving mixed opinions. the worst part is that i understand the consequences of both options which only makes it harder.

but weghing my options --> im also doing bad in biology
if i drop a whole subject i get more time to spend on bio
BUT wot if i bum out at something like modern history in da hsc!!
but then im thinking if i know the content then y would i bum out?

:cold:

Kujah

HSC
N/A
munchiecrunchie said:
12 units is really risky, i wouldnt recommend it unless you're really confident with all your other subjects.

rather, see if you can try and manage your time better so you can spend quality time on each subject.
I think you meant 10 units.

Personally, I think you should stick with 12 units. Your ranks aren't that bad, and there's always room for improvement. With those extra periods if you drop Maths, lets hope you use them wisely :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)