Drop Economics for Art? (1 Viewer)

Riffy Raffy

BABY MAN
HSC
I'm wondering if I should change Economics to Art. It's almost mid year and apparently the Art class had one quite a lot. Economics is getting pretty hard for me, and I’m not good at mathematical problems. I did Art in year 7 and 8, architecture in year 9 and Visual Design in year 10, and I’m doing the 1 unit subject of Digital Imaging now. I used to be pretty good at Economics in the Commerce subjects. To tell you the truth, I’m not so bad at it now, but I’m getting sick of it.

dtmur

HSC
keep in mind that a major work will need to be completed, which could eventuate to a lot longer spent outside of school hours,
and that art assesments generally require a high amount of thorough research,
however if your a fan of prac subjects, go for it.

Riffy Raffy

BABY MAN
HSC
I actually enjoy art theory. And one thing I forgot to say is that I'm interested in a career in advertising, if that helps.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
i think you should stick to economics since almost half of the preliminary year is gone

foram

Awesome Member
HSC
There are no mathematic calculations in economics, except for addition, subtraction, multiplication and division of small positive integers.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Hey Rafi! :p
Erm - how did you go in Eco exam today? Should give you an indication about whether or not you should drop it.

Riffy Raffy

BABY MAN
HSC
foram said:
There are no mathematic calculations in economics, except for addition, subtraction, multiplication and division of small positive integers.
Well, I guess that is true. But with me, I am good at remembering abstract concepts and ideas (best way of explaining it), but not good at remembering specific things. So I'm good at remembering stuff about the Tsar of Russia, like why he fell and what he did, but not specific dates. Same with economics - I remember general ideas, but not specific equations and forumals (like...break even, or whatever the hell that is).

And yeah, I did pretty good actually Aerath.

D

dillay

If you think as the year progresses your only going to hate Eco more and more, then change :/. if not, then stick with it

Riffy Raffy

BABY MAN
HSC
Good idea. I remembered though that if I decided to drop economics next year, I can pick up History Extension, although I hear it is hard.

haiderr

Goldn_i
HSC
nooooooooooooo dont drop eco! its the best man!

n trust me theres not much calculation to do in yr12. infact i dnt think ive ever had to do any calculation this year, except calculating the trade weighted index, which is like yr 7 general work.

eco is waayyy better in yr 12, n u wont get sick of it!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)