Driving Overseas (1 Viewer)

Gary_Oak

Taking a Piss
HSC
Has anyone drove overseas?? I drove in Bangkok and Manila.... its quite fun to be honest..... despite traffic and bad drivers, its actually more fun than Sydney roads

And yes, I will be driving in China when i go in a few months time.... my friend has a car there.... and we'll do several road trips there

Havox

HSC
Uni Grad
Drove through South Africa last year, planning to redo that next year.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Where would be the best place to go where you would be allowed to have a go with an f1 car.

Other than UNSW that is :p

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
If you're willing to go a couple down from F1 I've seen them pop up at track days on occasion (bit unfair IMO!). One of my clients also own a F3 car.

eg https://picasaweb.google.com/jace.88/Sepang#5007978357654082082
Well if I am dedicated at uni enough and have the time to contribute to the SAE team then maybe one day five years down the track I can have a go with it.

But yeah I'd be willing to start from the bottom and work up as a hobby.

Idk though it would be fun to have a go in some skid pans one day too or maybe even a few hot runs in just your average track day equivalent car .... just need a proper vehicle for it first.

Oh and rally driving man I have to definitely make that an ongoing hobby one day.

When I retire, I'll become a part time rally driver (lol probs never gonna happen).

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Well if I am dedicated at uni enough and have the time to contribute to the SAE team then maybe one day five years down the track I can have a go with it.

But yeah I'd be willing to start from the bottom and work up as a hobby.

Idk though it would be fun to have a go in some skid pans one day too or maybe even a few hot runs in just your average track day equivalent car .... just need a proper vehicle for it first.

Oh and rally driving man I have to definitely make that an ongoing hobby one day.

When I retire, I'll become a part time rally driver (lol probs never gonna happen).
You say this now but you'd be surprised how quickly you grow out of it. I thought I'd be JDM for life and bought my Evo when I was in my final year of uni... did a few track days, skid pans, etc... but now I prefer the comfort and convenience of a not as fast German saloon. Admittedly the thought of a hi-po version makes me excited but it's not the be-all/end-all like it once was to me!

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
You say this now but you'd be surprised how quickly you grow out of it. I thought I'd be JDM for life and bought my Evo when I was in my final year of uni... did a few track days, skid pans, etc... but now I prefer the comfort and convenience of a not as fast German saloon. Admittedly the thought of a hi-po version makes me excited but it's not the be-all/end-all like it once was to me!
See it would be scary to take the car I currently drive because its skidded roundabouts before at much lower speeds than you would expect (essentially an AWD semi-drift lol).

And we all know what happens if an AWD does a full drift and loses traction.........

EDIT:

However I love this and how it shows its still possible in it :p

Last edited:

Havox

HSC
Uni Grad
That's a pretty poor example of AWD drifting ;)

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
That's a pretty poor example of AWD drifting ;)
I can't wait for the day we have a drift challenge against each other :p

But yeah I've done semi drifts lol. I never go fast enough around a bend to do a full one because...yeah.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)