Driver Knowledge Test (1 Viewer)

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
tbh, it's really easy haha I did heaps of practice tests and ended up memorising all the answers and their questions and finished it in 10 minutes, no mistakes :p

even people who get 1-2 wrong still get their L's. It's kind of impossible to fail because it's common sense (most of the time, some questions are a bit wackjob).

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
I'm about to sit for my green Ps, can you give me an insight and what should I prepare for the HPT? :)
piss easy, ultimate Kiraken tactic will get you a pass

when it asks you when it is safe to turn

never press

when it asks you when it is safe to overtake

never press

when it asks you when you would brake

press 2-3 seconds after video starts (almost as soon as possible lol)

D94

HSC
N/A
I'm about to sit for my green Ps, can you give me an insight and what should I prepare for the HPT? :)
http://mylicence.sa.gov.au/hpt2/

Exactly the same videos as in the HPT.

It may screw up if it loads a dud URL, so you can start with: http://mylicence.sa.gov.au/hpt2/1/1

Then change the /1/1 to /1/2 and so on to 5, then change it to /2/1 then /2/2 and so on to 5, etc. until you get to question 7. So by the end, you will have done 35 practice questions which will appear in your actual test.

williamdaft

HSC
http://mylicence.sa.gov.au/hpt2/

Exactly the same videos as in the HPT.

It may screw up if it loads a dud URL, so you can start with: http://mylicence.sa.gov.au/hpt2/1/1

Then change the /1/1 to /1/2 and so on to 5, then change it to /2/1 then /2/2 and so on to 5, etc. until you get to question 7. So by the end, you will have done 35 practice questions which will appear in your actual test.
Thank you!! I've been trying to find practice questions for it.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
The main type of questions on it are just tapping the screen when you'd brake (looking out for pedestrians and stuff like that) and tapping when you'd turn right (be conservative, don't feel you have to tap the screen it's sometimes safer not to). Really straight forward and you get like two practice qs at start to get used to it.

Last edited:

williamdaft

HSC
The main type of questions on it are just tapping the screen when you'd brake (looking out for pedestrians and stuff like that) and tapping when you'd turn right (be conservative, don't feel you have to tap the screen it's sometimes safer not to). Really straight forward and you get like two practice qs at start to get used to it.
Excellent, I have a better idea now. Thx! Doesn't seem too hard now.
piss easy, ultimate Kiraken tactic will get you a pass

when it asks you when it is safe to turn

never press

when it asks you when it is safe to overtake

never press

when it asks you when you would brake

press 2-3 seconds after video starts (almost as soon as possible lol)
yeah in most cases, it is, I practised HPT through D94's link with your advice, I got them all correct :D
you just be as conservative as fuck, only turn when there are absolutely no cars
:haha:

panda15

Alligator Navigator
HSC
Yeah just be as conservative as fuck. Half the questions you don't even need to tap for the screen for because it's unsafe.

Also, at the end of each question you get asked if you tapped the screen, and you have to choose yes or no. So if you tapped the screen, but you're not confident with your answer, just say that you didn't tap the screen and the your answer won't count :)

williamdaft

HSC
Yeah just be as conservative as fuck. Half the questions you don't even need to tap for the screen for because it's unsafe.

Also, at the end of each question you get asked if you tapped the screen, and you have to choose yes or no. So if you tapped the screen, but you're not confident with your answer, just say that you didn't tap the screen and the your answer won't count :)
Sweet as!

esaitchkay

HSC
headchecks all the time and go 5km/h under the limit during the test

you should be good
I did about 10km/h under, for most of the test, reaching a top-speed of under 5km/h under the limit.
I'd say the best thing to do with the driving test is to stay calm (I was hella nervous, shaking :haha: ),don't fake your logbook (semi-srs) and most important of all, as others have pointed out, drive really really really carefully.

@ OP
assuming you're in NSW:
www.rms.nsw.gov.au/licensing/downloads/dkt_car.pdf

Just remember the bolded answers and regurgitate in DKT (y) gl.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)