Dragon Fans (1 Viewer)

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Damn straight!

Lame Roosters supporter: "The Roosters are the best side in the ---"
Ultra Mad Dragons supporter: "Ahem. ELEVEN premierships in a row... I don't think the Roosters ever did that."
Lame Roosters supporter: *Cries and walks away*

Boo_

HSC
haha, omg, my friend is a lame roosters supporter, and i tease her bout it all the time, lol!!!!

Knights_chick

Just wondering something.....
is Ben Hornby married??

Anyway, I think you guys will keep the Knights winless this Saturday night. The team is still pretty good considering the rep players are out, especially the forward pack.
Maybe Joey will be back, but I think that is only wishful thinking.

Newton v Sims, lol:)

Boo_

HSC
Iluvtheknights said:
is Ben Hornby married??

Anyway, I think you guys will keep the Knights winless this Saturday night. The team is still pretty good considering the rep players are out, especially the forward pack.

i heard johns wont be bac for at least another week

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Iluvtheknights said:
is Ben Hornby married??

Ben Hornby is not married.

Joey Johns isn't supposed to be back until Round 12, but you have the bye. He'll be back for the Round 13 clash with Brisbane.

Newton vs Sims will be a funny one. I seriously hope that big Ashton doesn't do anything stupid. I can still feel Newton's hit 9 months later. And it still hurts.

I think it is lucky for us that it was Ashton who copped it and not Justin (Poore). Justin has a reputation for being a bit of a hot-head, and he would almost certainly give it to Newton for payback. Ashton is a much calmer player, and this should hopefully work in our favour.

It is funny that this should happen only a couple of weeks after the Gibbs vs Cleal incident.

Boo_

HSC
DRAGONZ said:
Ashton is a much calmer player, and this should hopefully work in our favour.
that, lol, and that dragons are the better team of the two at this current point in time:)

HSC
Boo_ said:
that, lol, and that dragons are the better team of the two at this current point in time:)
I went to the dragons leagues club today, and I must admit it was damn funky.. BUT go the friggin roosters

Boo_

HSC
lol, of course i'll take note of u saying "friggin roosters" shows how bad they realli are:)

nicksta_40

HSC
Big Justin Poore was at it again, god love him

Anzac Day Match against roosters: Got into scuffle with Finch and Crocker (wanker), resulting in Poore and the halfback finch getting sin-binned, Prop for half-back, nice trade off i rekon

Dragons V Knights round 11: Poore gets into another biffo, resulting in him and knights half-back getting sin-binned, another nice trade off

We go on to win both games by 2 points, keep up the good work Poore!

Knights_chick

That was a fiery match.
Did you see how Hornby was trying to tell Poore to calm down?
The ref sent the wrong knights player to the sin bin. It should have been Luke Quigley.

Boo_

HSC
but still a two point win, not to happy, but hey, a wins a win!!!

GO THE DRAGONS!!!

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
nicksta_40 said:
Big Justin Poore was at it again, god love him

Anzac Day Match against roosters: Got into scuffle with Finch and Crocker (wanker), resulting in Poore and the halfback finch getting sin-binned, Prop for half-back, nice trade off i rekon

Dragons V Knights round 11: Poore gets into another biffo, resulting in him and knights half-back getting sin-binned, another nice trade off

We go on to win both games by 2 points, keep up the good work Poore!
LOL. Justin did nothing to warrant getting binned on the weekend. He tackled on suspicion, basically. Quigley (I think it was) got up and threw the ball in his face, and big Justin did nothing except grab Quigley's shirt. No punches thrown at all.

Sending Poore to the bin was an attempt by the shitty referee, Shane Hayne, to exercise his control over a match he had lost total control of 15 minutes earlier.

In fact, Hayne tried everything in the last 15 minutes to MAKE Newcastle win.

Oh well. I'm over it. We won despite playing our worst game of the season.

Onto next week, and revenge on Melbourne for what they did to us in Round 2 ... *shudders*. We had 7 players out that week (from memory). Now it's their turn to have players out (injury and possible suspension), and with no injuries from SOO (touch wood), we should be fired up.

GO DRAGONS!

transcendent

HSC
N/A
I love the Dragons. I'm not a avid supporter who watches all their games or knows the players names but I like to watch the occasional game on tele and keep track of their stats on the list. I do wish they were a bit more consistent but I still find it funny how with alot of the big guns missing they still manage to kick the better teams arses in some games.

GO YOU BEAUTIES! GO DRAGONS!

Boo_

HSC
Woow!!! State Of Origin Rocked!!! Barrett Showed Kimmorley How To Kick A Football!!!

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
This post is targeted towards Dragons fans. If you aren't a Dragons fan, perhaps you can read it and imagine the emotion that went into it...

Here's just a thought on today's game in particular...

The Melbourne Storm. I am sure that many people here can respect them for their attacking brilliance when they are in form and their forwards dominate. But I am sure that everyone has a deep dislike or hatred for them after 1999 (and, to a lesser extent, Round 5 of 2000 - this was largely due to the work of Mundine).

Personally, I can't get over my hatred for them. It's more than five years on since that grand final, but I still feel robbed of a premiership. As we, I think, all do.

This means that every time we play Melbourne (especially after the eventful 2000 season), it means more to me as a Dragons supporter than when we play the Raiders, perchance. Not the idea of getting the two competition points, as any points are good points, but the idea of winning psychologically.

Ever since Barrett played what is probably his best ever match (albeit only 59 minutes long) in the Dragons jersey and we destroyed the Storm 50 - 4 at WIN Stadium, the Storm have had the wood on us. Coming into today's match, we only had one win and one draw to show for our effort (or lack thereof) from the last eight encounters against Melbourne.

History says that we haven't beaten them in Melbourne since Week 1 of the Finals in 1999. History says that Melbourne had lost three matches in a row at Olympic Park, which has generally been regarded as a fortress. History says that the Dragons had five wins in a row coming into this match, which equalled the record for the JV. Today they were going to break that record and stand alone on six straight victories.

But more important than all of those was this statistic:

History says that in round two, Melbourne came to the Dragons' territory, and they flogged us by 46 points to 12.

This piece of history alone made me think that our boys would come out pumped up, desperate to exact revenge on Melbourne.

By approximately 4.30 this afternoon, the 'revenge' never eventuated, and Melbourne had consigned St George Illawarra to only one victory from the last nine matches played between the two clubs.

I was left disenchanted and thinking only one thing:

These truly are statistics that don't lie.

Harvey Krumpet

That is a cool post, but the Broncos beat the Dragons in Wollongong, so they are better than St George.
Trent Barrett is a bad player, and Darren Lockyer is so much better than him. Lockyer is the best player in the world and Trent Barrett was bad in state of origin compared to Lockyer.
But St George are a good team, and I think they might be in the grand final if they play good this year. Today against Melbourne I think they played bad, but if they played good, they would have won.

Boo_

HSC
DRAGONZ said:
This post is targeted towards Dragons fans. If you aren't a Dragons fan, perhaps you can read it and imagine the emotion that went into it...

Here's just a thought on today's game in particular...

The Melbourne Storm. I am sure that many people here can respect them for their attacking brilliance when they are in form and their forwards dominate. But I am sure that everyone has a deep dislike or hatred for them after 1999 (and, to a lesser extent, Round 5 of 2000 - this was largely due to the work of Mundine).

Personally, I can't get over my hatred for them. It's more than five years on since that grand final, but I still feel robbed of a premiership. As we, I think, all do.

This means that every time we play Melbourne (especially after the eventful 2000 season), it means more to me as a Dragons supporter than when we play the Raiders, perchance. Not the idea of getting the two competition points, as any points are good points, but the idea of winning psychologically.

Ever since Barrett played what is probably his best ever match (albeit only 59 minutes long) in the Dragons jersey and we destroyed the Storm 50 - 4 at WIN Stadium, the Storm have had the wood on us. Coming into today's match, we only had one win and one draw to show for our effort (or lack thereof) from the last eight encounters against Melbourne.

History says that we haven't beaten them in Melbourne since Week 1 of the Finals in 1999. History says that Melbourne had lost three matches in a row at Olympic Park, which has generally been regarded as a fortress. History says that the Dragons had five wins in a row coming into this match, which equalled the record for the JV. Today they were going to break that record and stand alone on six straight victories.

But more important than all of those was this statistic:

History says that in round two, Melbourne came to the Dragons' territory, and they flogged us by 46 points to 12.

This piece of history alone made me think that our boys would come out pumped up, desperate to exact revenge on Melbourne.

By approximately 4.30 this afternoon, the 'revenge' never eventuated, and Melbourne had consigned St George Illawarra to only one victory from the last nine matches played between the two clubs.

I was left disenchanted and thinking only one thing:

These truly are statistics that don't lie.

...you had to go and bring up that evil 1999 grandfinal...damn penalty try...any1 else notice that not many penalty tried have been awarded since then???

anyway, about that 50-4, that is the dragons record for biggest win, and i do believe that they wont ever have a repeat of it....

also, about that flogging in round 2 this year, dragons were not in it, though this time, they actually played, but all atheir handling errors let them down, and what happened to their other goal kicker??? gasnier is a good kicker, so was gorral (i think itz how it is spelt), after naigama missed a few goals, they should of let someone else kick...also, since i dnt have fox, i waslistening to the radio, and was happy with one thing they said - well kind of happy...

Storm Didnt Beat Dragons, The Dragons Beat Themselves

so maybe we can take that, and use it in saying that storm didnt actually beat st. george...

anyway, hope they have a good game against warriors in wollongong

and hope Hornby and Ryles are not injured...

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Boo_ said:
anyway, about that 50-4, that is the dragons record for biggest win, and i do believe that they wont ever have a repeat of it....
Hehe. We beat Wests Tigers last season 50-0 :)
Boo_ said:
and what happened to their other goal kicker??? gasnier is a good kicker, so was gorral (i think itz how it is spelt), after naigama missed a few goals, they should of let someone else kick
Gorrell plays Premier League. Ennis is our other kicker. Anyhow, Matty's back this weekend according to the team announcement, so he'll take over the kicking duties again.
Boo_ said:
hope Hornby and Ryles are not injured...
They were both named earlier this afternoon, so it doesn't look like it. *Hopes*

Boo_

HSC
DRAGONZ said:
Gorrell plays Premier League. Ennis is our other kicker. Anyhow, Matty's back this weekend according to the team announcement, so he'll take over the kicking duties again.

They were both named earlier this afternoon, so it doesn't look like it. *Hopes*
he played a few weeks ago in first grade, they should bring him up again, he was good

*hopes with you*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)