• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Double degree in law and something else? (1 Viewer)

HSC
I'm strongly considering a double degree combining something with law. But I'm not sure what the something should be. I've narrowed it down to either science or commerce.

With commerce, it would probably complement each other more so than a science double degree, just because they're both humanities subjects. However I'm thinking it might be more beneficial in the long run (as in, life wise) to do science combined with law, just so you have a mix of humanities and science. I don't know what the job prospects of science/law are though - what could you become? The brochure listed very vague career paths. Has anyone gone though a science/law degree - what was/is it like? Where are you now?

What about a commerce/law degree? What do/did you think of this combo?

Any replies from students of either of these double degrees would be helpful. Thanks in advance.

Trixstar

HSC
I don't know this for sure, but to do two degrees, you would be spending at least eight years of your like in university. You should choose the ones you enjoy most, and would be most beneficial in your future.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Try picking it based on interest and variety is good. Most people think they should pick a degree that compliments law but despite thinking that initially I am now really glad that I did arts because it was a nice break from law and the flexibility of my arts degree gave me a lot of choice.

HSC
I actually have a wide interest and so, I have absolutely no idea what I might do as a career. I'm also not sure of what jobs come out of science/law degrees. Interest isn't really a question because every course appeals to me haha - the main problem is what comes out of it in terms of employment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)