double degree for science. a bad choice ? (1 Viewer)

fruitcandy

HSC
hi, i'm doing B education with B science. i got my timetable yesterday and it seems pretty intensive. i have like 22 contact hours each week where my friend doing B commerce at UNSW only have 12 :(

Although i'm interested in science i don't really work that hard. Say for year 12 i just did like 3 hours of work each day on weekdays and probably 6 on weekends (managed to get 90+ atar) . so i'm quite worried that i can't handle such workload. and on top of this my parents are expecting me to get distinctions. Right now i'm just a bit freaked out...

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
I come to realise that doing a double degree is just a hassle. Check out the responses on the latest thread I make. (Click my username then profile then threads)

D94

HSC
N/A
The number of hours has nothing to do with the fact that you are doing a double degree.

At UNSW, Commerce courses generally have 3 contact hours each, so 4 yields 12 hours in total.

Science has typically more contact hours because of more lectures, tutorials and labs. You should have a go at it - what other alternative do you have?

fruitcandy

HSC
The number of hours has nothing to do with the fact that you are doing a double degree.

At UNSW, Commerce courses generally have 3 contact hours each, so 4 yields 12 hours in total.

Science has typically more contact hours because of more lectures, tutorials and labs. You should have a go at it - what other alternative do you have?
hmmm... i'm hoping to get a teaching job at high school. i'm not good at maths (struggled with MX1), no talent at language, found humanities boring, so l'm only left with science. i guess i'm fine with contact hours, just worried that i can't keep up with the work.

flashtrick

Gap year? If only...
HSC
hmmm... i'm hoping to get a teaching job at high school. i'm not good at maths (struggled with MX1), no talent at language, found humanities boring, so l'm only left with science. i guess i'm fine with contact hours, just worried that i can't keep up with the work.
If you did science by itself, you'd have more contact hours for first year. I have 24+ hours a week. No weekday off. Fully jelly that you get wednesday off.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)