dot point 3.2.4 (1 Viewer)

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Constip8edSkunk
you'll never run out of time in a science exam so writing more than required wont hurt... better safe than sorry
not all the time... i had some minor time crisis durin my chem hsc... i was hafin 5 or 10 min left on the last 8 marker or something.... because i took my time too lightly in da beginnin... so yea, it CAN be an issue if u were told by 20 million pplz dat it ain't and u write very legibly and slowly....

abdooooo!!!

Banned
Originally posted by xiao1985
not all the time... i had some minor time crisis durin my chem hsc... i was hafin 5 or 10 min left on the last 8 marker or something.... because i took my time too lightly in da beginnin... so yea, it CAN be an issue if u were told by 20 million pplz dat it ain't and u write very legibly and slowly....
chem? 8 marker? hahaha... wasn't it just a 6 marker? was it the haber question? i hate that... my hsc chem result is ruined because of that shit... its discrimination on handwriting speed. :mad:

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Abdooo learn to write faster then... just don't keep blaming BOS.

abdooooo!!!

Banned
you think i don't try? i spend 1hour a day practising handwriting now.

before the chem hsc... i spent 2 whole weeks practising handwriting. but still its half the speed as everyone else who can write properly. :(

im not blaming them... its just discrimination on something that is not important in a computer age. :p

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Stuff computrs it should be a completley verbal exam, this will also not discrminate against those who can't type as fast. Luckily I dont fall under either of those catergories. Whats wrong because if it is medical or something you will most probably get it.

abdooooo!!!

Banned
Originally posted by kimmeh
hmmm so does brazil still use it or not ? :confused:
of course they do... what do you think them manildra thing involving john howard was about. hahaha... brazilians can't sell their ethanol to australia because mr howard needs money from manildra for the election. :D

hsc chem is so interesting... i've being following them political developments throught the media for a couple of month... :p

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
the original brazilian hydrated ethanol - fuel program kinda fell away in the late 80s as supplies failed 2 meet the increasing demand (despite brazil being the largest ethanol producer), and remained virtually non existant since (although anhydrated ethanol blend fuel was still produced). However over the last year or so, the brazilian government has stepped up to lure consumer back to the sugarcane based ethanol fuel program, mainly due to decreased costs for production of ethanol and the rising oil prices resulting from the unrest in the middle east. it still remains 2 b seen whether this fuel program has been revived

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
hehe i dun have that much stuff to displace those memories yet... lol i kept thinking of using various news reports as supplementary texts before reminding myself taht it is chemistry not english..... or is it? ;)

abdooooo!!!

Banned
yeah i was gonna quote one of them things from the media if that ethanol question ever came up... i had the date and stuff... everything. i bet if i did that all the chem markers would be full impressed.

but the standard evaluation or assessment conclusion is always like it remains to be seeing something something.... only time will tell. fully taking one side is just too dangerous. hahaha :p

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by abdooooo!!!
yeah i was gonna quote one of them things from the media if that ethanol question ever came up... i had the date and stuff... everything. i bet if i did that all the chem markers would be full impressed.
ROFL, whats the question going to be for the HSC then.

"You are a journalist writing for a major international newspaper concerning Brazils ethanol program, quoting relevant sources, include your article as it would be published" (6 marks)

abdooooo!!!

Banned
Originally posted by Xayma
"You are a journalist writing for a major international newspaper concerning Brazils ethanol program, quoting relevant sources, include your article as it would be published" (6 marks)
ahaha... yeah the hsc trend is moving there... you never know in 2 or 3 years you might get a question like that. :D

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Well in 2 or 3 years I hope Im still not doing the HSC ;) First time=Last Time

jims

HSC
note: didnt bother to read previous pages...

most ppl in brazil use petrol cars becoz of the lack of variety in ethanol cars available and unreliable supply of ethanol as well as fewer outlets for refuelling. the govt continues to support ethanol with all govt cars using hydrated ethanol. theres also a 20% requirement of ethanol in brazilian fuel. recent govt steps to bolster the use of ethanol (mainly an economic rather than environmental goal to support brazils largest industy: sugar cane) include the trading of 'credits' under the kyoto protocol with germany allowing germany to release more CO2 while the german govt gives brazil many ethanol cars to 'balance' the total released CO2 err yeh something like that.

the only reason the brazilian govt was even able to get ethanol off the ground was the unusually high petrol prices allowing the govt to adequately subsidise ethanol so that ppl would actually buy it. once prices returned to normal the govt could not afford to keep prices lower than that of petrol (since u need more ethanol per mile than petrol) so ppl went back to petrol. also, they faced some problems with farms or something i cant rmbr and was unable to keep supplies regular so prices fluctuated greatly.

ethanol atm isnt much of an alternative fuel neways.

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
wow this is contradicting to wot other ppl r saying ..... more losted than before ~>.<~

abdooooo!!!

Banned
Originally posted by :: ryan.cck ::
wow this is contradicting to wot other ppl r saying ..... more losted than before ~>.<~
there is no need to worry my friend... this is like english where different views are presented backed up by well supported arguments. as long as you support your arguments with relevant facts and make a valued judgement you will score at least 4 or 5 out of 6, and if you're lucky full marks. but thats unlikely... its like english. :p

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
No more encouraging BOS to make it more like English, I imagine some exam setter coming on here, and going "Now that is a good idea".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)