dot point 3.2.4 (1 Viewer)

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Well from the embassy of Brazils website in UK says a large number of new production cars still operate on Ethanol, it was probably cheaper to stay with the inefficent industry then to try and get the old one back.

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
research was done in brazil to develop yeast specifically for fermentation... they expect that yeast would tolerate a higher yield of ethanol and hence replacin petrol (that needs to be imported and very expensive)... the research how ever, turns out to be extremely unwise economically, hence it was not commerically used...

however, due to the renewabilty of ethanol, it is bein used in qld and usa ... the petronol in qld is used, similar eg can be found in usa...

hence, the renewability of ethanol makes it the potential replacement for current products extracted from crude oil. yet further research is needed before it is utilised world wide commercially...

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC

so in conclusion - the pure form is still used in brazil?

blarrr txtbooks shudnt contradict eachother =\

juggernaut

HSC
brazil has adopted projects to use ethanol and ethanol-petrol blends.. as a result of there low amoutn of oil reserves and high pollution levels.. considering this, the program has been extended and remains viable

locally buses in melbourne have been tested wth it, and in northern queensland where alot of sugar cane waste is produced by the sugar industry, the use of the petranol blend is economically justified..

i got a whole lot of other points, ill give it to yous when ive typed it up

woops just realised i was looking at 3.3.3 grrrrr
ohwell, kinda the same i supose

juggernaut

HSC
brazil is supposebly the only country that uses ethanol as a direct fuel.. other countries like usa, canada use the blends (10% ethanol)

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Yeah Brazil uses pure ethanol, Americans Canadians etc usually use a 10% or a 20% blend (with 20% blend with small engine modifications). Australians generally dont like any ethanol as it can ruin your fuel lines etc, unless you have appropriate modifications.

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by :: ryan.cck ::

so in conclusion - the pure form is still used in brazil?

blarrr txtbooks shudnt contradict eachother =\
dun fink so... i fink they abandoned it cuz twas too costie...

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by kimmeh
they should have a set of guidelines and answers to each dot point and their refferences :p
But then they would have to make each question ambiguous as currently it is enough reguritating of information.

abdooooo!!!

Banned
yeah they do... its just that they change the guidelines from exams to exams... so you write something in one exam it might be full marks but in another exam you'll end up with only part marks. im so freaking confused about what the hell they want... :confused:

they give a weird question like: "account for the use of HFCs" 3marks. then you see the marking guidelines 2 marks is allocated to the description of ozone's importance while just simply stating that HFCs do not destroy ozone gains you the final mark.

you know what i wrote when i didn't see the marking guidelines... i wrote a whole essay evaluating HFCs effectiveness of not destroying ozone due to their properties and something like that... then what the? thats only 1 mark since i didn't really describe the importance of ozone... they proctect us from cancer LOL.

edit: my point is why don't they just ask for ozones importance to earth instead of "account for the use of HFCs"??? the word ozone is not even in the question... :mad:

Last edited:

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Thats why you have to look at the values for them.

This is a type of question Im predicting:

Describe the use of Ethanol as a fuel for cars (4 marks):

1) Discussing the current usuage of petroleum in an internal combustion engine (3 marks)

2) Analyse the advantages and disadvantages of ethonal replacing petroleum (1 mark)

abdooooo!!!

Banned
the problem is you can't... you never know...

like with my example above, its only a 3 marker, and the question: "account for the use of HFCs" clearly stated HFCs... while if you describe the use of HFCs and its properties, and say its because they don't destroy ozones you'll get nothing more than 1 out of 3.

while discussing the issues relating to the damage of this ozone destruction will get you 2 marks. :confused: how does the question indicate that?

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
you'll never run out of time in a science exam so writing more than required wont hurt... better safe than sorry

abdooooo!!!

Banned
Originally posted by Constip8edSkunk
you'll never run out of time in a science exam so writing more than required wont hurt... better safe than sorry
you are wrong... i didn't even finish my chem exam this year... i was half way through my last question on haber and the time was up. :(

i really need some handwriting help.

edit: and yes it hurts like hell when i write... my hands lock up after the first paragraph of something and after that it twitches and cramps for the whole 3 hour. :(

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
You need to prove that you can't write for the exam, but it wouldnt be that hard, the only problem would come is when you write formulas etc, I imagine they would have specific ways to combat that though.

juggernaut

HSC
yeah you can apply for special provisions.. your handwriting has to be reallyyyyy bad though.. like unreadable

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)