Dont know what to do!!! (1 Viewer)

yugi

HSC
Hey Guys,
Year 11's almost finished and it will be time to drop subjects
At the moment im doing 14 units as i have an extra tafe course thing going on
So pretty much what im asking is FOR HELP!! seeing as i really am not sure what to do

Right now i am doing
3U mathematics
2U english
biology
Legal studies
Economics
Sports Lifestyle and Recreation (1unit subject) - used to just fill up the 12 req units for school
2U TVET course

AT school we need 10 units, and iwant to pick up ext 2 mathematics so that i can drop legal studies (not that i dislike the subject -and i am ranked above average in teh gradE) its just that i dont really want to be focusing on that entire syllabus next year as well. If i did this i would have 10 units at school + 2 units from TVET

If i did this would that be a bad choice? seeing as 4U maths is a huge workload!!! quite distressed about this , and dont know what to do.
Any advice or help would seriously be appreciated!!

Furhtermore, my parents think that i am not "committed" enough for 4U mathematics.. i hope that they're wrong

TheStallion

HSC
If you think you can commit to doing 4U maths, then do it. If you don't, then don't do it. It's what you think you're capable of and whether you know you're going to make a huge effort in the subject - not what your parents or anyone else thinks.

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
ask your maths teacher to see what he/she thinks. They know a lot about your capabilities
I picked up Maths Extension 2 so that I could drop Chemistry. I too, was afraid that it would be too much work, however my teacher said that she believes I'm capable so I've decided to give it a try.

I'm now stuck on 12 units with 4 unit maths and History Ext. I do think that 12 units will be a lot of work. So just pick up ext math to see what it's like. if you don't like it, then drop it.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
[
AT school we need 10 units, and iwant to pick up ext 2 mathematics so that i can drop legal studies (not that i dislike the subject -and i am ranked above average in teh gradE) its just that i dont really want to be focusing on that entire syllabus next year as well. If i did this i would have 10 units at school + 2 units from TVET

If i did this would that be a bad choice? seeing as 4U maths is a huge workload!!! quite distressed about this , and dont know what to do.
Any advice or help would seriously be appreciated!!

Furhtermore, my parents think that i am not "committed" enough for 4U mathematics.. i hope that they're wrong
4 unit is highly over-rated course. It does require fair degree of commitment but it doesn't necessarily require "huge workload"...it really depends on individuals.

1 hour per day for maths should be more than enough for most people given that it is productive (with good study method that focus on knowledge, understanding and practice)

But I will suggest you this course of action...keep Legal or TVET couse (if it counts towards HSC) AND progressively drop out the course if necessary.

yugi

HSC
Yeahh, the TVET course does stay..

I am really unsure about what to do, as i dont want to make the wrong decision and be stuck with 4U mathematics .. Even though there is scaling, you're not going to get anything good out of it if you are at the bottom ..

Should i just keep legal and do 3 u mathematics? and have 11 units at school + 2 backup TVET .. that will give me 13 units for HSC

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Yeahh, the TVET course does stay..

I am really unsure about what to do, as i dont want to make the wrong decision and be stuck with 4U mathematics .. Even though there is scaling, you're not going to get anything good out of it if you are at the bottom ..

Should i just keep legal and do 3 u mathematics? and have 11 units at school + 2 backup TVET .. that will give me 13 units for HSC
Having 10 Units is the best strategy given thse conditions if you are COMPLETELY sure that all your 10 units are your biggest strengths.

In all honesty, having 10 units is awesome. Less work, less pressure and ye (but more pressure if you screw up exam).

If you are good at maths tho, you MUST try 4 unit out. It's scaling is scarily good. Let me give you an example, getting placed average in 4 unit is perhaps better than or as good as being placed top 10% in 2 unit. Besides, it's more units! Always great to have more units of high scaling subjects.

Just try it out just in case and drop if you don't like it.

yugi

HSC
It is accounting, the teacher says that it scales pretty well too

I think i will try 4u mathematics for a term and see how it goes.. if it is too hard for me or too much work i will stick to legal and just 3u i guess
Hopefully it all works out

HSC
It is accounting, the teacher says that it scales pretty well too

I think i will try 4u mathematics for a term and see how it goes.. if it is too hard for me or too much work i will stick to legal and just 3u i guess
Hopefully it all works out
oh then definitely keep the TVET course + give 4 unit a go, if you don't like it then drop it either wise keep it :)

yugi

HSC
Thanks for all the help guys, really appreciated :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)