Doing work at night (1 Viewer)

Gigacube

HSC
I think that the longer you stay up the more time will have an effect.

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
Personally, I work best during the dark hours. I'm more creative/switched on from about 9pm through to 3am.

I've never felt depressed or anything at night. I actually feel that more during the day. I'm most comfortable at night (weird, I know).

It entirely depends on you.

Uniqueness

HSC
N/A
Personally, I work best during the dark hours. I'm more creative/switched on from about 9pm through to 3am.

I've never felt depressed or anything at night. I actually feel that more during the day. I'm most comfortable at night (weird, I know).

It entirely depends on you.
Wait... so you don't feel groggy when you have to wake up early to get to school?

Uniqueness

HSC
N/A
Note: I'm out of high school.

Part time uni and work.

Both start at 11am.
:O Lucky... I'm having a hard time working daytime hours. I tend to think better during nighttime but I'm like a walking zombie in the morning and people keep telling me I'll collapse if I keep doing it -_-

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
:O Lucky... I'm having a hard time working daytime hours. I tend to think better during nighttime but I'm like a walking zombie in the morning and people keep telling me I'll collapse if I keep doing it -_-
My best creative work has happened 'after hours'... My best compositions happened after 9pm... Most of my book was written after 9pm.

I can't explain it, but I'm far more focused and creative at night.

When you start having tiredness headaches, then you know you've gone too far.

Uniqueness

HSC
N/A
My best creative work has happened 'after hours'... My best compositions happened after 9pm... Most of my book was written after 9pm.

I can't explain it, but I'm far more focused and creative at night.

When you start having tiredness headaches, then you know you've gone too far.
Explain "too far". As in too late in the night? or waking up too early?

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
Explain "too far". As in too late in the night? or waking up too early?
Well, if during the day you have an non-descript mild headache that impairs concentration, you've gone too far. You may not 'feel' tired, but you are.

Try to get 8 hours sleep if possible, every night for a week and see how you feel.

Uniqueness

HSC
N/A
Well, if during the day you have an non-descript mild headache that impairs concentration, you've gone too far. You may not 'feel' tired, but you are.

Try to get 8 hours sleep if possible, every night for a week and see how you feel.
Hm... I've tried a few things out before, but most of the time when I'm sleep-deprived I tend to 'wake up' (normal concentration) at around 10ish am. Which is pretty bad considering I have an early class that actually need the concentration.
Mind you this only happens when I stay up late. I'm not sure if you can adjust your body to stay up late and improved concentration in the mornings if you practiced doing it long enough. Have you heard anything about this?

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
Hm... I've tried a few things out before, but most of the time when I'm sleep-deprived I tend to 'wake up' (normal concentration) at around 10ish am. Which is pretty bad considering I have an early class that actually need the concentration.
Mind you this only happens when I stay up late. I'm not sure if you can adjust your body to stay up late and improved concentration in the mornings if you practiced doing it long enough. Have you heard anything about this?
Fact of the matter is; you need 8 hours sleep a night, no matter who you are. Otherwise you build up 'sleep debt', which you need to 'pay back' by sleeping extendedly. If you're a night owl or a morning person, it'll make itself obvious. You can change your sleeping patterns, but if you're not careful, they naturally go back to their natural state.

Uniqueness

HSC
N/A
Fact of the matter is; you need 8 hours sleep a night, no matter who you are. Otherwise you build up 'sleep debt', which you need to 'pay back' by sleeping extendedly. If you're a night owl or a morning person, it'll make itself obvious. You can change your sleeping patterns, but if you're not careful, they naturally go back to their natural state.
Is there a natural state for everyone? Or does it vary from person to person? By having 8 hours sleep, does that mean that you would wake up with a good amount of concentration and ready for the day? Because I never really wake up without being groggy -_-

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
Is there a natural state for everyone? Or does it vary from person to person? By having 8 hours sleep, does that mean that you would wake up with a good amount of concentration and ready for the day? Because I never really wake up without being groggy -_-
SpiralFlex said:
Plenty of sleep will prevail
This.

You're waking up groggy because you're not sleeping enough.

Uniqueness

HSC
N/A
This.

You're waking up groggy because you're not sleeping enough.
What? No way. Even when I sleep in during the weekends, that still doesn't work. Plus when I try to sleep early, I just won't sleep -_-

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
I remember for English last year I stayed up memorising essays and after the exam my mind was playing tricks. My Dad drove me to get KFC and he parked. I looked outside the window and thought he was reversing into the shop, conversely in reality the other car beside us was driving away. Fucken inertial frames of reference!

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
What? No way. Even when I sleep in during the weekends, that still doesn't work. Plus when I try to sleep early, I just won't sleep -_-
How long have you been skimming on sleep? Because like I said: Sleep debt.

It took me two months of 12 hour sleeps every night to finally wake up feeling refreshed...

Uniqueness

HSC
N/A
How long have you been skimming on sleep? Because like I said: Sleep debt.

It took me two months of 12 hour sleeps every night to finally wake up feeling refreshed...
Um.... I think a pretty long time. I can't even remember the last time I woke up feeling refreshed anymore.

How long can a sleep debt go up to? Is that a time when the damage is irreparable?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)