Does you school's performance in a subject matter alot? (1 Viewer)

hayhay2012

HSC
My school does really well in humanitarian subjects, with heaps of band 6's..but in chemistry and physics for the past few years there have been no band 6's. And the highest mark in the preliminary HSC exam was 65%...so does this reflect badly on the students or the teachers? And would it be better to stick with low scaling humanitarian subjects e.g. economics and legal studies or high scaling subjects like physics and chemistry? Thankyou :read:

Deep Blue

HSC
It all depends on the cohort. The low marks reflect badly on the students; they may not put in the effort, have the interest, or have the ability. It would be better to stick to whatever subjects YOU are going to do best in, regards of how the rest of your cohort goes. If you get first, then how everyone else goes doesn't matter anyway.

hayabusaboston

HSC
It all depends on the cohort. The low marks reflect badly on the students; they may not put in the effort, have the interest, or have the ability. It would be better to stick to whatever subjects YOU are going to do best in, regards of how the rest of your cohort goes. If you get first, then how everyone else goes doesn't matter anyway.
By your username I guess you like chess and garry kasparov?

Deep Blue

HSC
By your username I guess you like chess and garry kasparov?
Hahaha, you are the first to mention it. Not at all in fact, it was a complete coincidence. Also, “Chess is as elaborate a waste of human intelligence as you can find outside an advertising agency.” - Raymond Chandler

enoilgam

HSC
Not really, it depends mostly on the students. At my school, my mate ended up breaking a four year band 6 drought in english. He do so because he was gun at the subject.

dionb2014

HSC
Maybe if you are competitive you are more likely to be successful in subjects that you have people directly competing against you for victory. If you see someone doing well you might seek to do better therefore making it better to do the subjects people do well in at your school

pencilcase

HSC
yeah i think so because that could affect your marks seeing as hwo some dropkicks may pull u down...
thats why sklz like ruse kick u out if u suk

powlmao

Banned
HSC
yeah i think so because that could affect your marks seeing as hwo some dropkicks may pull u down...
thats why sklz like ruse kick u out if u suk
Not true, no public schools do that I know of. However I wish they did, i have a few drop kicks at my school and they are so dumb

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)