Does the age gap matter? (1 Viewer)

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
theres 6 years between me and my boyfriend... and i havent told my parents, but it hasnt affected us in the slightest...

berry580

HSC
Well when it comes to this, I have to be sexist abit.
My standards are-

For teenage guys (up to 18), it'll be alright with a girl who's 15 or above but not more than 2 years older than you.
For teenage girls (up to 18), you should be preferably be older than 17 and its ok to be with a guy as old as 25 (or even slightly more) if you's are serious.

For matured guys & girls (over 18), if a guy is older than the girl by 10 years is alright if you's are serious, but I personally wouldn't want a girl to be older than me by more than 1 or 2 years.

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
kelboo said:
Just curious to know bout this...
I've been living with my bf for 7 months now, and in 2 wks we're moving back to my parents house, together.
My parents didn't ask about his age, but i'm 18 next week and he's 27.
Do you think this is too much of a difference, and how do i go about bringing it up with te folks??

And what is the difference between all of ur ages in here? I have a feeling i'm a little above the average in here!!

Cheers ;)
Geez, a 17 year old with a 27 year old...that sounds a bit strange. Where did you meet? I guess there is no stopping love!

PhoenixBoy

im 18 n my boy is 26. who cares about age gap. infact, i would be quite hesitant to go for anyone below about 23 now! older is heaps better i reckon!

LoUiE SmOoiE

valentines day sux
HSC
18 then 27 is a fair bit off the border....but if u lik each other and u's r both happy then why the fuck not!

Old_Sk3wl

HSC
LoUiE SmOoiE said:
18 then 27 is a fair bit off the border....but if u lik each other and u's r both happy then why the fuck not!
yerr i agree, and long as you too are cool wif the age gap then fuck what anyone else says!

w1ck3d_c10wn

HSC
shup you just cuz your goin out with a 14 yr old n ur turnin 18 ya dherdy bastard ;p

haha reece says you a cradlesnatcher too

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
the biggest age gap i've ever had (in a relationship, not counting casual stuff) has been 6-7 years. frankly, looking back on it now, the guys i was with... were immature or had some kind of emotional problems. however i was not 18 at the time, and i think there's a big difference between a 14-15 y/o going out with a 21-22 y/o and a 17-18 y/o going out with a 24-25 y/o. you're old enough to make your own decisions and i wish you the best of luck, but remember that an age gap of that magnitude while you're still this young is likely to cause problems somewhere along the way, even if you don't see it at the time.

oh, and my dad was 17 when my mum was born ;)

pinkblinkbarbie

seduce me
HSC
umm i was with a guy way older then me...but it was an experience. like i wont do that sort of thing..espeically seeings how drunk i was at the time, but it just gives you a different outlook on things etc. like i didnt have a problem with the age gap, but some other people do....its a personal thing...
i dont regret it either because i wouldnt be who i am etc if it hadnt cause it did teach me a fair bit belive it or not. and some times being with someone older is a good thing cause they usually have experienced life more and can help you out etc...its not all bad

PhoenixBoy

i dont see anything bad about it personally... i love being with an older boy, n i wouldnt change it for anything.

w1ck3d_c10wn

HSC
Old_Sk3wl said:
jealousy is such a dangerous thing ashie boy ;)
i assure you that i am most certainly not, you and i both know i only go >16, younger chicks arent worth wasting the time or effort on and they tend to be all headfucks anyway....

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
I give up trying to decide right and wrong. I say whatever floats your boat.

Stara

hmmm

How long have you and this guy been together for you two to have moved in together and stuff... 9 yrs is pretty hectic - the age gap btween me n my boy is 4 yrs and some ppl think that's bad.
Meanwhile but my dad remarried a 25yr old when he was 46, so what can you do... (hmm then again, im not sure my dad is such a great model...)

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
age means nothing - what matters is maturity

sometimes ppl use age as an "indicator" for a number of things based on the presumption that age brings experience/wisdom and etc.....

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
There was just under four years gap in the last relationship I was in, and I didn't even think about it most the time because a lot of it has to do with maturity, and the fact we were both as immature as each other helped.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)