Does the age gap matter? (1 Viewer)

kelboo

HSC
Just curious to know bout this...
I've been living with my bf for 7 months now, and in 2 wks we're moving back to my parents house, together.
My parents didn't ask about his age, but i'm 18 next week and he's 27.
Do you think this is too much of a difference, and how do i go about bringing it up with te folks??

And what is the difference between all of ur ages in here? I have a feeling i'm a little above the average in here!!

Cheers ;)

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
FUCK UR PARENTS. ! .
nah its better that they are cool with it but if they arnt then do what you want@@! :mad:

^___^
HSC
for teenagers (ie yourself in this situation) that a 9yr gap is pretty big.. but think long term..when you are in a "mature age", 9yrs gap is nothing

kelboo

HSC
Yeah 9 yrs is alot, but i'm not planning on breaking up with him.. i've known him for so long, and cos we've lived together for the past ages we know we get along like best friends... where's the harm from that point of view?

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
yep i guess so. if oyur on the same level theres no harm. but if its only prolonging the inevitable then GET THE FUCK OUT
RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MissGeorgie

each to their own i say, but personally.... (no offense at all to anyone in a relationship with an age gap) but i kinda think, wats wrong with a guy who, at 27 or watever age, needs to be with some who's 10 years or so younger? but if your happy, go for it :)

-a-s-h-i-

HSC
I personnaly wouldnt go out with a guy more than 4 years older than me, dont really know what i think of it, but my friends older sister is only 19 and is with a guy who is 34 he has like 3 kids and is like an ex-bikey, and he is actually really nice to be honest...and we thought she was a freak but now i dont really know what to think about it now.No offence but i think that it is kinda wrong, but then i think wen your like 23 and 32 it doesnt seem bad at all...i really dont know what i think :p

pinkblinkbarbie

seduce me
HSC
nah i dont see a problem with it....your nearly an adult so basically you can make that decision anyway....but if you love each other than whats the deal? age shouldnt matter unless its like peodophillia (which i cant spell....). my best friend is 17 dating a 22 year old...it only a 5 1/2 year gap but its no big deal....but no has ever cared about that at all
i think that the gap is a problem depending on the maturity level of the two people. but if you are on the same level it doesnt really matter

MissGeorgie

i agree, but the way i see it.....most of the people i know dating older guys (and im not saying this is always the case) are really immature girls anyway, and at like 22-27 a guy should at least b starting to grow up

pinkblinkbarbie

seduce me
HSC
really? i have always found that it is the mature girls that date older men...my bf is 18 (nearly 19) but he is way more mature then the 18 year old guys in my grade...its like all of last year's yr12's are really mature....

kelboo

HSC
wow... so you're 16 or something in yr 12? Don't you find it hard to be at the level of everyone else... like gettin your ps and turning 18, things like that? your bf find it hard or what?

pinkblinkbarbie

seduce me
HSC
kelboo said:
wow... so you're 16 or something in yr 12? Don't you find it hard to be at the level of everyone else... like gettin your ps and turning 18, things like that? your bf find it hard or what?
im 17. yeah it sucks heaps! though while everyone has their p's i still dont have my L's...which i will eventually get but have been putting it off because of really bad experiences with cars. but like, it is hard keeping up in school sort of thing because everyone excelled a year earlier so im a little bit stupid...
my boyfriend doesnt care in the slightest, my 18th is in may, and he says that until then he is enjoying doing things that dont involve clubs and stuff. cause me best friend is also 17 and her boyfriend is 22, we do stuff as couples which rocks cause they are awesome people.
except all the 18ths have been at restaurants or people's houses, so it hasnt been much of a prob because there are other people in my grade who dont turn 18 till next year either...but still i feel like i shouldd be 18 and going to pubs and stuff simply because im at the same level as them in maturity, responsibilty etc

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
pinkblinkbarbie said:
im 17. yeah it sucks heaps! though while everyone has their p's i still dont have my L's...which i will eventually get but have been putting it off because of really bad experiences with cars. but like, it is hard keeping up in school sort of thing because everyone excelled a year earlier so im a little bit stupid...
my boyfriend doesnt care in the slightest, my 18th is in may, and he says that until then he is enjoying doing things that dont involve clubs and stuff. cause me best friend is also 17 and her boyfriend is 22, we do stuff as couples which rocks cause they are awesome people.
except all the 18ths have been at restaurants or people's houses, so it hasnt been much of a prob because there are other people in my grade who dont turn 18 till next year either...but still i feel like i shouldd be 18 and going to pubs and stuff simply because im at the same level as them in maturity, responsibilty etc
ahhaaha your remind me of me...
i was young like you but all you really need is an id... im sure you could get it easily enough...youll be set...

twiddla

As a yr 12 I would never hit on anyone below yr 9 cos it is just gross but i spose as i get older the age diff won't matter that much. Neway how do u meet ppl this age when you don't go into clubs and it is not thru ur rents. I mean i have mates that are that age but generally i know them thru church or family.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)