Does God Exist? (1 Viewer)

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
Schoolies_2004 said:
Im not going to be 'screwed' because I know there is no god, simple as that, I pity people who believe there is, such wasted lives..
hah....so u pity us for having no evidence for gods existence....well i pity u for not believing in god when u dont have any evidence either....

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
Why pity us? We live carefree lives... I for one don't spend half the time worrying about something I can't control.

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
Ah yes, but in each others opinions, the other is deluded and therefore should be pitied. Isn't it wonderful.

alphatango

Resident Geek
HSC
N/A
somechick said:
Yes but there is a mistake. Its called bias. You are the one approving your own post.
Playing devil's advocate here, even though I don't believe in God...

Didn't God create us in the expectation that we would marvel at the glory of his work? Wouldn't this be equivalent to me creating a robot to pay homage to my (admittedly dodgy :)) short stories/novel-forever-in-progress/random rants/etc?

But ah, you (might) say, he gave us free will so that we could think for ourselves. Then that would mean that we're free to decide for ourselves what we think of his project. Are we allowed to decide that it's not really all that wonderful, or is that just a recipe for getting ourselves burnt in hell? Bit unfair, I think, asking a question with the choices of agreeing (mindlessly) or (apparently) eternal torture. :eek:

(*hopes this doesn't degenerate into a big debate over what free will is...* :rolleyes: )

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
Haha, by definition we're all going to hell anyway cause they all say the other is wrong, and we're automatically wrong.. hell will be a big party.

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
alphatango said:
Playing devil's advocate here, even though I don't believe in God...

Didn't God create us in the expectation that we would marvel at the glory of his work? Wouldn't this be equivalent to me creating a robot to pay homage to my (admittedly dodgy :)) short stories/novel-forever-in-progress/random rants/etc?

But ah, you (might) say, he gave us free will so that we could think for ourselves. Then that would mean that we're free to decide for ourselves what we think of his project. Are we allowed to decide that it's not really all that wonderful, or is that just a recipe for getting ourselves burnt in hell? Bit unfair, I think, asking a question with the choices of agreeing (mindlessly) or (apparently) eternal torture. :eek:

(*hopes this doesn't degenerate into a big debate over what free will is...* :rolleyes: )

sure, u can decide for urself wats right and wats wrong......hence we are different to robots......we control our own lives

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
there isnt really a purpose to this thread..except sharing your views and stuff
its getting nowhere
reading over it from page one
its just on repeat

malkin86

HSC
joujou_84 said:
sure, u can decide for urself wats right and wats wrong......hence we are different to robots......we control our own lives

but if we are taught that to disagree with God will make us go straight to hell, where there is wailing and gnashing of teeth ecetera, then isn't that trying to make us yes-men out of fear? But God Knows what's in your heart (and in your head), so the people that are simply yes-men will go to hell anyway.

alphatango

Resident Geek
HSC
N/A
Josie said:
Haha, by definition we're all going to hell anyway cause they all say the other is wrong, and we're automatically wrong.. hell will be a big party.
I'll bring the salsa. :D

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
soha said:
there isnt really a purpose to this thread..except sharing your views and stuff
its getting nowhere
reading over it from page one
its just on repeat
This is because people have ceased putting forward arguments for/against the existence of God (not that there have been many so far anyway) and gone off ranting about Christianity vs Islam, or quoting religious texts, etc

Not that the whole Ford thing was inappropriate

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
but its too long and their are so many different views, it wont end by arguments no matter how much we argue but at least everyone gets an outlook on everyone's religion/belief so its not completely pointless i guess.

zeropoint

HSC
I think the most obvious disproof of a theistic God is the sheer number of independent belief systems throughout the world. Most of the followers of these systems provide equally compelling arguments as to why their religion is the only `true' religion and that all non-believers are destined to an eternity of torment. In addition to this, the historical documents referenced by such systems appear to be derived purely from arrogant human-based notions of superiority rather than the word of a divine entity, as evinced by their obvious human- and geo-centricity.

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
zeropoint said:
I think the most obvious disproof of a theistic God is the sheer number of independent belief systems throughout the world. Most of the followers of these systems provide equally compelling arguments as to why their religion is the only `true' religion and that all non-believers are destined to an eternity of torment. In addition to this, the historical documents referenced by such systems appear to be derived purely from arrogant human-based notions of superiority rather than the word of a divine entity, as evinced by their obvious human- and geo-centricity.

but not all religions actually have a god...alot have been created by man as well...
and i would like to see any evidence showing that christianity, judaism, and islam have been created "from arrogant human-based notions of superiority rather than the word of a divine entity"

i have read many of these claims, yet i have also found that authors of books that speak about such claims never have actual evidence...they have either misquoted other scholars, they have their dates all wrong, or have fabricated evidence....

i read too much :(.....but as a result of alot of reading i have yet to find a person succesful in proving that these religions were created by man.....if u can show me evidence id love to see it. its always great to learn more.

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
Well its up to the believer, and if there is and there is an afterlife dont you want to please God, and Catholism says you only have to believe in jesus and u get into heaven, so dont really matter how u live your life. On the other hand just be good to one another and u might make it into the afterlife no one really knows

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)