Does God Exist? (1 Viewer)

kelboo

HSC
Kierkegaard said:
Never heard of dualism, have we? Free-will in a deterministic world, ergo incorporeal self=soul. I can give you a nice logical proof for the existence of the soul, which you will gleefully reject on dubious and highly irrational grounds. Fair enough. Your opinion is your opinion.

Highly irrational? I am anything but. As I said in my last post, please don't preach to me, this is a topic I have researched in depth ever since I was sent to a religioius all-girls private high school.
The evidence for dualism you are about to force-feed me I can guarantee I have come across many a time before.
I have heard the same bullshit over and over again: and oh look where I stand on this! By golly I was standing here when the bullshit started!

dark_angel

God Is One
HSC
Kierkegaard said:
Never heard of dualism, have we? Free-will in a deterministic world, ergo incorporeal self=soul. I can give you a nice logical proof for the existence of the soul, which you will gleefully reject on dubious and highly irrational grounds. Fair enough. Your opinion is your opinion.

philosphy sux at the moment.

ppl like Ayer and others use such a high vocabulary to try and convince u of their opinion, and most ppl do, because they cant bloody understand what theyre trying to say

kelboo

HSC
dark_angel said:
lol wats a rep?

sorry if i got carried away, i'm not supposed to get angry at ppl, or preach to them in any way...which is also a part of my religion....so yeah

i apologise if i have caused any inconvenience.

with that out of the way... let me just say that i still need to learn a lot more abt my religion (which is sikhism btw)

so i cant really say too much abt it myself, other than i beleive in god.

If you beleive in god, that is entirely your opinion, and i said that alot of times earlier in the thread.

i think i manages to prove that u cant say that god dosent exist, via epistemology and black holes............bah.

god created science "for me".

but it still puzzles me though how we cant figure out what happened before the big bang.

i also dont think we will ever find a TOE.

but thats just my opinion.

Yeah - fair enough. I can agree with you there.
Even someone as pig-headed and atheist as me can discover a happy medium after all..... :eek:

And a rep is your reputation, what other people on BoS think of what you write. Click on "User CP" and you'll see what I mean.

kelboo

HSC
dark_angel said:
philosphy sux at the moment.

ppl like Ayer and others use such a high vocabulary to try and convince u of their opinion, and most ppl do, because they cant bloody understand what theyre trying to say

Hahahaha!!! How much effort does it take to type and think like that! No one talks like that unless they live in a compound of supra-intelligent beings.

You and I are no less clever because we make typos occasionally and write "GOT" instead of "ACQUIRED".

Haha. More bullshit, eh?

Pace Setter

kelboo said:
That something such as life after death, for example could exist. In this instance, once you die, you're dead. You decompose. End.
You couldn't POSSIBLY have a white wispy thing that floats up to a place in the sky called heaven where an almighty supreme ruler resides with all the other dead souls.
This, my friend, is therefore an impossibility.
Definitely. Impossible. Here's a bit of science for you: http://www.futuretalk.org/04/q1/02232836.html

You must be a genius. Whilst the rest of us mere mortals are only able to think within our own little 3-dimensional world, you, my friend, have gone and experienced the other 7+ dimensions and have brought back knowledge of there being "nothing out there."

I'll tell you what's ironic. Calling people superstitious for believing something improbable/not proven irrefutably, whilst at the same time calling things "impossible" with absolutely zero evidence whatsoever to support that claim.

Kierkegaard

HSC
Ok, we have free-will because to believe that our actions are predetermined entails a contradiction. If we have free-will, we must choose our actions external to this predictable world, thus bringing an incorporeal sould into the equation.

Pounce.

kelboo

HSC
Pace Setter said:
Definitely. Impossible. Here's a bit of science for you: http://www.futuretalk.org/04/q1/02232836.html

You must be a genius. Whilst the rest of us mere mortals are only able to think within our own little 3-dimensional world, you, my friend, have gone and experienced the other 7+ dimensions and have brought back knowledge of there being "nothing out there."

I'll tell you what's ironic. Calling people superstitious for believing something improbable/not proven irrefutably, whilst at the same time calling things "impossible" with absolutely zero evidence whatsoever to support that claim.

Even though you have made numerous posts you cannot explicitly elaborate on YOUR position! Are you going to justify why you are attempting to hack at flaws in my hastily typed argument or not?

Stop for one minute and think. Why indeed am I attacking an argument constructed by an opinionated girl of no apparent tertiary education, whose native language is not english? Why indeed?

dark_angel

God Is One
HSC
Pace Setter said:

get with the times dude, M-theory is old school

edit: 11 dimensions in super-string theory if i can remember

dark_angel

God Is One
HSC
kelboo said:
Even though you have made numerous posts you cannot explicitly elaborate on YOUR position! Are you going to justify why you are attempting to hack at flaws in my hastily typed argument or not?

Stop for one minute and think. Why indeed am I attacking an argument constructed by an opinionated girl of no apparent tertiary education, whose native language is not english? Why indeed?

lol i have no tertiary education and my native language is not english

(you can tell by teh spelling mistakes.)

Pace Setter

kelboo said:
Why indeed. Maybe because, I've had a look at this thread, and found an argument that's possibly as you say, "flawed?" I dont need another "why."

kelboo said:
Your right. Instead, what I should be doing is attacking unopinionated boys with lots of tertiary education, whose native language is english.

I'm genuinely perplexed here. What in einstein's name could've been YOUR reason for asking that question?

By the way, I'm also of no tertiary education.

Pace Setter

dark_angel said:
get with the times dude, M-theory is old school

edit: 11 dimensions in super-string theory if i can remember
I heard about that one too. And another one called hologram theory- which refuted string theory if it were correct-if I remember correctly.

The article's to illustrate a point, you see-the new info that's been presented doesnt in any way contradict the point made in that particular post either.

Last edited:

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Well as i watch the death toll of the Tsunami rise....i think and wonder, how can people still believe in a god?

They call this natural disaster an act of god. If a human caused this, they would be tried and killed. So why not god. Yes, Yes, ive heard or the illogical reponses such as, oh all things god does are for a purpose...

Come on seriously.

IMHO there is no hevenly being out there watching over us all.

I watch people prayer in times of disaster, asking for these thing to stop ...do they? no. So either this 'god' is mean, or we are just talking to ourselves.

dark_angel

God Is One
HSC
Deus said:
Well as i watch the death toll of the Tsunami rise....i think and wonder, how can people still believe in a god?

They call this natural disaster an act of god. If a human caused this, they would be tried and killed. So why not god. Yes, Yes, ive heard or the illogical reponses such as, oh all things god does are for a purpose...

Come on seriously.

IMHO there is no hevenly being out there watching over us all.

I watch people prayer in times of disaster, asking for these thing to stop ...do they? no. So either this 'god' is mean, or we are just talking to ourselves.

it was their time, as pre-ordained by god.

no mortal has any say in this

Kierkegaard

HSC
I'm a deist. What God made, God has left to its own devices. I think Voltaire took care of the God of natural disasters quite cleverly in 'Candide'.

Kleaver

HSC
You can believe whatever nonsence you want to believe. But the fact is there there is/are no god/s.

Kierkegaard

HSC
I'm startled by your proof. It makes me reconsider my position entirely. When you put it like that, it makes me reflect in disgust on my previous dogma. If only I could have such insight.

Generator

HSC
N/A
dark_angel said:
prove it.

like u said, this is a thread abt our opinions, but u have to back them up, it says in the first post
Hmmm... 'Prove it'. That may not be that easy given that (in this case) an opinion is based on personal beliefs and perceived truths, don't you think? Besides, the 'prove it' line was cast aside long ago given that nobody can use it with any authority.

dark_angel

God Is One
HSC
Generator said:
Hmmm... 'Prove it'. That may not be that easy given that (in this case) an opinion is based on personal beliefs and perceived truths, don't you think? Besides, the 'prove it' line was cast aside long ago given that nobody can use it with any authority.

the possibility of god exists, hence u cant say god dosent exist.

i proved this point long ago, have a read.

epistemology makes it impossible for you to disagree.

dark_angel

God Is One
HSC
Kleaver said:
You can believe whatever nonsence you want to believe. But the fact is there there is/are no god/s.
how do you know for sure????

have u had any deja-vu's lately??

do u know what the matrix is kleaver.

the matrix is everywhere......

Generator

HSC
N/A
dark_angel said:
the possibility of god exists, hence u cant say god dosent exist.

i proved this point long ago, have a read.

epistemology makes it impossible for you to disagree.

It works both ways (i.e., a god may not exist, so you cannot say that it does exist). As I said, nobody can claim any sort of authority with the 'prove it' line.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)