Does God Exist? (1 Viewer)

Generator

HSC
N/A
jm1234567890 said:
it claims that?
That particular part of the bible may be interpreted in a number of ways, and the idea that it is a symbolic representation rather than a literal description is a more recent interpretation that is now accepted by many. Also, as many have said, the bible does not necessarily lose its 'validity' when placed alongside modern day science.

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
budj said:
Do you call natural selection chance. You say to argue with reason and logic. To mee, natural selection is logical.

I was referring to evolution not Natural selection. Natural slection is logical i didnt say it wasnt..... i agree to the theory of natural selection........ but since ur so wise, a fact is... natural slection does not prove evolution anyway, its what u said it was, logic. survival of the fittest, natural slection., the living organism is merely becoming extinct. natural slection does not produce a new species or a new form, it merely elimantes the old, and prospers the fittest. so nothing new is forming, the species that remain had allready existed they didnt form because of natural selection, they just became larger in number.

physician

HSC
people presume that natural slection is somehow related to evolution and use it to prove their cause, where realy they're just arguing against what they say

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
That is actually micro evolution physician... where a species changes its attributes slowly over time.. It's obvious that this is happening, there are many examples i could site...

As for macro evolution, it's just a longer ammount of time.. to claim that micro evolution is right but macro evolution is wrong is like saying that you can walk to the end of your street but you can't walk up the block.

physician

HSC
Natural selection, that is what i mentioned, so that is what u should use to argue, theres no use in u arguing using macro and micro unless ur trying to make someone else understand, cause i'm certainly not. And anyways, theres nothing to prove evolution, everyhting that is used to prove it eventually turns against the thoery as technology advances.

Monkey Butler

Pray For Mojo
HSC
superbird said:
ur very nieve
You care to explain that? How is it naive to see religion as a tool of control and subjugation? Because for the most part, that's what it is, and has been throughout history. But I suppose we're just too "nieve" to see the truth.

mugrug

Ok... It's late/early and at such time the mind expands and one is able to think more clearly. It's almost as if there is a finate amount of conciousness in any area and whilst most people are sleeping one is able to tap into more of it.

I have come up with a logical disputation of the existance of God.

Either that or I need sleep...

Here it is:

If there was a God would he not be able to both exist and not exist simultaneously?

As such we are both right to believe he exists and does not.

Yet if he exists and also doesn't exist then does that not precurse his original ability to exist and not exist at all?

Thus would he have to not exist at all.

Is that appropriate 3:30 AM philosophical banter?

Note: This applies only to Gods seen to be Omnipresant (ie. Christian God.)

mugrug

Just to clarify the reasoning there: An Omnipresent God must exist in all points and states simultaneously. However, to exist in all states requires the ability (and action) of existing in a non-state. Thus it would be seen to not exist.

And to misquote Douglas Adams:

"'I never thought of that,' said God and promptly dissapeared in a puff of logic."

Or as I'd say, Poo to you with nobs on. *pokes out tongue*

mugrug

Most likely... I'm too tired to realise if I'm nactually being logical... I think I am currently but most things make sense at this hour =)

budj

HSC
Physician, there is, as you say, no concrete proof of evolution. What can be said is that there is a heck of a lot of evidence tospport the claims. biogeography, biochemistry, comparitive embryology, comparitive anatopmy, paelentology, the list goes on...

Natural selection is the precursor to evolution. Over years and years and years, natural selection acts in such a way that it changes a certain species in numerous ways (the selecting pressures of the changing physical,chemical environment and other factors such as comp. for resources, being the causative agent), such that organisms will not be able to breed with each other to form viable young, thus forming a new species (correct if wrong)

THus natural selection eventuially leads to evolution.

yes and micro evolution is definitely happeining, with viralent strains of bacteria, such as stepheloccocus Auerus etc, appearing, that is hard to beat due to natural selection leading to evolution.

budj

HSC
Physician, there is, as you say, no concrete proof of evolution. What can be said is that there is a heck of a lot of evidence tospport the claims. biogeography, biochemistry, comparitive embryology, comparitive anatopmy, paelentology, the list goes on...

Natural selection is the precursor to evolution. Over years and years and years, natural selection acts in such a way that it changes a certain species in numerous ways (the selecting pressures of the changing physical,chemical environment and other factors such as comp. for resources, being the causative agent), such that organisms will not be able to breed with each other to form viable young, thus forming a new species (correct if wrong)

THus natural selection eventuially leads to evolution.

yes and micro evolution is definitely happeining, with viralent strains of bacteria, such as stepheloccocus Auerus etc, appearing, that is hard to beat due to natural selection leading to evolution. there are also many more examples

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)