Does God exist? (4 Viewers)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters
HSC
N/A
Religion is a set of beliefs orchestrated by a higher social class that aims at controlling its society as means to gain power, reduce opposition and revolution and to gain monetary benefits. the aim of religion is not to help an individual but to manipulate them.

God on the other hand is a force/being etc that is unknown. In fact God could refer to the things in life that are unexplained, spiritual fulfillment, a concept that we have generated for we simply cannot comprehend a world with an end, a world lacking any form of mysteriousness- or a world without 'guidance'. Instead we need such a concept for self re-assurance. But then again this form of 'God' could exist- a fact that we will never know until death.

point being that religion has got nothing to do with 'God' because what religions teach do not consist of reaching spiritual fulfillment, finding a purpose in life, or even reaching the answer about God, but instead consist of conformity and manipulation that focus on commands such as 'what is right' and 'what should be done' rather than a 'how' or 'is'.
religions relish on acceptance and revolt against questionings- factors that are most important in finding our own enlightment.

that is why those two factors have got nothing to do with each other.

milolamb

HSC
Josip Broz Tito said:
Religion is a set of beliefs orchestrated by a higher social class that aims at controlling its society as means to gain power, reduce opposition and revolution and to gain monetary benefits. the aim of religion is not to help an individual but to manipulate them.
Manipulate. IMO the rules set by "god" that were inscribed on stone and called the ten commandments are rules that we "try" to abide by now. Half of the commandments are met. It really is about choice. You saying "'What is right'", "'What should be done'". It's all in your head isn't it? Seeing something to believe it is something thiests believe right? (Sterotypical..... Again) People don't kill out of instinct and don't think about right and wrong, they are either 'trained' or they are '1st thought'. If I didn't believe in god and how it would affect me in the afterlife I would go on continues killing spree's. Also it's how you regard god himself and the teaching. I am not a perfect christian nor is any other person out there. But teaching that I believe in include that we should not judge other people unless we are to be judged by god. This does include (which people do not read and think they are mighty workers of god) Anyform of humanity, and animals themselves. "Gods" creation as some people would say. Really, this is manipulative thinking? It's a state of mind, in a thiests mind (sterotypical) you do have a greater power than yourself. You don't act on your behalf. You too are 'manipulated' by government and your consience. If you do not believe I am right and you are not manipluated then (I won't ask for proof) but go break a law or something... Thats being independant. Darn it... This is really long, and isn't all on the quote -.-

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
milolamb said:
Manipulate. IMO the rules set by "god" that were inscribed on stone and called the ten commandments are rules that we "try" to abide by now. Half of the commandments are met. It really is about choice. You saying "'What is right'", "'What should be done'". It's all in your head isn't it? Seeing something to believe it is something thiests believe right? (Sterotypical..... Again) People don't kill out of instinct and don't think about right and wrong, they are either 'trained' or they are '1st thought'. If I didn't believe in god and how it would affect me in the afterlife I would go on continues killing spree's. Also it's how you regard god himself and the teaching. I am not a perfect christian nor is any other person out there. But teaching that I believe in include that we should not judge other people unless we are to be judged by god. This does include (which people do not read and think they are mighty workers of god) Anyform of humanity, and animals themselves. "Gods" creation as some people would say. Really, this is manipulative thinking? It's a state of mind, in a thiests mind (sterotypical) you do have a greater power than yourself. You don't act on your behalf. You too are 'manipulated' by government and your consience. If you do not believe I am right and you are not manipluated then (I won't ask for proof) but go break a law or something... Thats being independant. Darn it... This is really long, and isn't all on the quote -.-
Fallacy 1 in bold - Survival instinct often necessitates another's death in order to avoid your own.
Fallacy 2 underlined - "First thought" would be an instinct reaction.
Fallacy 3 enlarged - Speak for yourself. Atheists aren't natural born serial killers, just like Christians aren't natural born angels. The number of people who have died in the name of atheism can be counted on one hand. The number of people who have died in the name of their God and religion is incalculable.
Fallacy 4 bolded and enlarged - Just because atheists do not believe in your particular version of a "greater power" doesn't mean we don't believe in any greater power at all. Your God doesn't old a monopoly on greatness. In fact, most atheists are also humanists and believe in the triumphant power and hope of the human spirit in the face of great adversity.
Fallacy 5 bolded and underlined - No, that's being criminal. There is absolutely no reason that independence has to be contrary to the legal and justice system of our country. Being independent would be standing up to pressure to conform when you deem it unnecessary or wrong to do so.

HSC
N/A
didnt properly read through your paragraph
but yes i do believe that religion is a whole game of manipulation.
a rule that pertains to most of the populated religions: no sex before marriage.
why?
fuck fuck about doing it with someone you love...bullshit someone you 'love' could be your partner, your de facto, your bf. marriage should not catalyse this 'rule' because the main factor of sex is not to do it right and be moral by doing it throughout marriage. instead marriage is about expressing an emotion towards someone, personal enlightment, release, spirituality.
religion tries to get everyone to fucking conform, not to think outside of the square of different possibilities, tries to brainwash where they cannot think by them fucking self. if a religious extremist kills they seek forgiveness from God and find that to be plausible.
every fucking war has had religion as an issue.

I'll leave you with two quotes by Paulo Coelho, but you already being brainwashed would not appreciate them

The dangers is that every religion, including the Catholic one, says "I have the ultimate truth." Then you start to rely on the priest, the mullah, the rabbi, or whoever, to be responsible for your acts. In fact, you are the only one who is responsible.
Well, by accepting that sex is a physical manifestation of God, and that is not a sin—it is a blessing.

X

xeuyrawp

Exphate said:
GOD EXISTS AND IF YOU DO NOT BELIEVE YOU WILL GO STRAIGHT TO HELL!

This post has been authorised by Inasero, 22/11/2008, Sydney, NSW
Wait till it's: Wilson Chong, MBBS FRAGCP :-/

chewy123

OAM, FAICD, FAAS, MBBS
HSC
God may well exists, but he manifest himself in different form for different people.

pearl-kate

HSC
We're never going to know all the answers now.

Deuteronomy 29:29 - "The Lord our God has secrets known to no one. We are not accountable for them"

God hasn't told us every single detail about what happened when He created the earth, or whatever you want to know about. Just take the time to pray, and ask God to reveal himself to you, and I assure you He will, if you truly seek him with all your heart. God is truth.

Last edited:

Scissors

HSC
HalcyonSky said:
lol church of satan

i quite like some of their ideology
i've read parts of the satanic bible, and to be honest, half the things contained within it are more sane than the things contained within the real bible.

HSC
N/A
it was amazing.

but on other terms why care if God exists?
by doing that you are draining your Personal Being.

HSC
N/A
why regret it?
if God does exist than he will have appreciated the sustenance of my Personal Being.

HSC
well

I better through my 2 cents in...

the whole thing of god being a "thing" is silly, religion is just a way of life, and the bible.. the guide book. You are not spose to take it literally

anywho, somtimes its helpfull have to have faith in at least one thing when faced with deth

now, yous can cut me up lol

HSC
N/A
but you see i was not denying His existence. I was exploring the need to not continually question something that cannot be answered but to rather reach spiritual fulfillment which will be of some guidance whilst we are travelling our inconsistent destiny.
This is what He would want.

krishna32

HSC
gerhard said:
ive got a question about christianity/monotheistic gods. Ive never really understood this, im sure christians must have some sort of answer for it since it seems like such an obvious problem.

Firstly, God is omniscient. He knows everything, he is outside of time. he knows the past and the future.

Secondly, I have free choice to accept god or not. My future is not pre-determined, I can make my own decisions.

But how can I have a free choice if god already knows what Im going to do? God knows the future, he surely must know what I am going to do and if he does then I wouldnt have free choice. If he doesnt know what Im going to do, then he isnt much of a god.
It's like an exam. The markers know the answer, but you have free will to write whatever you want. They aren't going to come and tell you what to do. So, it you do something bad in life, it's not that god doesn't know about it, he/she waits until the 'exam' is over and then marks it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)