Does God exist? (4 Viewers)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
heybashme said:
Once you experience Him in your life you will understand......just hope one day you do.....gonna go study now thats my two cents worth
Been there, done that.
Wasn't anything worth raving about, either.

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC
heybashme said:
you guys believe that science is the end all of all right so what does the law of biogenesis say???? emphasising the word LAW here as people in the scientific community would know it meant that it has actually been proven by scientists... unlike say the theory of relativity by einstien

so what does it say???
someone award this guy the nobel prize

BackCountrySnow

HSC
heybashme said:
Once you experience Him in your life you will understand......just hope one day you do.....gonna go study now thats my two cents worth
I feel empty, like my life is worth nothing. I cannot comprehend the idea of ceasing to exist after I die, I want to feel like there is purpose for my time here on earth rather than just being an occurrence by chance and sheer luck.

Please, show me the way and I will blindly follow.

HNAKXR

Wooooooo...OOOoOOOOoOOoP!
HSC
N/A
BackCountrySnow said:
who is more stupid, the person who is certain god exists or the person who is certain he doesn't?

how can you post/talk/rant with any conviction on a topic which cannot be proved nor disproved?
Yay another guy on the maybe team.

Go TEAM! :)

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
BackCountrySnow said:
I feel empty, like my life is worth nothing. I cannot comprehend the idea of ceasing to exist after I die, I want to feel like there is purpose for my time here on earth rather than just being an occurrence by chance and sheer luck.

Please, show me the way and I will blindly follow.
"I have a solution! Let's all pretend that we don't die at all! Death ain't so scary when it's not death, just rebirth into a new, eternal life!
As for the loneliness, we wouldn't be alone if there were some omniscient presence continuously watching over and guarding us (but still letting bad things happen to us)!
But wait a minute, if we don't fear death, then we could do whatever we liked here on Earth! It'd be anarchy!
Hmmm...
I know! What if there is actually a form of punishment and reward after death? If we're bad in this life, we get punished, but if we're good then we get rewarded!"
*Enter religion, stage right*

HSC
BackCountrySnow said:
who is more stupid, the person who is certain god exists or the person who is certain he doesn't?
Depends on their reasoning, of course.

Not fans of people who sit on the fence just because of the small problem of absolute [dis]proof being technically impossible.

heybashme

HSC
well you explain it to me Will Shakespeare??? This is science something that evolutionists believe explains everything so explain it to me if you dont mind or aint it worth your time???

sorry Moll but what is ur definition of living? Its evolution that i'm questioning? How come to this very day no mutation that increases genetic information has been discovered if you find a legit link please send it

Katietrully can i asked you how u pulled out a statement like that out of my words i said 'experience Him in your life'

gatesmitchell

HSC
hey there guys, looks like this is a big topic in this forum, i personally believe that he does , but why should you believe me? im just some random ranga haha, but i got sent this and it made sense towards the whole thing check it out if your interested in the topic from a science perspective.....

http://jganger.blogspot.com/2007/09/god-vs-science.html cheers hope you all go well in the rest of your exams....

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
heybashme said:
well you explain it to me Will Shakespeare??? This is science something that evolutionists believe explains everything so explain it to me if you dont mind or aint it worth your time???

sorry Moll but what is ur definition of living? Its evolution that i'm questioning? How come to this very day no mutation that increases genetic information has been discovered if you find a legit link please send it

Katietrully can i asked you how u pulled out a statement like that out of my words i said 'experience Him in your life'
I'm not a biologist, so i'm not going to be able to respond to this very well. But aren't there billions of sequences of genetic coding which make up our DNA structure? So how would we know whether that billion becomes a billion + 1?
I can, however, tell you that there are genetic disorders that change the number of chromosomes, although i do not know whether that's the same as increasing genetic information. I can't think of any off the top of my head that increase the number of chromosomes, but i can tell you that people with Downs Syndrome have only 37 chromosomes, rather than the standard 38 for humans. Which also curiously places them right between chimpanzees and humans, as chimps have only 36. Apologies if you know of any one with Downs Syndrome, I'm just stating facts.
So if there are disorders that decrease the no. of chromosomes, it stands to reason that there are some which increase it, although i don't know any off the top of my head.

Defining life is incredibly difficult, as there are many things which will sit precariously upon the edge of your definition. I'd like you to define it personally, because it's your argument though.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
heybashme said:
you guys believe that science is the end all of all right so what does the law of biogenesis say???? emphasising the word LAW here as people in the scientific community would know it meant that it has actually been proven by scientists... unlike say the theory of relativity by einstien

so what does it say???
lol

oh man

heybashme

HSC
I believe that a living thing is a thing which can exist and then cease to exist.ie life and death......about that chromosone thing that does not demonstrate the development of new infromation rather they demonstrate either preprogrammed variation, multiple copies of existing information. Down syndrome i believe cannot occur by chance, i believe the DNA of the person is defective or something and in that generation the defectiveness is apparent.....i'm no biologist or doctor myself so if i stated something incorrectly concerning this dna stuff please correct me....if scientists could conduct that hadron experiment, which involves subatomic particles nd even smaller dont u reckon they could detect a change in DNA coz DNA is actually made of atoms

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
heybashme said:
I believe that a living thing is a thing which can exist and then cease to exist.ie life and death......about that chromosone thing that does not demonstrate the development of new infromation rather they demonstrate either preprogrammed variation, multiple copies of existing information. Down syndrome i believe cannot occur by chance, i believe the DNA of the person is defective or something and in that generation the defectiveness is apparent.....i'm no biologist or doctor myself so if i stated something incorrectly concerning this dna stuff please correct me....if scientists could conduct that hadron experiment, which involves subatomic particles nd even smaller dont u reckon they could detect a change in DNA coz DNA is actually made of atoms
Down Syndrome is caused by a nondisjunction of chromosomes during meiosis, how do you propose we detect this change in DNA and stop it happening at an atomic leve, Einstein?

heybashme

HSC
Could you please state that in plain english please, i aint no biology student but i wanna know your counter reply

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
heybashme said:
Could you please state that in plain english please, i aint no biology student but i wanna know your counter reply
Exactly you fucking idiot. You know nothing about Biology, but you're proposing such gems as "dont u reckon they could detect a change in DNA coz DNA is actually made of atoms", comparing it with the Hadron Collider.

HNAKXR

Wooooooo...OOOoOOOOoOOoP!
HSC
N/A
katie tully said:
Exactly you fucking idiot. You know nothing about Biology, but you're proposing such gems as "dont u reckon they could detect a change in DNA coz DNA is actually made of atoms", comparing it with the Hadron Collider.
ive never seen this side of you :rofl:

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
heybashme said:
Then a soft rock could be considered alive. If i crush it it turns to dust and disappears, therefore ceasing to exist. Similarly for water, if i boil it it ceases to exist. Better yet, if i use electrolysis, the water doesn't just change physically, it changes chemically too. Therefore, ceasing to exist.
And you will of course reply that the rock and water don't just cease to exist, they are simply ground up and split into tiny molecules. My reply is: "We don't just cease to exist when we die. We rot. We break down into tiny little molecules too. We turn into dust, just like that rock."
And you also used the word 'life' in your definition of 'life', which is a big no-no.

heybashme

HSC
ahhhh thanks for the constructive critcism....i was willing for someone to correct me.... ok now i know you cant compare those two but still how come there is no evidence for an increase in genetic infromation .... as i said before if you could find me a legitimate link send it... which is vital for evolution...or we would supposedly still be monkeys??

But your a medical science student arent you that Down syndrome is it not from a defect in your gene pool / DNA.... i know they prob aint the same thing but you get my point as i said im no biologist

heybashme

HSC
moll. said:
Then a soft rock could be considered alive. If i crush it it turns to dust and disappears, therefore ceasing to exist. Similarly for water, if i boil it it ceases to exist. Better yet, if i use electrolysis, the water doesn't just change physically, it changes chemically too. Therefore, ceasing to exist.
And you will of course reply that the rock and water don't just cease to exist, they are simply ground up and split into tiny molecules. My reply is: "We don't just cease to exist when we die. We rot. We break down into tiny little molecules too. We turn into dust, just like that rock."
And you also used the word 'life' in your definition of 'life', which is a big no-no.
When i said ceases to exist etc i meant ie. humans, bacteria, cells, plants, animals.... whats a better way of saying it....maybe something that functions for its survival

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
heybashme said:
ahhhh thanks for the constructive critcism....i was willing for someone to correct me.... ok now i know you cant compare those two but still how come there is no evidence for an increase in genetic infromation .... as i said before if you could find me a legitimate link send it... which is vital for evolution...or we would supposedly still be monkeys??

But your a medical science student arent you that Down syndrome is it not from a defect in your gene pool / DNA.... i know they prob aint the same thing but you get my point as i said im no biologist
I do hope that was directed at katie, because i am most certainly not a Med Sci student.
Which means that i do not have any websites to give you for evolution, nor time to find them.
But my understanding of biology is that even in a fully grown adult you can still get genetic problems, because the RNA doesn't copy the DNA properly, and then the new cells created from that RNA strand copy themselves and so-on, until it's all wrong. On second thoughts, that might just be cancer. Or plain wrong.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)