• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Does God exist? (5 Viewers)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters

Darnie

mad cunt
HSC
moll. said:
There's no-on on this thread. It's just me. Haunting the abandoned halls of "Does God exist?"
Scroll up. Look at the previous posts. Every second one is mine.
That's cos whenever someone comes on here, i immediately scare them off with my brazen and rude attitude towards their personal convictions.
Oops.
Haha i noticed that. this thread would be easier to use for christians if you weren't here lol.

how were your exams today?

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
advanced sam said:
hey i just went outside and saw... get this... god in, i mean IN the carrots my dad grows in his vegie garden. no way can you believe it!!

+ i thought the apocalypse wasnt meant to happen until later (even though it was proclaimed in 2001 that jesus would return..) in the century, which in that case why would u see jesus now anyway..... ok then
Bah.
They've been predicting the apocalypse since before Jesus was even dead. Even he predicted that it'd come before his disciples were dead. Which turned out to be a rather embarrassing flaw in the bible which the author of 2 Paul had to correct by saying that "a day of the Lord's is equal to a thousand on earth".
Oops.
Hey, remember Y2K? That was funny. I was like 9 and i could still tell it was a load of crap.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Darnie said:
Haha i noticed that. this thread would be easier to use for christians if you weren't here lol.

how were your exams today?
Where's the fun in that? They're just scared of my all-round awesomeness and supreme ability to refute anything that they say.

Darnie

mad cunt
HSC
moll. said:
Where's the fun in that? They're just scared of my all-round awesomeness and supreme ability to refute anything that they say.
haha quite possibly!

i might even call it... god-like?
haha excuse the pun

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Will Shakespear said:
so basically god is sexual reproduction

since one of those is an organ for it and the other one is a product of it
God is a giant phallus.
Which makes the Virgin Conception even more of a miracle.

hsb39

HSC
veloc1ty said:
Sounds terrible.
I like life, it sounds fine to me, it actually sounds better than most of the descriptions of heaven that I have heard.

HSC
I don't know why my post was deleted.

Anyway: I was saying it was terrible because it was for all eternity, not because life on earth is shit.

Which made me think of something (I found) interesting: if you didn't actually know it was for all eternity, how many years would have to pass before you started getting tired of life?

I suppose it also depends on how long everyone else lives for.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
veloc1ty said:
I don't know why my post was deleted.

Anyway: I was saying it was terrible because it was for all eternity, not because life on earth is shit.
Apparently the moderators don't like us.
Anyway, yeah, it might get boring after a while, but then again, so would heaven and all that niceness. Could you imagine spending all of eternity with the nicest person you know, multiplied by a hundred.
Arg.
Scary thought.

HSC
Oh yeah of course. It's funny how ingrained heaven and hell is, yet when you think about it they're ridiculous concepts...

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
veloc1ty said:
Oh yeah of course. It's funny how ingrained heaven and hell is, yet when you think about it they're ridiculous concepts...
Yeah. I like life. I like the thought that this life has an end. In the wise words of Achilles/Brad Pitt:

The Gods envy us. They envy us because we're mortal, because any moment might be our last. Everything is more beautiful because we're doomed. You will never be lovelier than you are now. We will never be here again.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Mmm... Subtle suggestions of homosexuality.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Epistemophobia said:
do i exist...? can someone tell me, cause shit, i have no idea.
What is existence?

Is it simply the ability to think and be conscious of our thoughts?
Then plants do not exist. Nor rocks. Nor water

Is it simply something which we can see?
Then air does not exist.

Is it simply being a collection of functioning atoms?
Then protons and electrons do not exist, for they are not atoms on their own

Is it simply being made of something solid, with mass?
Then energy and electricity do not exist, because they are not solid or have mass.

In short: you don't exist, because existence is undefined.

EDIT: added another one.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)