Does God exist? (4 Viewers)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
emytaylor164 said:
I am like that to, i disagree with Islam, buddhism, hinduism, e.t.c. cos they are in my opinon, false relgion, but i respect the people who follow that religion, it is God's place to judge not mine.
Ive missed you Em :)
Do you think its ok to disrespect another persons beliefs?
I do....but then , when mine are i feel so hurt?
What do you reckon?

squeenie

And goodness knows...
HSC
Edward Teach said:
but does god exist?

i really need to know
Obligatory Hitchhiker's Guide to The Galaxy reference:

"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing."

"But," says Man, "the Babel fish is a dead giveaway isn't it? It could not have evolved by chance. It proves that You do exist, and so therefore, by Your own arguments, You don't. Q.E.D."

"Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanishes in a puff of logic.

"Oh, that was easy," says Man, and for an encore, he goes on to prove that black is white and gets himself killed on the next zebra crossing.
Sorry. I couldn't help myself. :D

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
squeenie said:
Obligatory Hitchhiker's Guide to The Galaxy reference:

Sorry. I couldn't help myself. :D
Hahhahaaaaaa!!!!
But thats sacrilege :)

squeenie

And goodness knows...
HSC
*TRUE* said:
Hahhahaaaaaa!!!!
But thats sacrilege :)
Yeah, I know. :)

But when someone talks about religion, I do my best to respect their beliefs. If they want to believe in whatever they believe in, well that's up to them.

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
*TRUE* said:
Ive missed you Em :)
Do you think its ok to disrespect another persons beliefs?
I do....but then , when mine are i feel so hurt?
What do you reckon?
I think that there is a difference between respecting someones beliefs and accepting there beliefs. I think it is wrong to not to respect the fact that they believe something different, it does not mean that you have to agree with there beliefs

squeenie

And goodness knows...
HSC
emytaylor164 said:
I think that there is a difference between respecting someones beliefs and accepting there beliefs. I think it is wrong to not to respect the fact that they believe something different, it does not mean that you have to agree with there beliefs
Exactly. If someone tried to tell me that the sky was actually green, and that we're all just colourblind, I'd back off, but I wouldn't tell them off for it. I'd just let them live in their little happy green sky world.

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
squeenie said:
Yeah, I know. :)

But when someone talks about religion, I do my best to respect their beliefs. If they want to believe in whatever they believe in, well that's up to them.
Yes :)
I never want a person to feel i devalue what is important to them , because in a way when you do that , you devalue them.
Yet.... some things that i think are damaging to them , i wonder how i can respect them.... I suppose one just has to have tact when discussing things like religion.

squeenie

And goodness knows...
HSC
*TRUE* said:
Yes :)
I never want a person to feel i devalue what is important to them , because in a way when you do that , you devalue them.
Yet.... some things that i think are damaging to them , i wonder how i can respect them.... I suppose one just has to have tact when discussing things like religion.
What do you mean by things that you think that are damaging them?

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
squeenie said:
What do you mean by things that you think that are damaging them?
Ok well ill give you an example , say a Janist who has to carry a broom everywhere to avoid killing bugs...Id like them to be liberated from carrying a broom....but as i say , i dont want them to feel devalued. So if discussing the religion , it would be a balancing act :)

squeenie

And goodness knows...
HSC
*TRUE* said:
Ok well ill give you an example , say a Janist who has to carry a broom everywhere to avoid killing bugs...Id like them to be liberated from carrying a broom....but as i say , i dont want them to feel devalued. So if discussing the religion , it would be a balancing act :)
... Carrying brooms...? Now I've heard everything!

Well I'd just let them carry their broom around. But does anyone really, honestly, give a hey about what happens to them? Sure, you'd be concerned about them for a while, but would you really worry yourself over it?

Most of the time, it would have been a person's individual decision to carry brooms or whatever, and so whatever they have decided to do, its their choice, and we have no right to interfere with it. That's for God/Yahweh/Allah/Kami-sama/whoever else to decide, I guess.

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
squeenie said:
... Carrying brooms...? Now I've heard everything!

Well I'd just let them carry their broom around. But does anyone really, honestly, give a hey about what happens to them? Sure, you'd be concerned about them for a while, but would you really worry yourself over it?

Most of the time, it would have been a person's individual decision to carry brooms or whatever, and so whatever they have decided to do, its their choice, and we have no right to interfere with it. That's for God/Yahweh/Allah/Kami-sama/whoever else to decide, I guess.
Well , yes, I do care.
The thing is , if i am to believe my God...those who do not accept Christ as saviour are going to hell :(

squeenie

And goodness knows...
HSC
*TRUE* said:
Well , yes, I do care.
The thing is , if i am to believe my God...those who do not accept Christ as saviour are going to hell :(
So from a Christian point of view, everyone who is not Christian is going to hell, and therefore needs to be saved? Do they really hope to convert every non-Christian before the end of the world?

To me, that sounds a bit impractical, but then again, who am I to be questioning what someone genuinely believes in? If that's what helps them get through life, then so be it.

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
*TRUE* said:
Do you think that such a thing is deserved? If not, is it really the kind of club you want to join?

squeenie

And goodness knows...
HSC
KFunk said:
Do you think that such a thing is deserved? If not, is it really the kind of club you want to join?
You know, that's what I thought too... When people say: 'Oh no, you're not Christian, you're going to hell!' I can't help but think, do they really have good intentions, or is this some kind of holier-than-thou attitude they're trying to throw at me?

HSC
Christianity seems to be a little patronising to their God-figure.

Like he is some sort of tantruming child who is angry because of the faults he made in the people he created, and blames humanity for his mistakes.

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
KFunk said:
Oh no...Kieran... You have come to know my weakness :(
The one thing (at a heart level )that i feel discordance with.

Squeenie? What happened to the sentiments you expressed before? Do you now think Christians can all be classified as putting on a holier than thou persona?
If a Christian has an attitude like that they do not understand the teachings of Christ at all.

squeenie

And goodness knows...
HSC
*TRUE* said:
Oh no...Kieran... You have come to know my weakness :(
The one thing (at a heart level )that i feel discordance with.

Squeenie? What happened to the sentiments you expressed before? Do you now think Christians can all be classified as putting on a holier than thou persona?
If a Christian has an attitude like that they do not understand the teachings of Christ at all.
Hmm.... I don't know... It's just that some Christians I know have that holier-than-thou persona and it really annoys me. I know not all of them are like that, and I really shouldn't generalise, but its those fundamentalists that severely put me off, you know?

Last edited:

Edward Teach

Blackbeard!
HSC
N/A
squeenie said:
Hmm.... I don't know... It's just that some Christians I know have that holier-than-thou persona and it really annoys me. I know not all of them are like that, and I really shouldn't generalise, but its those fundamentalists that severely put me off, you know?
Well if they really, *TRUE*-ly believed it, you'd expect them to act like that wouldn't you?

CharlieB

?uestlove
HSC
Edward Teach said:
Well if they really, *TRUE*-ly believed it, you'd expect them to act like that wouldn't you?
if you knew anything about Christianity, you would know that humility is a virtue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)