Does God exist? (4 Viewers)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
webby234 said:
I don't think you can reconcile the Big Bang theory with a creator. The singularity was unpredictable in principle (which means not just the natural laws were unknowable to human understanding, but that no natural laws existed). Thus the conditions that you say god created were not guaranteed to lead to life. I don't think that's compatible with the idea of an all-powerful creator who supposedly created us.
I've come across this argument a couple times before. It's a pretty neat way of excluding certain conceptions of god (provided you accept scientific consensus regarding the big bang).

T-mac01

HSC
N/A
Red-Ink-Frenzy said:
Okay, I haven't read any of the above posts, but here's what I think (purely my opinion): God does not exist.
1) "God" didn't write the bible. It was written by man.
2) Why would he kill his own creations?
3) The earth WAS NOT created in seven days - we know this as fact. And if we cannot take this section of "God's word" as the utter truth, then what else in the bible is a lie?
Question 1 Trivial not gonna answer that.
Question 2 Just to remind you it sounds senseless if you just ask that question alone. Death may mean different things to different people and "why wouuld he kill his own creation?". Let me ask you, do you honestly think he's a 2 year old child killing things he doesn't like? I'm sure the killing or dying part you're meant to suggest is purely the physical form our souls occupy, it's not really the end of us if we leave part from it due to death. And even if our pure form do die, it would usually mean our nature is simply too potent to be part of existence.

Question 3 I'm not a Bibble person nor am I a Christian. But it is possible that the 7 days really meant 7 days in heaven which would have literally been 7 years in our dimension. Even if it was created in 7 Earth days, who cares. A person is not going to use that as a "FACT" to prove his non-existence.

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
T-mac01 said:
Question 3 I'm not a Bibble person nor am I a Christian. But it is possible that the 7 days really meant 7 days in heaven which would have literally been 7 years in our dimension. Even if it was created in 7 Earth days, who cares. A person is not going to use that as a "FACT" to prove his non-existence.
How do you know how long a day is in heaven?

How does anyone know anything about heaven?

T-mac01

HSC
N/A
Tulipa said:

I can't be sure that figure is fully correct. But I've got that from somewhere.

You can PROBABLY think of it as a rotating wheel plate. We are on the outer part of the solar system which everything would change a lot faster just to keep its equilibrium.

Anyway, don't count me in on this. It's just a concept.

T-mac01

HSC
N/A
Tulipa said:

Btw, for your second question. There is actually one person that knows everything about heaven on this planet and currently still living.

K

katie_tully

kols_kebabs said:
According to the bible, jesus was resurrected and then he just sort of wandered off.
Jesus never died, and is still physically alive today.

I find that one of the cooler, lesser known facts of chrisitianity, the idea that jesus is still out there somewhere.
It's one of the more ridiculous, baseless claims the Bible has made too. I thought Santa Clause was out there, somewhere, and look how that turned out.

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
Wait wait, I seem to remember back in the ancient days of scripture Jesus-dood hanging around for a while after resurrecting and then floating back up to heaven. No?

K

katie_tully

NO NO YOU WERE MISTAKEN BECAUSE JESUS IS COMING BACK AND HE IS GOING TO SAVE US AND HE NEVER REALLY DIED BECAUSE HE WALKED FROM THE TOMB!!!! It says so in the Bible!

sp0ntane0us

traveller of time & space
HSC
Josie said:
Wait wait, I seem to remember back in the ancient days of scripture Jesus-dood hanging around for a while after resurrecting and then floating back up to heaven. No?
Yeah, that's how it goes. None of that kooky "He's still hanging around" business.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
I love how christians try to interpret the bible in a way that makes more sense thinking that by doing so they are somehow proving the whole concept of god is logical and therefore that god exists. It makes me laugh.

I get it.... Where the bible says the Earth was created in 7 days it doesn't mean it was actually created in 7 days because (insert reason here). So that proves you are not wasting your life how exactly?

K

katie_tully

The fact that this thread hasn't imploded on itself and taken these morons with them is proof enough that there is no god.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
sanjeevprasad99 said:
i dont believe in god for many reasons, but thats me:)
I don't believe in god for 1 reason... it's the same reason that I don't believe in the Easter Bunny.

sp0ntane0us

traveller of time & space
HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
I don't believe in god for 1 reason... it's the same reason that I don't believe in the Easter Bunny.
Oh no the Easter Bunny is real I tell you... you just need to see the light! ;)

ssejamafone

Ninja?
HSC
N/A
katie_tully said:
The fact that this thread hasn't imploded on itself and taken these morons with them is proof enough that there is no god.
it appears that what we have here is a conversion. :uhhuh:

K

katie_tully

Something about you not being the son of God?
I don't think many people debate the existence of Jesus. I think that is pretty much a given. The circumstances regarding his life however? Like that little issue about being immaculately conceived, dying and then being alive again.

Cookie182

Individui Superiore
HSC
N/A
I remember something i was told by my teacher-

A group of scientists set out to prove god existed. And wehn they did, he ceased to exist. God is a personal matter of faith. Any holy book contains personal recollections- faith is a reltaive concept that is condoned on apersonal level. It can not be proved as it has an individual existence that is independent of others.

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
Cookie182 said:
I remember something i was told by my teacher-

A group of scientists set out to prove god existed. And wehn they did, he ceased to exist. God is a personal matter of faith. Any holy book contains personal recollections- faith is a reltaive concept that is condoned on apersonal level. It can not be proved as it has an individual existence that is independent of others.
That story actually doesn't make sense, at all... so why did he cease to exist?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)