Does God exist? (4 Viewers)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
Dr_Doom said:
You've just rearanged my sentences to make it look like killing people makes you a better person.
yeah, don't misquote. killing doesn't make you a better person. being christian makes you a better person. as long as you're both a murderer AND christian, then it's ok to kill, coz you're still a better person than those dirty jews, and godless atheists

G

genavania

but the thing is. christians dont usually murder. like a person living their life 4 jesus doeesnt do it.
many people who were murderers have repented and become christians for numerous reasons and sometimes christians drift away and make mistakes.
what dr doom is trying to say i think that once you giv ur life to God he will keep on forgiving if you keep on loving. no matter what you have done

transcendent

HSC
N/A
yes, because those without religions don't know how to forgive themselves and those with religions don't need other people to forgive them when God can do it for them so if they hurt someone they only need to ask Jesus for forgiveness and the whole world is a happy place. seriously is 'forgiveness' and the threat of hell all you have to sell Christianity? cause the chicks are all hysterical and i'm not into 10 year old choir boys behind the altar when mass is finished.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
genavania said:
but the thing is. christians dont usually murder. like a person living their life 4 jesus doeesnt do it.
many people who were murderers have repented and become christians for numerous reasons and sometimes christians drift away and make mistakes.
what dr doom is trying to say i think that once you giv ur life to God he will keep on forgiving if you keep on loving. no matter what you have done
Humans don't usually murder. By saying Christians don't usually murder, you imply that non-christians do, which is false.

Anyway, pressuming God exists, if he was all loving, all knowing and understanding, he would accept you regardless of what you believe. We are good at heart. Religion seems to make divide the world into "good" and "evil", but it simply isnt that way. If God had a true understanding of humankind, he would accept them all.

Even non-christians.

G

genavania

and he does. when jesus came to earth he spoke with and ate with many non jewish people. he also told the famous good samaritain parable.
the samaritans and the jews were enemies and the story tells of the samaritain helping the jew.
his meaning behind it was to say that we should love everyone not just those who love us.
he also repeatadly mentions that he did not come to save the righteous but the unrighteous.
also there are mentions of people who have never known God/Jesus and his law. that they will be judged according to what they know.

Jesus is not just for christians. he loves and died for everyone regardless of whether they love him back. he accepts them all and is willing to forgive them whenever they ask.

i was not trying to say that christians are good and non christians are bad but simply that christians dont usually murder. you are twisting my words. please dont

pkc

HSC
N/A
"Christianity is the most ridiculous, the most absurd and bloody religion that has ever infected the world."

[Voltaire]

G

genavania

why do u keep posting quotes. its pretty annoying and it says absolutley nothing about yourself. not that you are witty, smart oropinionated but that you can use google.

congrats

pkc

HSC
N/A
We should never forget the conclusions that great thinkers came to.

pkc

HSC
N/A
genavania said:
why do u keep posting quotes. its pretty annoying and it says absolutley nothing about yourself. not that you are witty, smart oropinionated but that you can use google.

congrats

wanker.

volition

arr.
HSC
I don't think christians are any less likely to commit crimes than non-christians. I wonder if there are any statistics about this. I'd like to see some before people start saying that christians are "better people"

Generator

HSC
N/A
pkc said:
1. If you are going to counter a point, please do so in a constructive manner - pathetic and groundless insults and posts that fail to address the issue (in some way, at the very least) have no place within this forum.
2. genavania has a point - if you are going to provide a quote, you would be best to discuss it in some way.

Last edited:

pkc

HSC
N/A
"The most heinous and the most cruel crimes of which history has record have been committed under the cover of religion or equally noble motives."

[Mohandas Gandhi]

pkc

HSC
N/A
The beauty of a good quote is that it says what is meant...no extra words are necessary.

Generator

HSC
N/A
pkc said:
The beauty of a good quote is that it says what is meant...no extra words are necessary.
Yet at the same time a quote without elaboration is of no use within an academic context.

If you are going to continue to post quotes without interpretation, please do not insult those who question your intentions.

davin

HSC
N/A
however, the flaw of quotes is that they alone dont' form an arguement, so they're not constructive in debate because debates need to deal with facts or claims, not opinions, no matter how notable a person it is
just as if someone posted in here and made a statement with no claims and just said "yes theres a god" or "no theres not a god" and said nothing further it wouldn't be productive, the same goes for you just posting quotes. they don't add anything.

i was not trying to say that christians are good and non christians are bad but simply that christians dont usually murder. you are twisting my words. please dont
nonchristians usually don't murder also. christians don't have a monopoly on not killing

pkc

HSC
N/A
"Our Bible reveals to us the character of our god with minute and remorseless exactness... It is perhaps the most damnatory biography that exists in print anywhere. It makes Nero an angel of light by contrast"

[Reflections on Religion, 1906]

davin

HSC
N/A
there is something ironic here that while most of the people that are taking issue with people beleiving in god based on religion because of a lack of individual critical thought and assessment, you, pkc, seem to be argueing counter to that piece of logic.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)