dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
what if your fear is based on evidence

or what if you have seen the light

also are you denying the possibility of a priori knowledge

thrillkiller

HSC
1. I know what it's from, doesn't make it not stupid.
2. It's a stupid way of thinking, you should only believe things based on evidence, not on fear.

The only thing I am offended by is that someone can come up with that as an argument for the existence of God, shows how stupid people are.
Who said anything about fear? Maybe believing in God is logical to some like it is illogical to you

IamBread

HSC
Who said anything about fear? Maybe believing in God is logical to some like it is illogical to you
"If you believe, you have nothing to lose and everything to gain, yet if you don't, you have nothing to gain and everything to lose."

That is based purely 100% on fear that if you don't believe you will end up somewhere you don't like.
I'm not saying all faith is fear based, just that argument.

thrillkiller

HSC
"If you believe, you have nothing to lose and everything to gain, yet if you don't, you have nothing to gain and everything to lose."

That is based purely 100% on fear that if you don't believe you will end up somewhere you don't like.
I'm not saying all faith is fear based, just that argument.
its just like saying 'better safe than sorry'

whats wrong with that

though i do think God would rather we worship him out of love and want rather than out of fear or ending up somewhere we dont like

RANK 1

HSC

whats wrong with that

though i do think God would rather we worship him out of love and want rather than out of fear or ending up somewhere we dont like
also seeing as god is meant to be omnibenevolent i think he'd let me into heaven if i pleaded with him

Bored_of_HSC

HSC
Thats when you systematically decide which one is most likely to be correct.
On the note of inhibiting your ability to enjoy life, the loss relative to the potential gain is miniscule, hence the term nothing to lose.
How'd you do this? New ~religions~ come up every day. What is "most likely correct" is usually the latest religion that most likely bases itself on scientific facts. This is why say the bible/quaran are more "correct" than say the Bhagavad Gita.

whats wrong with that

Refer to Garygaz's post.

And "love" and "want" don't make people do things.

IamBread

HSC

whats wrong with that

I think a God, who sends people to Heaven/ Hell based on whether or not they believe in him and Jesus, rather then based of the people they were, is either a extremely selfish being who doesn't deserve any attention, or doesn't exist and this threat was used to simply spread the religion.
My guess is with the latter.

Last edited:

mnmaa

HSC
N/A
How'd you do this? New ~religions~ come up every day. What is "most likely correct" is usually the latest religion that most likely bases itself on scientific facts. This is why say the bible/quaran are more "correct" than say the Bhagavad Gita.

Refer to Garygaz's post.

No, I don't think the newest religion is most likely to be correct. But for starters I am certainly not worshipping a cow(Hinduism), Buddhism does not have a God as such and I don't think you can convert to Judaism.

IamBread

HSC
I don't think that is entirely true. Take things like Mormonism, it's quite a new religion but it's ideas and beliefs are just ridiculous.

mnmaa

HSC
N/A

Refer to Garygaz's post.

No, I don't think the newest religion is most likely to be correct. But for starters I am certainly not worshipping a cow(Hinduism), Buddhism does not have a God as such and I don't think you can convert to Judaism.

RANK 1

HSC
u can always worship me...at least i can prove that i exist

thrillkiller

HSC
i dont see how u can believe in god with so much fucked up shit around the world
God's reason for permitting evil is to answer the devils challenge. God didn't create humans with the intention of us suffering and dying.

God will soon eliminate this system and the devil. Then there will be a new world where humans will live in paradise.

I could give you an essay on what I believe but thats the basic.

Bored_of_HSC

HSC
I don't think that is entirely true. Take things like Mormonism, it's quite a new religion but it's ideas and beliefs are just ridiculous.
Usually i said. You always get whacks who believe anything.

I meant generally as most religions do take whatever evidence they can from context. They'd be foolish not to. Relatively more knowledge in 0 BC/AD compared with 4000 BC allows the people writing these things to be better informed and thus appear "more correct".

As with bread's example of Mormonism there are exceptions.

IamBread

HSC
God's reason for permitting evil is to answer the devils challenge. God didn't create humans with the intention of us suffering and dying.

God will soon eliminate this system and the devil. Then there will be a new world where humans will live in paradise.

If God is all powerful then all knowing, then why:
1.did he create the devil in the first place?
2.why doesn't he get rid of him already?

RANK 1

HSC

but according to the bible wasnt evil around before the challange i.e the snake?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)