Does God exist? (1 Viewer)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Tistime345 said:
uh do you see how you guys are fighting tw separate arguments, sometimes john says that it hapened in shallow surface pools and then other times you go into your deep ocean vent theory, btw, how was ammonia meant to get into the reacton site before forming ammonium, ill give you a hint, it cant unless the wate was already saturated with it, and it was not.
We don't know exactly how it happened. It's perfectly reasonable to hypothesise both, although given UV exposure, shallow pools are somewhat unlikely. His hypothesis is easily adaptible to deep ocean.

"Yeah".

btw, you still havnt explained to be how the 93% tar and carboxylic acids that would have formed from the proposed reaction didnt destroy the amino acids in the first place. They're toxic
Toxic to us, currently. Not necessarily to amino acids.

Sulphur is toxic to us (in large quantities), but certainly not to the tube worms that live around hydrothermal vents. Because of.. you know. Evolution. Novel concept!

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Tistime345 said:
kwayera your such a dope, are you telling me then that the anaerobic bacteria that formed in the ocean, somehow got into the mud and survived there, didnt you know that at those levels the ocean has close to 100ppm of oxygen , the fact that the dirt is mud suggests water is in it, i.e. the same oxygen rich water all around it
It wasn't that oxygen rich then, and no, mud does not suggests it's saturated with oxygen. Learn your geology.

EDIT: Or oceanography; that couldn't hurt either.

Tistime345

HSC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tistime345
uh do you see how you guys are fighting tw separate arguments, sometimes john says that it hapened in shallow surface pools and then other times you go into your deep ocean vent theory, btw, how was ammonia meant to get into the reacton site before forming ammonium, ill give you a hint, it cant unless the wate was already saturated with it, and it was not.

We don't know exactly how it happened. It's perfectly reasonable to hypothesise both, although given UV exposure, shallow pools are somewhat unlikely. His hypothesis is easily adaptible to deep ocean.

No, his hypothesis is not adaptable to deep ocean, since he conceded himself that the volume of an ocean the effect would have been too greatly diluted

+ i shouldnt have said toxicity, what i meant was that they would have reacted with the amino acids and pulled them apart,

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Tistime345 said:
No, his hypothesis is not adaptable to deep ocean, since he conceded himself that the volume of an ocean the effect would have been too greatly diluted
And then he said "continue reading the article", which refutes what you just said.

Tistime345

HSC
Kwayera said:
It wasn't that oxygen rich then, and no, mud does not suggests it's saturated with oxygen. Learn your geology.

EDIT: Or oceanography; that couldn't hurt either.
why not sorry the source of the water that we made dirt into mud was oxygen rich but somehow it lost the oxygen on the way in.very logical

Face it natural creation of life is impossible!, its simply not going to happen

Tistime345

HSC
Kwayera said:
And then he said "continue reading the article", which refutes what you just said.
oh man your so stupid, how on earth did you ge inot university , i did and he said it himself, the rest of the article just said that shallow surface pools were necessary, something that you yourself refuted iwth the UV thing, thanks for that anyway

Tistime345

HSC
In either case im off to bed, good try but uni education is so ... shit. Too bad Kwayera, dont mind John and Nikolas that much. Hey ill be sure to look yous up if i go to UYSD, doubt i should though for my prsonal safety

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Tistime345 said:
why not sorry the source of the water that we made dirt into mud was oxygen rich but somehow it lost the oxygen on the way in.very logical

Face it natural creation of life is impossible!, its simply not going to happen
Dude. Mud is a type of sediment. A very very fine sediment. Mud does not necessarily mean it's water saturated - that's the colloquial term.

Tistime345

HSC
Kwayera said:
Dude. Mud is a type of sediment. A very very fine sediment. Mud does not necessarily mean it's water saturated - that's the colloquial term.
Yes and that very, very fine sedmient will have the water around it througout it

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
Lol either a very comitted troll or someone who doesn't know the limit of their stupidity.

boris

Banned
HSC
Kwayera said:
cheese is a type of meat, a tasty yellow meat

lol boosh

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
I enjoyed this thread much more when the topic revolved around philosophy and history in relation to theism. All this science crap has got me lost.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
I know the basics, but all this origins of life science escapes me. I'm not a science person. My forte is in history. Besides, I've picked up heaps since i started getting involved with this thread a few months ago.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
John Oliver said:
Doesn't matter where your forté is sunbeam, it's always good to know more about everything. The fact of the matter is the argument is made on two fronts, physical and metaphysical. If you want to argue metaphysics that's all well and good, but the creos and the others will get all up in our face with the physical world, and it's good to have a defense against both.
Yeah yeah. Give me time. You're in your third year of uni, right? That's three extra years of education and reading you have over me. God, imagine the amount of books i could get through in that time...

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
tbh I've never read a single book, I get all my knowledge directly from the source of the science text books (i.e. Satan).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)