davin

HSC
N/A
i think i'd agree, more i think about it

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
how can the quran be a universal law, when half of it, deals with day to day, issues. How yuo are ment to dress, eat, and act in a society. we have advanced in every way since the 7th century, we have little left from the way people lived that many centuries ago.
for example muslims were told not to eat pork because pigs can carry dieseases, but with todays technology and animal health checks this law becomes absolete.

i think the problem is muslims trying to still use the words of the quran in this day and age even though its outdated in so many ways, which makes this "clash of the civilazations" more obvious.

thats why i also believe the quran, the bible etc, are not true books of god, because they are must made to control the people of the time. Noone knows what the future holds, so the books were just designs for that day and age, and now are just lagging behind.

davin

HSC
N/A
Attachment is forbidden. Possession is forbidden. Compassion, which I would define as unconditional love, is central to a Jedi's life, so you might say we're encouraged to love.
second, if you've ever watched star wars, you'd be aware that the Jedi philosophy evolved as neccessary. of course, in the prequels, some of the Jedi HAD families, and later on, many do.
as far as basic tenets of Jedi philosophy, nothing wrong with sex or love.

Enlightened_One

King of Bullshit
HSC
SashatheMan said:
And i agree with you, and i think many christians would too, that the bible has been edited and changed over the years.
I thought along those lines too until I checked into it. Apparently the oldest known manuscripts of the New Testament (I forget how complete they are) date back to about 50 or 60 AD, and the Dead Sea Scrolls contain frgaments etc of the Old Testament dating back to 100 BC or so. Apparently they are 95% or so in agreement and most of the changes are minor.

davin

HSC
N/A
matrixism is zorasterism, in effect
the latter movies lean a bit towards some christian elements, but by in large, its pretty much already a religion.
Jedi is at least a mix of eastern thought not as directly lifted from one particular belief, though does have some...Taoism, i believe

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
davin said:
matrixism is zorasterism, in effect
the latter movies lean a bit towards some christian elements, but by in large, its pretty much already a religion.
Jedi is at least a mix of eastern thought not as directly lifted from one particular belief, though does have some...Taoism, i believe
There was a fundie in my english class who wrote all this stuff about how the matrix is about jesus and whatever... he also wrote a creative story about a student having sex with their english teacher :/

He was a disturbed kid.

davin

HSC
N/A
see, the latter movies, you could make that case. Neo's death is pretty well the crucifixion, and they use the imagery of both the cross and walking on water in there.
but the first movie is definitly zorasterism....he obviously has no clue about his own religion if he thinks it was the first movie.

HSC
SashatheMan said:
so why did world war 2 start? another argument at gods house?
any war started between humans is controlled by a demon, just because satan was in gods house doesnt mean he had no access/influence on humans, he still managed too on the first humans; if you study the bible the term they coin the demons is princes, for example in the book of daniel they coin the terms prince of greece and prince of persia/media which are the demons influencing the leaders of greece/persia in which michael the archangel had to fight off to reach daniel

the reason why god so easily forgives us from our sins is because he doesnt view humans themselves as evil, but their influence from pure evil to do evil; god created us in his good image, its like having a sweet darling girl who is suddenly possessed and does crazy shit; you blame the 'possession'; perhaps its not as extreme as in terms of our infleunce from evil to sin, its a decent analogy

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
i have a question kinda on this topic.

cosmologists are observing galaxies around 13 billion light years away. This means light takes 13 billion years to travel to get to us.

So to all those people who think the earth is young , how are you gonna defend that?

viewing these galaxies, is basicly a time machine into the past.

HSC
SashatheMan said:

cosmologists are observing galaxies around 13 billion light years away. This means light takes 13 billion years to travel to get to us.

So to all those people who think the earth is young , how are you gonna defend that?

They'd claim that the scientists methods are incorrect, of course ;)

Lundy

Banned
HSC
Casmira said:
any war started between humans is controlled by a demon, just because satan was in gods house doesnt mean he had no access/influence on humans, he still managed too on the first humans; if you study the bible the term they coin the demons is princes, for example in the book of daniel they coin the terms prince of greece and prince of persia/media which are the demons influencing the leaders of greece/persia in which michael the archangel had to fight off to reach daniel

the reason why god so easily forgives us from our sins is because he doesnt view humans themselves as evil, but their influence from pure evil to do evil; god created us in his good image, its like having a sweet darling girl who is suddenly possessed and does crazy shit; you blame the 'possession'; perhaps its not as extreme as in terms of our infleunce from evil to sin, its a decent analogy
You know at first I thought you were being tongue-in-cheek but then I realised you were completely serious. I think you've taken biblical literalism to new extremes.

Last edited:

HotShot

-_-
HSC
SashatheMan said:

i dont think the earth existed that long, i thought the earth was only 6 billion years old.

And cosmologists smoke weed and then the observe galaxies .. :rofl:

HotShot

-_-
HSC
Damage Inc. said:
Where is your proof for this, you cocksucker?
do we need the proof? somethings dont need to proof and are self-explanatory. Like how jews suck american cocks, and like how jews are aroggant bitches, who go on about the holocaust and relate to every fucken thing.

Sorry - freedom of speeh, its a criticism so its not insulting...

anyway why i said that, was som gay jewish who i was talking to, basically related every fucken i said to him to the holocaust. I was only talkin some food, and later on sport..

HotShot

-_-
HSC
Damage Inc. said:
Everything needs proof. That's how I know all muslims are crazy fucks.

I know Jews suck cock. I don't give a fuck about Jews. Bag them all you want. Hell, go kill some Jews if you want. I'm the last person that'll complain. I don't hate Jews, I just don't care about them.
wrong thread..sry

"everything needs proof"-
why is the sky blue?
why is water transparent?
why do we all need religion?
why do ppl not believe in religion?

questions, and more questions? is proof that god exists.

davin

HSC
N/A
Sorry - freedom of speeh, its a criticism so its not insulting...
first of all, thats not a criticsm, thats just an attack. second of all, its still insulting. freedom of speech means that you're allowed to say that, not that it neccessarily has to be accepted. it just shows you for a racist.
its also not a criticism cuz if i knew some jewish girls with a policy like that, it would rock.

but yes, all claims need proof, generally speaking.

and the earth is only about 4 1/2 billion years old as of current estimates...which won't be changing significant amounts anytime soon

davin

HSC
N/A
the sky is blue because blue has a shorter wavelength of light than other colours, and so it becomes scattered in the atmosphere. in contrast, red has a very long wavelength and scatters less, which is why the sun, low on the horizon, is redder, as is the sky. blue light scatters too much when the sun is low on the horizon.

i'd answer the water thing if i could, but i'm a physics major, not a chemistry major

why do we all need religion?
that is just as valid question as me asking "why do we all need to like chocolate ice cream?" you're asking why something that is not proven is the case. the other two we can observe.

why do ppl not believe in religion?
because of a lack of convincing proof, based on what those people would consider convincing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)