do you believe in god?

• Total voters

HotShot

-_-
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
It's a nice story.
It is!

Heat doesnt exist- only energy and temperature exists. And both 'hot' or 'cold' are relative terms. Relative terms with inter-dependency. And interdependent terms cannot survive on their own.
You cannot define hot without knowing whats cold. Therefore, neither really exist, only energy does. But then again, does energy really exist ? momentarily - quantum foam is constantly appearing and disappearing out of existance in our physical reality.
Similarly, you cannot define 'good' if you dont know whats 'evil'. And therefore, good cannot exist without evil. Only actions and reactions exist.
Take this example for case:
"Someone p*ssed me off and i killed him. "
There was an action and a reaction. Ie, in other words, Karma. Whether my action was 'good' or 'bad' is simply a matter of perspective. The reason i would avoid that action is not because of it being 'good' or 'bad' but because the consequences for that action( and i am not talking just about simple jail punishment- i am talking the chain of events spawned by that one act) is not something i would want to happen.
yes..this is more like it

davin

HSC
N/A
the answer to question in there is energy does really exist.

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
HotShot said:
yeah. but the concept is intriguing
No, it is a silly argument.

Firstly, to go from "darkness is the absence of light" and "cold is the absence of heat" to "God is the opposite of evil" is obviously deductively invalid. The conclusion does not flow from those premises.

Additionally, to say "God is the opposite of evil" is a nonsensical statement anyway. You have to define both "evil" and "God". Even if you attempt to define the latter, I guarantee you won't be able to define the former and actually make sense.

A great injustice to Einstein by falsely stating he came up with it.

HSC
It's already been argued amongst christianity that there isn't a physical place called "Hell". Originally Satan and his Demons where with god and kept tempting his angels to fall for him. In the early 1900s Jesus threw satan out of 'heaven' into earth, and thats when at the same time world war 1 started.

Lundy

Banned
HSC
Casmira said:
It's already been argued amongst christianity that there isn't a physical place called "Hell". Originally Satan and his Demons where with god and kept tempting his angels to fall for him. In the early 1900s Jesus threw satan out of 'heaven' into earth, and thats when at the same time world war 1 started.

what the fuck?

davin

HSC
N/A
and here i was thinking the war was caused by an assassination. silly me

felixcthecat

HSC
just wondering does anyone know the result of the Italian man taking Jesus to court? in mid January 2006... as i've sorta predicted the media always leads you in it and never brings you out =.=

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
Casmira said:
so why did world war 2 start? another argument at gods house?

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
felixcthecat said:
just wondering does anyone know the result of the Italian man taking Jesus to court? in mid January 2006... as i've sorta predicted the media always leads you in it and never brings you out =.=
i think the trial hasnt even started yet. theres nothing else new to report about it

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
i was just thinking back to a discussion i had with veterandoggy.
i want to ask you this question. Both christianity and Islam claim they are following the right god. what makes either one right? I remember veterandoggy responding along the lines of, well Islam came along because the past religions were changed to much and it made islam the final word of god. And i agree with you, and i think many christians would too, that the bible has been edited and changed over the years. But i highly doubt that the story of Jesus being killed on the cross and ressurrected, has been changed. the ressurection story wasnt made up somewhere along the way, it was written by Mark i think, and the transcripts still remain.

This being the most fundemental and important part of christian belief still remains unchanged. So how can islam claim its not true? but then claim the beliefs they have are true?

surely if Islam was just made by god, due to the past religions being corrupted, he would just change the things which were altered by christians back to the original words. And leave the ones that havent been changed along ei ressurection of jesus and him being the son of god. But it wouldnt change the story of chris being ressurected. Even if that story is made up, which i believe it is, it still doesnt mean it was alrered to a point were the original documents never mentioned ressurection of christ.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
isnt there a bahai temple in Sydney. i swear i remember hearing that name when i drove past some temple.

davin

HSC
N/A
more importantly, if islam is right cuz it revised, doesn't this basicly mean that the most recent religion is always right?

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
davin said:
more importantly, if islam is right cuz it revised, doesn't this basicly mean that the most recent religion is always right?
well thats what theu are saying, only islam is right, because its the final version.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Yea essentially that's one of the reasons I brought it up... because they claim christianity is wrong, because of muhammed... yet here you have another group claiming that the muslims are wrong because there were others (and will be more) after muhammed lolz!

It's also good to highlight the sort of religious persecution which goes on in these countries which are now condemning us for allowing cartoons to be published in a private newspaper that insult their religion.

davin

HSC
N/A
yeah, but Mormonism is only couple hundred years old and added mroe stuff to bible, so it tops it

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
davin said:
yeah, but Mormonism is only couple hundred years old and added mroe stuff to bible, so it tops it
But Scientology is not only newer the story is much more interesting so it tops that.

If a god xor gods exist there are a number of paradoxes they must resolve, can we get a few answers for some of these from those arguing the existence of a god xor gods, such as the omnipotent paradox?

davin

HSC
N/A
yeah, but by that logic, Jedi religion tops that. Both religions created by science fiction writers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)