Does Gen Maths Scale U Down (2 Viewers)

sNiPeR_24

Fo' shizzle
HSC
My brother did all the "easy" subjects for his HSC including General Maths, but because he did quite well in it (mark of 85) he got a reasonably high UAI. He is now at University studying his first preference course of Psychology, so if you do well in any course it will pay off.

Trev

stix
HSC
sNiPeR_24 said:
My brother did all the "easy" subjects for his HSC including General Maths, but because he did quite well in it (mark of 85) he got a reasonably high UAI. He is now at University studying his first preference course of Psychology, so if you do well in any course it will pay off.
except if you do the following combination of arabic beginners, serbian continuers, construction examination, turkish continuers and ESL, and got 100 for each, u would get uai of 91.xx or something if i remember right? haha i find that amusing :p

HSC
you gotta hit bands 5 and 6 to get the best of general

unfortunatley alot of courses require mathematics as minimum, so I for example will have to brdige a course

HSC
for the hsc is the general maths test hard cus my maths teacher said for last year only 1 person got in band 6 and rest were basicly 1 and 2's from my skool
jst worried if its reali hard

PC

HSC
N/A
Provided you're prepared to put some effort in, General Maths isn't all that hard, although it's probably a bit harder than the old MIS course. You might need to work on your spelling!

Scanorama

HSC
Those who got Band 1 and Band 2 haven't put any effort in. Some topics in Year 12 may be a bit hard but if you work hard enough, it won't be a problem. Around 10 people got into Band 5 in our school last year, the top mark was 86. Many people got Band 3 and above.

Work on your spelling, the marker doesn't like to read spelling like this on the essays.

IP_freely

evo 9 ftw
HSC
me_too_scared said:
for the hsc is the general maths test hard cus my maths teacher said for last year only 1 person got in band 6 and rest were basicly 1 and 2's from my skool
jst worried if its reali hard
u want to succeed i recommend u go buy the New Century maths textbook hsc course, coz wat i ve noticed is that the hsc questions are quite similar and some are even exact to wat is taught in this book,
ie if u go have a look at the past hsc papers an go compare em to wat comes out of this book youd be suprised at wat u c

i had this book last yr and i got 92 for g maths, i also had the jacaranda txtbook as well and it wasnt as clear, concise and sometimes didnt even explain the stuff properly as the NC 1 did

Trev

stix
HSC
Gough Whitlam said:
Those who got Band 1 and Band 2 haven't put any effort in. Some topics in Year 12 may be a bit hard but if you work hard enough, it won't be a problem. Around 10 people got into Band 5 in our school last year, the top mark was 86. Many people got Band 3 and above.

Work on your spelling, the marker doesn't like to read spelling like this on the essays.
our school goes really well in maths (in consideration it is only a rural catholic school), around 15 or so got band 6 in general, and there were 32 band 6's from the 4 different mathematics courses (geb, adv, ext1, ext2)

Danoz The Great

HSC
Trev said:
our school goes really well in maths (in consideration it is only a rural catholic school), around 15 or so got band 6 in general, and there were 32 band 6's from the 4 different mathematics courses (geb, adv, ext1, ext2)
:uhhuh:Yesss-uhhhh!:uhhuh: Go Mackillop!

*SHeLL!*

HSC
maths sux scaled up or down, you just gotta do your best thats all you can do.... right?

tammer

Remembering P.I.G.
HSC
Like everyone else has said don't worry about scaling but I don't think General scales badly. If you do well in it you just hope for a tough exam paper then it will scale better.

Not many people get Band 6 for General so if you get it you'll be doing well.

Zohab

To kool for skool
HSC
has Any1 On This Forum Got 100% In General?

white_spazzy

but why?
HSC
there is no possible way from getting 100% cause gen maths is scaled down by a few marks...(that i know of) u can find out on the board of studies website

IceBreaker

HSC
there should be like gen maths ext 1 to help it scale beta......same thing wit std eng ext 1

a.anicic

stress less

ur gona worry urself too much with scaling...to sum degree it does matter yet if u do well in it u shud be fyn....even so noe that if u tryed ur best thats wat matters...just remember to focus on your work and do so consistently....and take haven in the fact that everyone is giving u the smae type of reply....

anyway i hope u succeed in your hsc and that u reach any certain golas u have made for them...

good luck...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)