Does anyone know how to surf? (1 Viewer)

slip

HSC
while those producers may not have started out with the intention of making money its a simple fact that they wouldnt be able to keep producing unless they made money. they do it because they love it, and they can do it because they make the money to do it.

yeh im not exactly sure about why we are arguing, we both agree on what music surfers listen to just not why, i reckon its a circle and that we are both right in the end, its a combination of the two.

oh and good luck with the vid, hope it goes well.

HSC
AtticusFinch said:
dropknee is a little more difficult. depending on which way is most comfortable you will either have your right or left leg in the dropped position and the other the knee is pointing down
this is drop knee
I used to be a DK-er, I got sick of having no speed and getting stuck behind sections. I've been a kneeboarder now for 4 years. For those of who don't know what kneeboarders are here's some pics.
http://www.lexicon.net/drift/waveslayers.htm
http://www.lexicon.net/drift/ <-Good site for bodyboarding pics too.

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
GoManly said:
I used to be a DK-er, I got sick of having no speed and getting stuck behind sections. I've been a kneeboarder now for 4 years. For those of who don't know what kneeboarders are here's some pics.
http://www.lexicon.net/drift/waveslayers.htm
http://www.lexicon.net/drift/ <-Good site for bodyboarding pics too.
kneeboard rofl!
nah kidding mate ive seen some halfmen pull into some insane shit... i have repsect for knee boarders

HSC
AtticusFinch said:
kneeboard rofl!
nah kidding mate ive seen some halfmen pull into some insane shit... i have repsect for knee boarders
Yer thanx lol. I've never seen the point of bodyboarders using the half-men describing kneelos though, as that would make you no-men :rolleyes: .

golferjim

HSC
slip said:
whats in the vids is decided by whats in the surfing culture, whichs comes back to wat i said, its a bit of a circle really.

i mean there not going to put hip hop to surfing cause most surfers dont like hip hop in the smae kinda way that you wouldnt have the wiggles headline bdo cause they dont appeal to that market (wiggles have played big day out on the lillypad stage i believe thou... as a bit of a joke)
Mate, have to disagree with u there on that one! Me and most of my mates that surf love AUSSIE hip hop and its starting to gain popularity, and i reckon it suits surf vids too, i've even heard Downsyde in one vid!! But don't get me wrong, punk and other rock is still awesome. In fact i'd say that surfers have a pretty open mind when it comes to music. Btw i play the guitar!

slip

HSC
jeez, this arguement is long dead. so im not going to argue with you. im just going to say.

surfers do have a pretty open mind when it comes to music (as much as i wanna qualify that comment i cant be fucked starting an arguement)

punk and other rock is still awesome, true.

i love aussie hip hop too. aussie hip hop is extremely differnt ganagster rap (which i hate), i dunno if i specifically referred to gangster rap in my arguement before, but that is basically the shit i believe has no place in surf vids (pop as well, eg britney, kylie, robbie wiliams). Im happy that aussie hip hop is getting heaps more recognition, groups like butterfingers and downsyde are awesome.

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
the simple fact of this whole matter is that im going to mystics tomorrow morning and its going to be perfect at 6.00am and
you arn't

golferjim

HSC
haha like ur logic atticus! yeah pity im workin, but will be going for the early Sunday, should be a bit of swell by then too

cappen

Has an Executive Member
HSC
hey atticus....wen was tension 8 released...i havnt heard a thing bout it but like my mate has it n its bein sold.....i thought it wasnt commin out till the end of the yr

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
cappen said:
hey atticus....wen was tension 8 released...i havnt heard a thing bout it but like my mate has it n its bein sold.....i thought it wasnt commin out till the end of the yr
its out
i havent got it yet
ill have it next week

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
tension 8 is good. awesome footage but i think whitey rushed the editing a bit...
oh well... the dubai wave pool bit was hilarious. i want one. if i ever get rich ill drop 400 000 and you can all come over and play but im having a bodyboard one so you will either have to not use any fins or just grab a lid

um..

hip hop antagoniser
HSC
N/A
i heard today about some new invention of tom morey's, a wavepool generator of some sort? they cost $150000, keen to buy one and set up a wavepool in a dam up in the valley

um..

hip hop antagoniser
HSC
N/A
oh ps i just thought i would be outrageously arrogant and say that i know more about surfing (stand up that is) then the rest of you combined

suckaz

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
um.. said:
oh ps i just thought i would be outrageously arrogant and say that i know more about surfing (stand up that is) then the rest of you combined

suckaz
id agree with you
and id be the same about bodyboarding! booyeh!

Lennie

Dr_Gorgeous said:
I'm currently looking into random sports for a project at school and i was wondering if anyone here could tell me if they surf, different techniques, blah blah. Thanx :)

Been surfing for 9 years :D

Haha. I couldnt tell you about techniques if i tried.

clairebear

"oh go back to supre"
HSC
jeez finally a thread about surfing (i thought all bos ppl were sydney westies who were allergic to sea salt or something)... um if you still need info on surfing i did something surfing related for my society and culture pip, and hey i surf and um i guess all my mates do to coz theres nothing else to do in a small coastal town. but hey im from forster, it got a mention a while back on this thread! some nut thinks that forster has the best surf.... pretty sure he has no idea. forster is S.D.S (super duper shitty). best surf is def in bali, ulu's is nuts.
oh and what type of info did you need regarding surfing, because im going to be the arrogant kid now and say that bodyboarders won't help you with shit coz they don't really surf!! STAND UP AND BE COUNTED!!! hahaha, damn i love a good shit stir....
oh and one last thing, i don't think that surfers really have a definitive music style or all play the guitar. thats a stereotype of the more hippy soul surfers which a few of my mates are. but on the other hand my sponoed friends are mainly into that whole hard fast punk stuff like the used and what not, have at least two tatoos and love the whole street art on a surf board scene. so yeah, probs can't really generalise and say that we all love jacky johno, coz he hardly amps you up to face 6ft sets.
anyhoo, i love this thread. yeah surfing. peace xx

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
clairebear said:
jeez finally a thread about surfing (i thought all bos ppl were sydney westies who were allergic to sea salt or something)... um if you still need info on surfing i did something surfing related for my society and culture pip, and hey i surf and um i guess all my mates do to coz theres nothing else to do in a small coastal town. but hey im from forster, it got a mention a while back on this thread! some nut thinks that forster has the best surf.... pretty sure he has no idea. forster is S.D.S (super duper shitty). best surf is def in bali, ulu's is nuts.
oh and what type of info did you need regarding surfing, because im going to be the arrogant kid now and say that bodyboarders won't help you with shit coz they don't really surf!! STAND UP AND BE COUNTED!!! hahaha, damn i love a good shit stir....
oh and one last thing, i don't think that surfers really have a definitive music style or all play the guitar. thats a stereotype of the more hippy soul surfers which a few of my mates are. but on the other hand my sponoed friends are mainly into that whole hard fast punk stuff like the used and what not, have at least two tatoos and love the whole street art on a surf board scene. so yeah, probs can't really generalise and say that we all love jacky johno, coz he hardly amps you up to face 6ft sets.
anyhoo, i love this thread. yeah surfing. peace xx
hahaha i can safely say that um knows way more about surfing than you.
and as for that anti bodyboarder comment. go fuck yourself
stand up and be counted? lie down and get barreled... its only shitty kooks who give shit to bodyboarders... nick knows better

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)