Does anyone know how to surf? (1 Viewer)

slip

HSC
in terms of urban australian beachs newcastle's beaches arent too bad.

i mean seriously have a fucking cry, make the most of what you have got.

alot of australians arent that close to the beach, i mean its only a 35minute drive for you at the most.

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
slip said:
in terms of urban australian beachs newcastle's beaches arent too bad.

i mean seriously have a fucking cry, make the most of what you have got.

alot of australians arent that close to the beach, i mean its only a 35minute drive for you at the most.
the best beach break in australia is the superbank... there is no argument on that one...
the best area for beachies is the cenny coast...

slip

HSC
i mean seriously what does she want. its usually pretty hard to find 5 surf patrolled beaches within 2minutes of each other, with plenty of space left for board riders and anyone who wants it. aswell as enough space for two nudist beachs. There is merewether point which is one of the best breaks around this area. there is enough waves for poeple of all skill level in newcaslte. and if yuo like crowded beachs go in summer it just as crowded as the gold coast

go have a cry, our beaches arent the best but they are definately better then alot, you would ahve a cry about the quality of beaches if you live in Hawaii

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
slip said:
i mean seriously what does she want. its usually pretty hard to find 5 surf patrolled beaches within 2minutes of each other, with plenty of space left for board riders and anyone who wants it. aswell as enough space for two nudist beachs. There is merewether point which is one of the best breaks around this area. there is enough waves for poeple of all skill level in newcaslte. and if yuo like crowded beachs go in summer it just as crowded as the gold coast

go have a cry, our beaches arent the best but they are definately better then alot, you would ahve a cry about the quality of beaches if you live in Hawaii
actually hawaii may look like its a beach, but the waves break on lava... hence reef

slip

HSC
hawaii was arbitary... i could have said bali tahiti etc...

and hawaii is a series of islands. im sure there would be at least one sandy (even if it is black sand) beach and i wasnt talking about the type of break whne i said beach, merely the point where land meets sea and waves are formed. i mean newcastle has beach point and reef breaks

and it all depends on how you define reef for what you said as well, because the substance (sand or lava) may be different but its formation shape is still the same, hence beach break. lava is neither the same substance as a reef or formed in the same shape as a reef( already said same as a normal beach land slipping below the sea level) therefore it can be argued it is a bach as much as a reef

callisto

has called it a day
HSC
AtticusFinch said:
and that guitar comment? haha good one... you will find that ALOT of bodyboarders love hardcore punk music (its in so many videos)
yeah i think you're right. a lot of my guy friends who bodyboard/surf are into punk music (me included ;)) such as The Used, AFI, New found glory etc but there are also some who love jack johnson, Xavier Rudd, that donovan frankensomethingdude and yeah quite a few of them play some kinda instrument, guitar, bass, drums

I surf a bit, only been doing it for 6 months but its hella fun :D:D

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
callisto said:
yeah i think you're right. a lot of my guy friends who bodyboard/surf are into punk music (me included ;)) such as The Used, AFI, New found glory etc but there are also some who love jack johnson, Xavier Rudd, that donovan frankensomethingdude and yeah quite a few of them play some kinda instrument, guitar, bass, drums

I surf a bit, only been doing it for 6 months but its hella fun :D:D
by hardcore i meant bands like i killed the prom queen, underoath, irrelevant and refused

slip

HSC
i think that you will find most surfers/body boarders like either punk, hardcore or that cruise jack johnson type music

but i dont believe this is anything to do wth surfing in particular. just that the only other forms of popular music are hip hop and rap which are both predominatly black wanna be black and and not that many surfers are black the final sort of popular music would be dance trance electronic stuff and that has alot to do with clubs in big cities.. and people in big cities dont get to the beach as much as ppl who live on the coast

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
slip said:
i think that you will find most surfers/body boarders like either punk, hardcore or that cruise jack johnson type music

but i dont believe this is anything to do wth surfing in particular. just that the only other forms of popular music are hip hop and rap which are both predominatly black wanna be black and and not that many surfers are black the final sort of popular music would be dance trance electronic stuff and that has alot to do with clubs in big cities.. and people in big cities dont get to the beach as much as ppl who live on the coast
i think it has ALOT to do with what sort of music is in the vids they watch... ive noticed lid vids have predominantly hardcore soundtracks where as stick vids have alot of cruise and easy listening

slip

HSC
whats in the vids is decided by whats in the surfing culture, whichs comes back to wat i said, its a bit of a circle really.

i mean there not going to put hip hop to surfing cause most surfers dont like hip hop in the smae kinda way that you wouldnt have the wiggles headline bdo cause they dont appeal to that market (wiggles have played big day out on the lillypad stage i believe thou... as a bit of a joke)

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
slip said:
whats in the vids is decided by whats in the surfing culture, whichs comes back to wat i said, its a bit of a circle really.

i mean there not going to put hip hop to surfing cause most surfers dont like hip hop in the smae kinda way that you wouldnt have the wiggles headline bdo cause they dont appeal to that market (wiggles have played big day out on the lillypad stage i believe thou... as a bit of a joke)
what goes on the vids is what sounds good and what the producer likes...
thats the case in my vids anywho

slip

HSC
and you put your styles of music on because its what you like, where as a producer is trying to sell a video.

you and the producer of big vids put on similar music because its in the surfing/body boarding culture. he uses it cause it suits the culture and will sell the vid, you use it cause your influenced by culture and hence like it and want it on your vids (part of the reason you buy vids-cause you like the music)

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
slip said:
and you put your styles of music on because its what you like, where as a producer is trying to sell a video.

you and the producer of big vids put on similar music because its in the surfing/body boarding culture. he uses it cause it suits the culture and will sell the vid, you use it cause your influenced by culture and hence like it and want it on your vids (part of the reason you buy vids-cause you like the music)
dude if you knew anything about me you would know that im trying to sell a product as well... hence atticusfinchproductions and the black sheep
and your argument goes out the window when you look at the contrast of music between a vid like vague opportunities (predominantly hardcore) and then tension 7 (icehouse rock and hip hop)

golfstick

balbrady's balbarer
HSC
N/A
I went surfing this morning. It wasn't the best but I was desperate

Best surf movie (with awesome soundtrack) is definitely Loose Change IMO

slip

HSC
AtticusFinch said:
dude if you knew anything about me you would know that im trying to sell a product as well... hence atticusfinchproductions and the black sheep
and your argument goes out the window when you look at the contrast of music between a vid like vague opportunities (predominantly hardcore) and then tension 7 (icehouse rock and hip hop)

hate to break it to you but i dont care enough to know anything about you. if you were some huge producer i doubt you would be on here, i would guess you produce movies primarily for your love of it not for selling them. when it gets into big bucks which you surely arent in choice in music becomes more and more important to making extra money.

and my arguement doesnt go out the window with that. because there will always be surfers and consumers of surf videos that like hip hop and rap. therefore while surf vids are predominately punk, or cruise music there will still be some that appeal more to those people who like hip hop and rap.

when you a big producer its all about making money, and you make money by appealing to a wider demographic. ie if 90% of surfers like one style of music then 90% of vids have that music, and is 10% of surfers like another sort of music 10% of vids will ahve that music...

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
slip said:
hate to break it to you but i dont care enough to know anything about you. if you were some huge producer i doubt you would be on here, i would guess you produce movies primarily for your love of it not for selling them. when it gets into big bucks which you surely arent in choice in music becomes more and more important to making extra money.

and my arguement doesnt go out the window with that. because there will always be surfers and consumers of surf videos that like hip hop and rap. therefore while surf vids are predominately punk, or cruise music there will still be some that appeal more to those people who like hip hop and rap.

when you a big producer its all about making money, and you make money by appealing to a wider demographic. ie if 90% of surfers like one style of music then 90% of vids have that music, and is 10% of surfers like another sort of music 10% of vids will ahve that music...
all about making money?
i know the waldron bros certainly dont give a shit about making money...
chris white didnt release with the intention of becoming rich (that was a bonus)
why are we even arguing about music? this thread is about learning to surf
oh and by the way, i do intend on releasing a professional vid next year... ask katietheskatie, spedkid on um... they have all seen the promo and know that its legit

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)