Does anyone else regret buying second hand textbooks? (1 Viewer)

Question2

HSC
N/A
I bought 3 so far, and have been finding them quite useless...the tutorial questions/case studies are all different (which is the main reason to buy the books in the first place).

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Did you get the current edition textbook? Because if you didn't, then it's your fault really for not checking.

Riachain

HSC
Uni Grad
Gonna have to agree with Shadowdude here. I bought second hand current edition textbooks, so I'm finding them really useful right now. You probably bought the wrong editions. Even if you did buy the wrong editions, if they're just one edition apart, most of the time the content should be fairly similar and the questions should still be there, just on different pages.

Question2

HSC
N/A
I didnt get the current edition because they werent available second hand...if you look on this forum for example, almost all the textbooks being sold are last edition ones.

A lot of the textbook content is similar, but tutorial questions and case studies tend to be quite different.

Are there any places where you can get second hand, current edition textbooks?

D94

HSC
N/A
I didnt get the current edition because they werent available second hand...if you look on this forum for example, almost all the textbooks being sold are last edition ones.

A lot of the textbook content is similar, but tutorial questions and case studies tend to be quite different.

Look around the uni - iirc there's like a wall of second hand textbook sales near the spiral staircase, alongside the construction near the ARC store, or within buildings on notice boards or even just taped to walls.

Riachain

HSC
Uni Grad

There's also the Textbook Exchange website or the Facebook group "Textbook Exchange". They're also selling second hand, current edition textbooks. You could try your luck out there. I've gotten my books from these two resources.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)