Does any other school have before/after school classes? (1 Viewer)

ClassOf2013

HSC
For some reason, my school seems to have a fetish for after and before school classes for Year 12. The before school classes start at 7:30am and the after school classes finish at 5pm. At least one of my subjects (Economics) is going to have one of these classes. It's a massive PITA because there's no public transport to my school other than school buses and it's in the middle of nowhere, haha.

But yeah, does anyone else's school do this?

enak101

HSC
Well we have organised after the end of our early day (tuesday) for our 2U class to do an extra maths lesson since we are behind.

We also have early lessons before school on tuesdays for Biology (meant to be revision and exam strats past papers etc, Only been once, always forget lol)

I don't really mind them, the way your school does them seems to be more organised than mine.

starshine02

HSC
My school only has these for extension classes I think.

Still a pain if you have to get up earlier/stay after later.

enoilgam

HSC
For some reason, my school seems to have a fetish for after and before school classes for Year 12. The before school classes start at 7:30am and the after school classes finish at 5pm. At least one of my subjects (Economics) is going to have one of these classes. It's a massive PITA because there's no public transport to my school other than school buses and it's in the middle of nowhere, haha.

But yeah, does anyone else's school do this?
It's usually common for some extension subjects, but it's odd to have it for a standard two unit subject.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
When I was still in school we had morning classes, most people came late since they lived quite far. It's a pain, if your class is small then maybe you can organise a better time with your teacher?

nifkeh

HSC
we used to have lunchtime classes when I did IPT, though now in year 12 there are mostly morning classes and some afternoon classes but all of these are for extension subjects only

deswa1

HSC
Our school had morning classes for two of the four MX2 classes but everything else was on the timetable. Generally, smaller schools run extension classes off timetable whilst the bigger ones and especially selective schools that have a lot of extension students will run the second extensions like MX2 off timetable and everything else on.

It all depends on class sizes, teacher allocation etc

Amaranth_

HSC
N/A
I have extension history on periods 7, Wednesday (today) which are after 3pm till 4pm and Thursdays at 8AM till 9 45
and 4u English at periods 6 and 7 - finishing at 4pm

It's mainly with the extension classes in my school, but for next years timetable they are going to try and include it in the normal 6 period day

Hila

HSC
All my extensions after before and after school. And i also do a language subject class after school with 2 other people in my year :p because my school doesn't officially offer it.
Monday: after school history ext
Tuesday: Morning English ex1 and after school language
Wed: FREEDOM
Thursday: English ex1 in morning and ext2 after school
Friday: English ex2 in the morning and language after school...

shirleynomates

HSC
At my school it's just extensions, like EX1 Maths is Tuesdays and Thursdays from 7:50 til 8:50 etc etc and EX2 English is on Monday afternoons from 3:30 til 5.

Charlotte00

HSC
My school has them too- On one day I'm at school from 7.45- 4.30 and I only have three subjects. :(

CaffeineMotor

HSC
At our school it's

MX2 in the mornings
EE2 afternoons
Hist Ext. Night time or arvo, depending on school schedule.

TheGreatest99.95

Premium Member
HSC
Had to do it for 2 years for MX2 and sometimes Adv English...
In the end I was doing about 4 morning classes and 1 arvo class a week, absolutely hated it!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)