Does age really matter?? (1 Viewer)

snickerdoodle

year of the dog
HSC
Like the great Aaliyah once said, age ain't nothing but a number.

Provided the number is legal of course.

I would maybe date someone one year younger than me, but that's the limit. I'm into older men for sure. My current bf was in my year and I'm cool with that too. I don't understand people that think age gaps are such a big deal. If you're into the man/woman as a person their age becomes insignificant.

UnIqUe_PrInCeSs

invading your mind
I'm leaving now to go find myself. If I should ret
HSC
Komaticom said:
More mature can be boring too- hence why nice guys exist.:bomb:
lol so true.

But when I say mature, I don't mean the type that have manners and elegance that are over the limit (if you know what I mean). I'm not into the full gentleman-ish type.

Note that the younger dudes tend to be more of a playa, while the older ones have prolly gotten over that sort of stuff. Which is a good thing.

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
UnIqUe_PrInCeSs said:
Note that the younger dudes tend to be more of a playa, while the older ones have prolly gotten over that sort of stuff. Which is a good thing.
from what I've seen, not necessarily!

Komaticom said:
The only issue should be that you're still a P plater and they're not. Go for it, son.
I also agree! Find out what she thinks about age differences, though. You don't want to be left with a broken heart

HSC
mature girls are boring as though, i wouldnt date a 21 year old unless she's a wild child

lourai*87

~"*_*"~
HSC
I once said 25 would be my max...but i am always a terrible judge of age and all..and i think 25 was just nice even-ish number..before really thinking about 6years there. So i think ill cut it down to 22. (im 19) I have never actually been in a relationship with anyone more than a few months older or younder...but im generally attracted to older.

Anything seedy is bad. Dont go there. Im thinking anything over around 7 years.

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Well girls seem naturally attracted to older guys;
Optimistically this is because of the differing maturity levels.
Cynically because an older guy has a greater ability to provide (subconscious consideration).

Guys for their parts seem naturally attracted to younger;
Again optimistically (though slightly degradingly - to the guys) this is because of the maturity levels thing.
More cynically this is because younger girls are eaiser in that see above they are more into you. And being ultra cynical (and again subconscious) a younger girl places a guy in a position of power so he gets more of what he wants so to speak.

Personally I regard myself (a perception which seems to be borne out by others) as being more mature than my age (20) would perhaps indicate, though this was probably a more marked contrast when I was a teenager (back in the day...). I've only ever had relationships with girls my own age. I've been with girls younger than me and older than me (17-28). I would suggest that for me it is only ever interesting if they are around my level of maturity which varies from person to person. eg one 17y/o was certainly less mature whereas another was fairly close maturity wise. On the centre mark I have found girls my age to be at times less mature than me. On the other side the 28y/o was certainly more mature than me (see I do have humility) however the 21y/olds have been around the same maturity levels.

Infact it was generally a suprise when age came up, eg 'omg you're only 19' (Ok so I only recently turned 20) and in one case a'do you realise this is the first time i've been with someone younger than me?!'. I was for my part suprised to realise they were older than me, having assumed maturity = similar, body age is around right therefore they must be around my age.

Though aside from the maturity question there is the question of life experiences which is to say that even if a 17 year old is as mature as me I have three more years of life experience so whats happening in my life will be vastly different to hers. And perhaps it is impossible to avoid feeling slightly paternalistic when they are getting Ps and I am getting golds... Basically it reduces common ground, which reduces things to talk about etc.

Returning to the previous example of older girls not realising in all cases there were reasons which bought life experiences more into line eg repeated a year of school way back, had a gap year before uni, was around the age cut-off so could have been in my academic year or the one before, etc.

Conclusion: my preference is for same age and same maturity. I do not deny that I look down on guys who date younger than themselves. Perhaps though as a sign of double-standards I may award kudos to a guy who dates up - provided she's hot and not just old....

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
Hmm i dont think girls are more mature than guys at the same age...I tend to think guys are more logical and interested in things that matter, rather than how their hair looks or if they should wax.

Girls are more mature emotionally, sure. Probably because they live in a society where it is ok to express your emotions as a female, but socially they are very different.

Alot of males have extremely close friendships like the whole " I would help you bury a dead body in the desert" type of friendship.
Girls seem to form friendships as a security net, and although their friends might be fun to hang out with, they bitch about each other.
Girls tend to be more of a social butterfly with lots of "friends" [i.e people they know and get along with] where as guys form less friendships that, atleast for appearances sake are much stronger.

Guys tend to be much more concerned with world events, politics, literature, history, sport and whats on tv. This makes a conversation much easier to have with a male who actually has an opinion on most things.

So why do girls go for older guys?
mainly security, older guys are bigger, generally making more money, might have their own place, can drive and are infact more mature than younger guys[making the maturity gap between the guy and girl even larger]

why do older guys go for younger girls? because they are hotter, innocent, have odd views on things and are emotionally on similar levels [instead of the large discrepancy between people of the same age] girls as they get older also tend to get alot less fun.

Take this with a grain of salt, but its basically my perspective on age differences in relationships. My personal preference is varied, but it is usually someone my age or older, because conversations seem more meaningful with older girls.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
it depends on the person and how much older/younger they are and how comfortable you are with that. my friend (who is 17) has a 30 yr old guy interested in her, who sent her all these creepy sexual messages eg 'i'd like to bend u over my bed' :eek: ...he's a nice enough guy when he's not talking about sex though. still...he was like in uni when she started kindy...wrong much?

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC
loquasagacious said:
Well girls seem naturally attracted to older guys;
Optimistically this is because of the differing maturity levels.
Cynically because an older guy has a greater ability to provide (subconscious consideration).

Guys for their parts seem naturally attracted to younger;
Again optimistically (though slightly degradingly - to the guys) this is because of the maturity levels thing.
More cynically this is because younger girls are eaiser in that see above they are more into you. And being ultra cynical (and again subconscious) a younger girl places a guy in a position of power so he gets more of what he wants so to speak.

Personally I regard myself (a perception which seems to be borne out by others) as being more mature than my age (20) would perhaps indicate, though this was probably a more marked contrast when I was a teenager (back in the day...). I've only ever had relationships with girls my own age. I've been with girls younger than me and older than me (17-28). I would suggest that for me it is only ever interesting if they are around my level of maturity which varies from person to person. eg one 17y/o was certainly less mature whereas another was fairly close maturity wise. On the centre mark I have found girls my age to be at times less mature than me. On the other side the 28y/o was certainly more mature than me (see I do have humility) however the 21y/olds have been around the same maturity levels.

Infact it was generally a suprise when age came up, eg 'omg you're only 19' (Ok so I only recently turned 20) and in one case a'do you realise this is the first time i've been with someone younger than me?!'. I was for my part suprised to realise they were older than me, having assumed maturity = similar, body age is around right therefore they must be around my age.

Though aside from the maturity question there is the question of life experiences which is to say that even if a 17 year old is as mature as me I have three more years of life experience so whats happening in my life will be vastly different to hers. And perhaps it is impossible to avoid feeling slightly paternalistic when they are getting Ps and I am getting golds... Basically it reduces common ground, which reduces things to talk about etc.

Returning to the previous example of older girls not realising in all cases there were reasons which bought life experiences more into line eg repeated a year of school way back, had a gap year before uni, was around the age cut-off so could have been in my academic year or the one before, etc.

Conclusion: my preference is for same age and same maturity. I do not deny that I look down on guys who date younger than themselves. Perhaps though as a sign of double-standards I may award kudos to a guy who dates up - provided she's hot and not just old....
I'll pay that.

riot_girl88

HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
it depends on the person and how much older/younger they are and how comfortable you are with that. my friend (who is 17) has a 30 yr old guy interested in her, who sent her all these creepy sexual messages eg 'i'd like to bend u over my bed' :eek: ...he's a nice enough guy when he's not talking about sex though. still...he was like in uni when she started kindy...wrong much?
eww that is so wrong!

robo-andie

HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
more like he was just entering high school as she was wearing diapers.
Still, not good.

spank_meh

add me on MSN NOW!!!!
HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
Aahemm now that is like totaly WRONG!! Burn pedos.. burn!!! :burn:

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
Komaticom said:
Last I checked, if someone aged 30 had intercourse with someone <18, it's illegal.
Close enough to pedo, imo.
well you would be wrong, its perfectly legal unfortunately

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)