• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Do you think this appeal will be approved? (1 Viewer)

laurensky

HSC
I sat my Legal Studies trial exam last week. Today I was told that a boy in my class was appealing the exam. He had finished the exam in an hour, asked to leave and then verbally abused the teacher for saying no. He was taken to the principal and told it was a 'non-serious attempt' and he would receive 0 for this assessment. I'm in special provisions, same as another girl in my class, and the teacher told us we could leave. We didn't ask to leave, nor implied it. Now he wants to appeal it saying it was unfair etc etc etc and that us leaving the exam room caused a distraction for the others. We left the exam with about 20 minutes to go. Do you reckon his appeal will be approved?

I'm stressing hardcore over this..
Thanks in advance.

laurensky

HSC
Because if it gets appealed I will have to resit the exam.

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
Let me try to make sense of this.

So this individual who finished the exam in one hour wasn't allowed to leave, where this verbal confrontation ensued between him and the teacher. Then, for some enigmatic reason, your teacher had a divine coercion to tell you and your friend to leave before the formal completion of the exam, and that your leaving distracted everyone? What?

I don't understand what's going on.

Even if you have to resit it, which I highly doubt will happen, take it to your advantage and do better.

AnimeX

HSC
N/A
Hmm, i'm not understanding the situation either.

So why is he complaining about you leaving if he left 1 hour into the exam? where you left 20 mins until the exam ended?

Who are "others"? Aren't you in special provisions? aren't you guys put into a room by yourself/ with 1-2 other people?

AnimeX

HSC
N/A
What makes you think this?

Are you implying that the whole class resits an exam or just you?

It couldn't possibly be just you cause you would be sitting a different test, which will cause more problems..

D94

HSC
N/A
I very much doubt you will need to re-sit. A successful appeal will probably result in an adjustment of marks. What if during the re-sit, someone successfully appeals, and in the re-sit for the re-sit, someone else successfully appeals; need I continue? In the HSC, the marks will be adjusted accordingly.

JohnMaximus

shepherd of the people
HSC
I very much doubt you will need to re-sit. A successful appeal will probably result in an adjustment of marks. What if during the re-sit, someone successfully appeals, and in the re-sit for the re-sit, someone else successfully appeals; need I continue? In the HSC, the marks will be adjusted accordingly.
I've heard of it happening before.

Hilarious.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)