Votes: 6 24.0%
  • The Tert is crap!

Votes: 9 36.0%
  • I write for the Tert!

Votes: 1 4.0%

• Total voters
HSC
Nathan Barton said:
For an alternative to the 'Grantangala' (Grant is the Tertangala's Editor and main contributor) read www.uowliberals.org

The UOW Liberal Club is one of the most active and successful
clubs at the University of Wollongong, and is arguably the most successful University Liberal Club in the state of New South Wales.
In recent elections, our ticket won:

50% of the student positions on the UniCentre Board of Directors.
100% of the student positions on the University Council.
75% of undergraduate positions on the Academic Senate.
50% of general representative positions on the Wollongong Undergraduate Students' Association (WUSA).
71% of National Union of Students (NUS) delegates for UOW.
HI FREND!

Regarding the Tert, I usually have a look at it when I get bored. I'm left quite annoyed every time I see the shit that's packed in there, but for some reason I always check out the next one anyway. Despite the fact that they assure us the costs are minimal, I still resent paying for that.

Edit: Raiks, maybe the unibar tables are getting wobblier! :)

Last edited:

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Yeah, I vote we spend the Tert money on new tables. Tables with dancers perhaps?

glitter burns

the sky is falling
HSC
The latest edition, the "Womyns" tert, shits me.
I consider myself a feminist (or at least an equalist) and I just don't see the point in spelling it that way. It's dumb and frustrating.

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
glitter burns said:
I consider myself a feminist (or at least an equalist) and I just don't see the point in spelling it that way. It's dumb and frustrating.
I don't understand your sig... :s

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
I had the pleasure of recieving a copy of the 'Tert' yesterday (I also had the pleasure of visiting your esteemed University yesterday)

And I reckon its pretty good - but then again I'm a USyd student, used to being exposed to our Honi Soit and thus, anything must be better :)

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
Well, funny story with that. By the time I agreed to drag my sorry arse down to the 'gong it was too late to message you on BoS to ask you if you wanted to meet up.

I went down to meet my boyfriends friends though, who all didn't turn up so I'm sure I'll go down again before he graduates at the end of this year.

Nathan Barton

HSC
Ninga said:
Frews article was fucked up. I actually read it. I wonder if he actually ever followed the advice he was giving.
unfortunately I think that for a lot of the time he does...
Anyone interested in seeing how this excuse of an organisation works should come along to the next WUSA meeting is Tuesday the 23rd of May. It will probably be upstairs in the Kemira Rooms.
I think that unless you actually see what happens in these meetings, you wont really understand why VSU is such an important right of the student.
Every day that I do something with WUSA, I am frustrated at the thought that students were forced to pay $51.50 (more for 1st years) to a raving left wing organisation that barely has the skills required to run a raffle (excluding a few of course).
If anyone is interested in reading what I have to say about what goes on in WUSA, please visit http://niffwix.googlepages.com or www.uowliberals.org
the first one is my own site where I put all of my press releases and commentary, and the second is the UOW Liberal Clubs website, several of the reps on WUSA are in the club.
Of course as a representative, I always welcome emails with suggestions and comments as to what we should be doing for you. nathan_barton@wusa.uow.edu.au

~Nathan

HSC
glitter burns said:
It is a pain - I tried to read something in it - but gave up cause I kept on thinking that I picked up spelling mistakes, but then realised that they were trying to spell woman. Don't they realise by allerting people to the fact that the word "woman" originally meant lesser man, that more people may see it as a derogatory word?

So the plural of "Womyn" is in fact "womyns" - thats sounds stuffed.

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
chinesefireball said:
It is a pain - I tried to read something in it - but gave up cause I kept on thinking that I picked up spelling mistakes, but then realised that they were trying to spell woman. Don't they realise by allerting people to the fact that the word "woman" originally meant lesser man, that more people may see it as a derogatory word?

Woman means "lesser man"? lol, I didn't know that...

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
ogmzergrush said:
Hey jm1234567890, while you're here, can we have Nathan Barton banned for constant political spamming? :)
hahaha, i'll think about it ;)

He's only done it twice so far.

Scanorama

HSC
jm1234567890 said:
hahaha, i'll think about it ;)

He's only done it twice so far.
2/2 are political spamming, thats 100% :p

Is he actually Nathan Barton? Whoever this person is, (s)he just makes me more hate this guy.

nwatts

HSC
glitter burns said:
I thought that was the best edition to date.

At least it was entertaining.

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
nwatts said:
I thought that was the best edition to date.

At least it was entertaining.
and prompted a VERY amusing response from our of our fellow CA students (it was in response to the article on feminine hygiene products).

he's apparently submitted this satirical piece for the next edition of the tert. god i hope it gets in.

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
Nathan Barton said:
If anyone is interested in reading what I have to say about what goes on in WUSA, please visit http://niffwix.googlepages.com or www.uowliberals.org
the first one is my own site where I put all of my press releases and commentary, and the second is the UOW Liberal Clubs website, several of the reps on WUSA are in the club.

~Nathan
Learn the difference between where and were before you publish your site for all to see. :(

chinesefireball said:

I decided long ago that women who spell the word as "womyn/womyns" aren't feminists. They're feminazi morons. Feminists want equal rights and can get it without calling a jihad on all men. Feminazis are moronic turds who can't spika da inglis no matter how long they've known the language for.

Nathan Barton

HSC
poloktim said:
Learn the difference between where and were before you publish your site for all to see. :(

Actually if you check http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=where you will see that I used the correct spelling.

"Where is my website? It is located at http://niffwix.googlepages.com" (not meaning to advertise, just proving a point)​

I apologise to everyone for having to make this correction here, and I don't think that anyone really cares about spelling on a bulletin board anyway...

WUSA meeting this Tuesday, luchtime in the Kemira Rooms, I think its great to see people coming along to watch and getting involved. Its one of the best ways to keep the students association honest.

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
Nathan Barton said:
Actually if you check http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=where you will see that I used the correct spelling.

"Where is my website? It is located at http://niffwix.googlepages.com" (not meaning to advertise, just proving a point)​

I apologise to everyone for having to make this correction here, and I don't think that anyone really cares about spelling on a bulletin board anyway...

WUSA meeting this Tuesday, luchtime in the Kemira Rooms, I think its great to see people coming along to watch and getting involved. Its one of the best ways to keep the students association honest.
Crappy UOW Liberals webpage said:
Although the Liberals where unsuccessful on the day, our club members gained valuable campaign experience.
That's what I was talking about. :(

I don't understand that at all. :( Are you trying to say that the Liberals were unsuccessful? Or are you asking where are they? I also noticed one or two errors on your niffwix page. But since you don't care about spelling (or looking like a moron), I'll just leave them out. :)

HSC
poloktim said:
That's what I was talking about. :(

I don't understand that at all. :( Are you trying to say that the Liberals were unsuccessful? Or are you asking where are they? I also noticed one or two errors on your niffwix page. But since you don't care about spelling (or looking like a moron), I'll just leave them out. :)
Who the fuck is Lanelle, and how long have we been supporting her? :eek:

In other news, come on, one spelling debate and two loads of political bullshit, surely it's stacking up against him? :)

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
ogmzergrush said:
Who the fuck is Lanelle, and how long have we been supporting her? :eek:

In other news, come on, one spelling debate and two loads of political bullshit, surely it's stacking up against him? :)
One of our overlords (well I guess not one of your overlords) in channel strongly suggested I do it.

As log as I can keep my fun compsc computer death link on, I don't really care. :) *takes the support down*

malkin86

HSC
Yeah, I thought the article on 'feminine hygiene products' was very Dolly-esque...

But DIY abortions?? That was just scary. :S

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)