Votes: 6 24.0%
  • The Tert is crap!

Votes: 9 36.0%
  • I write for the Tert!

Votes: 1 4.0%

• Total voters

malkin86

HSC
I thought that this year's survival guide cover was depressing... So I didn't bother.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
I picked one up last week after walking out of a class. The most negative, left-wing shit I've ever read. It was nothing more than a poorly researched, at times blatantly made-up 30 or so pages I have read in my entire life.

Left-wing, hippie garbage. A student paper that is not at all representative of the students on campus.

hfis

Dyslexic Fish
HSC
N/A
I was flicking through one last week because I had arrived about 20min early for a class. It was like reading a copy of 'Green Left' magazine (which is, admitedly, good for a laugh if you're ever bored and Resistance has a stall open).

I lost it when I got to the bit about 'womyn'. It's sad that people sincerely believe this tripe.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Haha yeah the 'womyn' thing was gold. I really do wonder how many people accept those sorts of articles for fact.

Cos factually, that little article was devoid.

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
I use it or technically about 10-15 of them to prop up my unibar table if it's wobbly. And I've been doing that for 4 years now :D

Guys, back in the day, it was about 8 times thicker than that and no, the quality hasn't faded.

malkin86

HSC
What'd make it better? I think maybe comics might help, a little.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Haha I voted against Nathan Barton for the sheer fact he rudely shoved a leaflet in my face and told me to vote for him.

Nathan Barton

HSC
For an alternative to the 'Grantangala' (Grant is the Tertangala's Editor and main contributor) read www.uowliberals.org

The UOW Liberal Club is one of the most active and successful
clubs at the University of Wollongong, and is arguably the most successful University Liberal Club in the state of New South Wales.
In recent elections, our ticket won:

50% of the student positions on the UniCentre Board of Directors.
100% of the student positions on the University Council.
75% of undergraduate positions on the Academic Senate.
50% of general representative positions on the Wollongong Undergraduate Students' Association (WUSA).
71% of National Union of Students (NUS) delegates for UOW.

Ninga

HSC
Sorry mate, I'd rather read the excrement in the tert than read political propaganda and lies. Good luck to you though, and congratulations on the current success.

acullen

Povo postgrad
HSC
Yeah, go Howard, I mean without him, I'd be paying 20% less for HECS, what a pity that would be. That's $4,500 I could have wasted on something more important like alcohol. One of the tendencies I seem to notice is that if mummy & daddy vote Liberal, their kids most likely do so too.

I'll reach a compromise, I'll read neither.

Ninga

HSC
Is your post about how u didn't vote for Nathy Barton? It says u posted that at 3am this morning. Nice one. Hahahaha!

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Ah ok, so basically I told Nathan I didn't vote for him before he even popped up in this thread.

Random.

dawso

needmorecustomstatusspace
HSC
i had the honour of reading the tert the other day....

to anyone who hasnt seen it, i cast ur attention to frew's article about eating on a budget....quite a read :)

Ninga

HSC
Frews article was fucked up. I actually read it. I wonder if he actually ever followed the advice he was giving.

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
The Tert needs more articles, I had to use about 20 of them to stop my unibar table from rocking, last year I only need 10-12.

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
I don't I possess the sheer naivety, stupidity and myopic views which seem necessary to become a Tert writer. I could write a review though on the unibar food, because I never knew there were so many ways to serve potato chips.

dawso

needmorecustomstatusspace
HSC
Raiks said:
I don't I possess the sheer naivety, stupidity and myopic views which seem necessary to become a Tert writer. I could write a review though on the unibar food, because I never knew there were so many ways to serve potato chips.

lets evaluate this one like a 3unit maths combinations problem....

serving type:

1 - cup
2 - plate
3 - roll
4 - in different shape and called a 'wedge'

other changes

1 - with/without cheese
2 - gravy
3 - tomato sauce
4 - bbq sauce
5 - sweet chilli
6 - sour cream
7 - other

and u can have any or all of these changes

so total ways
= 4 x 7!
= 20, 160

thats alot of serving suggestions....

(and yes, i have a mid session test tomorrow and am procrastinating study so have nothing better 2 do than randomly make useless addition posts :))

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)