Do you prefer to be overdressed or underdressed? (1 Viewer)

Lainee

HSC
By nature I'm more overdressed than most people because I like getting dressed up and trying different outfits. At the same time, when I'm wearing something bummy I feel shy and less like myself. So I think I prefer being overdressed, even if it means having ppl whisper "Look at what she's wearing" behind my back.

The preferable thing is to be neither over nor underdressed, but then you'll break the 8th deadly sin of fashion by being *gasp* o.r.d.i.n.a.r.y.

What would you guys prefer?

Ellie_Belly

HSC
Lainee said:
By nature I'm more overdressed than most people because I like getting dressed up and trying different outfits. At the same time, when I'm wearing something bummy I feel shy and less like myself. So I think I prefer being overdressed, even if it means having ppl whisper "Look at what she's wearing" behind my back.

The preferable thing is to be neither over nor underdressed, but then you'll break the 8th deadly sin of fashion by being *gasp* o.r.d.i.n.a.r.y.

What would you guys prefer?
Most of the time I'm a breaker of the 8th deadly sin of fashion. And I'm damn proud :D

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
if im going out clubbing or to a party i like to get super dressed up sometimes. the rest of the time i like going casual

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
i tend to go places underdressed. Not in the sense that it looks wrong or toooooo casual but i have never walked in somewhere and felt more done up than the people around me. Ok it's more so that i'm quite a plain/casual dresser and tend to wear the same sort of stuff regardless of where i go. I just put on makeup, heels and maybe a niceish top (which funnily enough other people would probably wear day to day) when i need to feel more dressed up.

Always

HSC
I'm usually more "done" than most people in terms of hair and makeup but I keep my outfits fairly casual and simple.

However, if I were to go out of the house with ugly hair and bad makeup but a dressy outfit, I'd still feel self-conscious and underdressed, because *I* look un-groomed.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
I hate the feeling of being overdressed. So I guess my answer is that Id prefer to be underdressed.

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
once my friends and i showed up to this wedding wearing skirts and nice tops--most other people were in jeans. we even managed to upstage the bride. and we werent that dressed up

CieL

HSC
after coming back from overseas with a truckload of clothes... everything i wear makes me look overdressed..

wearing those overseas was alright, but once i came back i felt like some oddity

special_k

HSC
depends on the occasion. for example, for a backyard 18th i'll always wear jeans and a top. i don't do that cocktail bs for something so casual. if there's no dress code, then i think jeans are always appropriate.

Lundy

Banned
HSC
I tend to be underdressed. I'm very low maintenance and I feel more comfortable and in my element in casual clothes and a lack of makeup. I feel very awkward if I have more than a little makeup on.

Of course I'll dress up if an occasion calls for it.

special_k

HSC
oh i wear makeup everywhere. in terms of that, i'm always 'dressed up'.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
I don't feel the need to impress people everyday and Im happy without makeup. Sometimes I wake up and decide I look hotter without it too,

kangarulz

Procrastinaton
HSC
i took underdressed and overdressed in a different context lol.. like underdressed being like a staff at supre and overdressed being like an eskimo

lol but back in the context that everyone else is in..
im more just like a jeans or three quarters person and a t-shirt or singlet... i really don't do the whole mini-skirts and short shorts thing.. and i'm more into thongs, converse chuck taylors or skate shoes

daiana

Mmmeo0owwWw
HSC
i think the shoes make all the difference!! esp in winter, the boots can make all the diff... i love my pink western booots! i think in winter i'm overdressed bc of the accessories like scarves and hats... which is more fun~ whereas in summer, i tend to underdress cos its just so hot..i hate feeling that my accessories/jeans/pants are sticking to me.. ickk!

MzbLaZeIT

im am teh seks.
HSC
most likely overdressed
the only place i look like a dag is the gym lol

my friends are always like urrr sooo overdressed? but really im not, theyre just dags! hahahaha jkssss

i work in cosmetic counters part time, so i usually have a full face of make up wherever i go!
i feel naked without make up

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
i agree about the shoes and accessories. if i have good quality shoes, bag and jewellery, then it doesnt matter to me if my clothes look plain or out of style or whatever.

generally i am slightly overdressed, and i like it that way.

Cykologi_gal

Psyche...
HSC
Overdressed...well, a little, like a jacket over something skimpy...and when you're overdressed you can take things off :D i.e. there's a choice :p...I used to love hair clips etc and once wore all those I owned...LOL that was when I was 13 and had no fashion sense whatsoever...and I used to wear lots of cheap jewellery and stuff...Now I don't wear them much at all...

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)