Do you prefer to be overdressed or underdressed? (1 Viewer)

alby

cool duckie
HSC
whenever i go out (dinner, clubbing, party, etc) i always feel either totally overdressed (more often than not) or way too underdressed....i hate the feeling of both. i'd rather something in the middle - casual and comfy, yet still not looking like a dag.

going out clubbing, i'd prefer to be dressed up, but still comfy
dinner with mates/fam/bf (if not a romantic occasion), strictly casual as a rule..though i have been known to get fairly dressed up when i shouldnt've (and then feel stupid)
mate/fam member's party, depends on the person/place/etc, but probably more of a casual/nice-casual than done up - i hate being the ONLY one who's dressed up :( feel SO out of place.

as for makeup, generally not worn. though it's an exception if i've got a big party (eg. my bday) or i'm going clubbing and can be stuffed to look hot...and in that case, it's hair straightned, bit of foundation (if i can get it to look nice), touch of eyeshadow (maybe), and some lipgloss, but on that note i almost never look that nice if i do my own make up.

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
not sure whether im over dressed or not but im definitely different to everyone else. actually its probably kinda underdressed when you turn up nekkid.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Orange Juice said:
not sure whether im over dressed or not but im definitely different to everyone else. actually its probably kinda underdressed when you turn up nekkid.
lol.

i dont like the feeling of being overdressed. i feel awkward and uncomfortable, like i have to be all careful and stuff for fear of messing up the outfit/makeup/hair.
usually i take the most care with my hair - as long as i have good hair, it doesnt matter to me what im wearing or how my makeup looks. at home im a complete dag but i make more of an effort when i go out or go to school. generally, though, even when i go out im not "dressed up" to any great extent. some nice jewelery, nice shoes and good hair is all it takes, the clothes are not really an issue. i live in jeans and t shirts/tank tops etc constantly. i just wear the nice ones to go out in. last time i wore a skirt outside of school was ages ago. gawd now i feel like a bum, lol.

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
i'm a complete dag. i dont care about how i look, thus, i hardly ever wear make up or make an effort with my clothing. i dont think ive ever taken more than 10 minutes to get ready to go out ANYWHERE!

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
look at what societys become. do you think cavemen/chicks cared about what shirt they wear to go out?

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
overdressed

you can always tone that down. It's harder to make under dressed better

arrested development
HSC
I'm a perpetual overdresser. No amount of money would be enough to persuade me to leave the house in, like, jeans and a t-shirt. :\

I've even had strangers ask me if I'm Parisian because I just don't match casual Australian style. *tear*. I'm such a non-conformist (wank, wank, wank).

So, yeah, being overdressed is better. Plus, you can always just assume an air of superiority if you feel that others are perplexed by your awesome style - e.g. today I was walking back home from the shops and some ugly chav schoolgirls were making "what the fuck" faces at me, so I just strutted past them and blew smoke in their general direction. I almost considered spitting on their shoes, but that would have perhaps been a little bit too bitchy. Fuckers.

PLURFECT!

HSC
I'm always slightly overdressed, but in a classy-casual sort of way. You would never ever ever catch me dead in Jeans and a T-Shirt. It's just not me. The iron is one of my best friends, right next to the hair dryer, hair spray, bobbie pins, stilhettos and ridiculously overflowing shoe collection. :eek:

vogue

FaShIoNiStA
HSC
overdressed in every way ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, i wil not leave the house in "flip flops a tee and casual jeans" ... i spit on the Casual ... ... ....

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
i wear pretty dressy stuff, thongs are always just to tone it down

and if it was a night out, good luck with thongs to any pub or club.

overdressed nevertheless

SuGa BunI =D

broken doo dooo booo
HSC
i often dress for work, out to dinner and clubbing in the morning, so shorts or skinny jeans, a basic singlet with nice accessories and dressy thongs. one outfit, 3 occasions.

for a while, i had "incase of emergency" clothing box, a pair of black heels & flat bronze lace up thongs in the car :D

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
I usually border on underdressed, I'm a jeans-tee-and-thongs kinda girl. Don't get me wrong, I do dress up if the occassion calls for it, but for things like shopping, uni, and just general everyday life, I certainly don't treat it like its a fashion show.

suz

HSC
Prefer to be overdressed but then again when i'm lounging about at home i live in my trackies lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)