• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Do you like maths? (1 Viewer)

Do you like maths?

• Yes

Votes: 329 69.9%
  • No

Votes: 142 30.1%

• Total voters

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
Nahh, its a sign you're over mathed.
I never thought I'd say I was over history-ed, but I am at the moment. Like yesterday, had you asked me about Weimar (my favourite part of the Germany course), I'd have ripped out your throat. This arvo, I'll all mellow and calm and in love again.

So, de-math yourself for a day.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
sonyaleeisapixi said:
Nahh, its a sign you're over mathed.
I never thought I'd say I was over history-ed, but I am at the moment. Like yesterday, had you asked me about Weimar (my favourite part of the Germany course), I'd have ripped out your throat. This arvo, I'll all mellow and calm and in love again.

So, de-math yourself for a day.
Yeah. If I don't take a day off, I will seriously go mad that I will burn all my 20+ maths textbooks/study guides. Time to go to bed now.

catherinet

HSC
If i try at maths (do my hw every night and pay attention in class), i know that i could be good at it.
But i am just not passionate about it the way i am about english.

I mean, i am happy to spend 3 hours picking apart and analysing a poem, but i am unable to even motivate myself to bring my maths books home from school.

I generally get ok(ish) marks in maths, even though i dont do any work until 24hrs before the exam. I know that i could be good if i tried, because i understand the concepts straight away, the problem is that i just dont practice at all.

meh,
sorry if this makes no sense.. i'm sleepy.

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
catherinet said:
If i try at maths (do my hw every night and pay attention in class), i know that i could be good at it.
exactly, thats wat i love about maths, u can just do ur hw and u'll be good

but for english...even if i do that i wont be..

JessicaCaroline

HSC
sonyaleeisapixi said:
Hahaha, dude, you sound exactly like me.
DEMATH I SAY

Wow I am in awe of your subjects - all English, all History and Society and culture (and general maths, but we'll ignore that.) Wish my school offered Extension History and Society and Culture one which I haven't heard of before but sounds promising! LOVE YOUR SUBJECTS. School must be fun for you!!

axlenatore

Scuba Steve
HSC
ratcher0071 said:
are you serious? Have you seen his collection:bomb:
Yes i have seen it, its just a little bit a little reading, everyone should have at least 50 books per subject, hell we have a room dedicated to containing all of my books

miss lozzy

HSC
yr 8

pft

bludgiest year ever...

as for maths, i shall stay firmly on the english side of no mans's land. nursing my love of literature and humantiy, and not put my self at the mercy of the majority.

cerys

because i can.
HSC
I don't like maths - that's why I'm not doing it :rolleyes:!!

(Stupid reason, I know.)

My maths knowledge at this moment, is quite low.

I know that there are some important things which we learn in maths that will end up being useful, but a majority was bs for me cuz, the career I'll be headed towards would most likely have minimal to do with the mumbo jumbo we learn in the subject :shy:.

selablad

HSC
I love the parts of maths where you have to prove things, and where you can see all the interlinking concepts which join to create a whole web of maths which you can use to find different solutions to problems, and different reasons why something is true, and different proofs and such. I love the...elegance of maths, and beautiful, concise solutions.

On the other hand, I *hate* statistics. And probability. And hypothesis testing. And whatever other names they call those stupid subjects. Grr...they are so horridly time-consuming, and in the end you get your graph, or your table, or whatever, and you say, okay, that's done...but it's ugly. So incredibly ugly...
/rant

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)