Do you have to pass Finals to pass the course? (2 Viewers)

Jonneeh

HSC
Is it necessary to achieve 50%> in the finals to pass a course even when your total weighted mark is >50%

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
It depends on the subject.
This.

Some subjects at our uni need 40%+ to pass the final exam even if you have 50% overall, or to get the 50% overall, still need 40%

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
math1141 scales pretty good, you would probably get a pass

HSC
N/A
MATH 1141 xD

I don't even think i did half the questions today, maybe just =.=
Saw the exam...it looked a bit tough for 2hrs. If you got anything like half out you'll be OK.

The scaling is a bit complicated as they scale the exam and then add that to the term stuff and then scale the result. At that stage it is hard to even work out what a pass on the final meant. Most people get a much lower raw mark on the final than on those easy class tests etc. The main thing is that very few people fail higher unless they have really been bludging.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
MATH1141? Good exam. You do it Jonneeh? You should make yourself known to us BoS people. If you're doing MATH1241 next sem, let yourself be known and we could probably include you in our BoS meats.

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
it is probably a good idea to look at your course outline. Everything you need to know about assessment guidelines should be in that booklet.

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
MATH1141? Good exam. You do it Jonneeh? You should make yourself known to us BoS people. If you're doing MATH1241 next sem, let yourself be known and we could probably include you in our BoS meats.
Unless you're a fuckwit

aya-chan

HSC
Yeah, I don't think you need to pass. But it depends on the subject. I doubt you'd have to pass MATH1141. I hear 70% of the cohort usually fail the PHYS1131 final, so I think you'll be fine.

K

khorne

Shadowdude, do you ever wish a big sweaty fireman carries you out of a burning building, lays you on the sidewalk, and you think, "Yeah, okay, he's gonna give me mouth to mouth." But instead, he just starts choking the shit out of you, and the last sensation that you feel before you die is he is squeezing your throat so hard that a big, wet, blob of drool drips off his teeth and just "flurr", falls right onto your popped out eyeball...

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Shadowdude, do you ever wish a big sweaty fireman carries you out of a burning building, lays you on the sidewalk, and you think, "Yeah, okay, he's gonna give me mouth to mouth." But instead, he just starts choking the shit out of you, and the last sensation that you feel before you die is he is squeezing your throat so hard that a big, wet, blob of drool drips off his teeth and just "flurr", falls right onto your popped out eyeball...
Umm, no. Because my dreams of old often have me and a perfectly formed brunette female sitting on a couch together watching Jeopardy! and she keeps getting all the arts and language clues correct - to my chagrin.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)