• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

do you get to choose your own timetable? (1 Viewer)

HSC
I was on the timetabling website and it was showing the lecture times and the tutorial times (even though you couldn't actually do anything but look at them) and I was just wondering whether we get to select when we want tutorials and lectures??

I have a baby sitting job all year which means I can't exactly reschedule my shifts because i'm baby sitting in the afternoon, so I was hoping I could actually choose tutorials in the morning...

does it work like that?

thanks x

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
You don't get to pick exactly where your classes go but you can select times where you prefer not to have class. The timetabling system will try to work around your preferences but for obvious reasons, this isn't always possible.

HSC
when do we actually get to say what times we don't want? it says the timetables will be out on the 17th feb, so will they let us know when we get to kind of choose when we want our classes?

_traveler_

That married guy
HSC
N/A
when do we actually get to say what times we don't want? it says the timetables will be out on the 17th feb, so will they let us know when we get to kind of choose when we want our classes?
Timetables drafts ARE OUT. They generally represent the most likely timetables. This is the link https://web.timetable.usyd.edu.au (its currently down)

on the 17th is when you actually get to adjust your timetable.

pHyRe

HSC
cant we just rock up to whatever lectures we want?

_traveler_

That married guy
HSC
N/A
You could but I mean they have a timetables so they can organise people in order to prevent lectures/tutes from overflowing. I mean if its the same lecture but repeated, it doesn't really matter. Most lecturers encourage students to come to the other lectures if they can't make their own.

zxreth

HSC
yes. you do that. I'm personally planning on rocking up to medicine lectures coz yolo right?
might not be able to do that as easily because medicine has 30 people per year so chances are they'll all know each other and lecturers will be able to tell when there are extras.

pHyRe

HSC
might not be able to do that as easily because medicine has 30 people per year so chances are they'll all know each other and lecturers will be able to tell when there are extras.
not if you come in day 1!

;)

Futuremedstudent

Ancient Orator
HSC
N/A
Plus u might not understand some of the concepts they discuss .

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Some units may have mid-semester exams timetabled during the lecture period so in those cases, you have to go to your scheduled lecture.

bangladesh

HSC
LOLOL WTF NO IT DOESNT you idiot. it's well over 200 people

ifrit112

HSC
You get given a timetable, but in the end you get to choose which lecture to go to (so it is really your choice). As others mentioned, tutorials may be a bit harder to move around. If tutorials attendance are not marked, then go to any (I usually just go to one my friends are in). Just remember if there are exams, you need to attend the one you are enrolled in (so the one that officially appears on your timetable).

iBibah

HSC
It's only 30 lol.

Medical science isn't real medicine.
Well only about 30 get guaranteed entry when they leave high school, but they do partake in an undergrad degree first, and by the way the time they start post grad med, surely a lot more people have got in through the gamsat way?

bangladesh

HSC
It's only 30 lol.

Medical science isn't real medicine.
LOL i never said medical science is medicine. Sydney medical school has a post graduate program and they have well over 200 students. The 30 that get accepted straight after high school are in a 'guaranteed pathway' meaning they will study an undergrad degree like medical science or advanced science or commerce (3 years) and they then proceed to do an MD (Doctor of Medicine) (4 years) without having to do GAMSAT.

Last edited:

bangladesh

HSC
Well only about 30 get guaranteed entry when they leave high school, but they do partake in an undergrad degree first, and by the way the time they start post grad med, surely a lot more people have got in through the gamsat way?
YES THANK YOU. Sydney medical school accepts well over 200 every year. I don't know what these people are on about.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)