Do ya have a proper study area? (1 Viewer)

HSC
I don't know if it is only me but I pick my study area depending on my mood. I usually work on the couch, the floor, on my bed, on my backdoor steps and random tables. I have an area for study tools and folders and books but I don't sit there. It makes me feel trapped and sitting too straight is uncomfortable.

"The mood to study is better then the environment to study"- sexy quote from a legend

How about everyone else especially for hsc?

Katsumi

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
HSC
N/A
I personally had a dedicated corner of my room set up for study and didn't really go anywhere else. It consisted of a desk, computer and shelves with my books/worksheets on them, so everything was in arms reach. I liked to study in complete silence so going out to my living room wasn't really an option

Anthel

HSC
N/A
I have special corner where I do my study and where I do my occasional crying. I can get depressed over anything and since I am seen by my friends as the 'alpha male' I do this in seclusion

Swaan

Stupid Fat Hobbit
HSC
Can't study at home, I went to the library like everyday during exam period

seanieg89

HSC
Different for me as I am a postgrad but I have:

1. A massive and really well set up desk in my room.
2. An office in the dept building, but it's not so spacious and the computer is shit. Pros include there being a whiteboard,couch, free coffee, and academics around that I can talk to about anything.
3. A cafe somewhere.
4. A park somewhere, there is a nice one out the back of my townhouse.

I switch between the above whenever I feel my days work is getting stagnant and I need a fresh perspective.

(Although any typing is almost always done at 1 or 2.)

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Study at macquarie university with my unsw hoodie on. That gets me into the mood

HSC
Is anyone that lucky person that can cancel any noise around them? That's pretty sweet. My study surroundings have to at least have soft noise in the background like music or soft chatter.

Too loud and it's annoying. Too soft and my mind goes crazy. I swear my study preferences are annoying

Last edited:

seanieg89

HSC
Is anyone that lucky person that can cancel any noise around them? That's pretty sweet. My study surroundings have to at least have soft noise in the background like music or soft chatter.

Too loud and it's annoying. Too soft and my mind goes crazy. I swear my study preferences are annoying
Chatter/random noise really annoys me, but I had a solid set of headphones so I just listen to music in those situations.

Really chill music or ambient music or an artist you are really familiar with work best for me. My brain treats it as background noise, but far less annoying background noise than other people doing shit.

watermelondayo

HSC
N/A
You can study any place where you can concentrate and not be prone to distraction.

Ideally an area where you can maximise concentration and productivity, so an area that is;
- quiet but with some background noise (I usually find this no problem as with my window open there is always some kind of noise)
- bright
- has sufficient space

It is also a good idea to have a studious environment, e.g. a library. Studying where others are partying, playing or relaxing is absolutely no good for your productivity :p If you study in a studious environment the mood will subconsciously encourage you to settle down and get some work done due to all the people around you working.

HSC
I usually have one earphone in. Soft background is cool unless people are having those annoying conversations. As long as I can't make out the words from my background I won't go crazy

seanieg89

HSC
Yeah its the words that are the worst. You don't want to engage that part of your brain with peripheral stuff. That's why most good study music is without lyrics. (or is with lyrics you know back to front.)

HSC
I love taking my clipboard or lap desk and whiteboard everywhere. Instant table
I congratulate those people who can work on the train
The worst thing is when you are trying to study and people are watching you. That is freaking annoying and why I can't work on public transport. My ultimate pet peeve is people watching me which gives me a gross feeling

astroman

HSC
and where is that?
one is upstairs in my room where i have a desk with all my books/notes and stuff needed, when i get bored i go down to the table to do light study like write notes on my laptop, staying in one place all the time gets boring and makes you lazy.

HSC
I don't know if it is only me but I pick my study area depending on my mood. I usually work on the couch, the floor, on my bed, on my backdoor steps and random tables. I have an area for study tools and folders and books but I don't sit there. It makes me feel trapped and sitting too straight is uncomfortable.

"The mood to study is better then the environment to study"- sexy quote from a legend

How about everyone else especially for hsc?
Meet me the cushion lady. I study on a mountain of clouds
You sound like to need some cushions. I'll sell my squashed pillow pet to you.....jks they're all mine

HSC
one is upstairs in my room where i have a desk with all my books/notes and stuff needed, when i get bored i go down to the table to do light study like write notes on my laptop, staying in one place all the time gets boring and makes you lazy.
so true

Meet me the cushion lady. I study on a mountain of clouds
You sound like to need some cushions. I'll sell my squashed pillow pet to you.....jks they're all mine
I already have lots

lightthefuze

HSC
Last edited:
HSC

Anthel

HSC
N/A
I can never write on my lap.. never. By the way I'm left handed - (minority race)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)