Do some universities mark easier? Why dont I go to one of them and then transfer? (1 Viewer)

GL1001

HSC
Say I wanted to do law at ANU which requires an Atar of 96. Say I got 80. Why wouldnt I do arts at UWS, kill it and then transfer to ANU?

Do those that determine successful transfers account for the different methods of marking/difficulty?

D94

HSC
N/A
What evidence do you have to suggest UWS Arts is marked easier than USYD Arts or ANU Arts or wherever? Not saying it's not true, but what is the basis for your claim?

How would you know a certain university marks easier than another?

For your second question, no. It is just the mark or grade that is a factor in transfers.

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
What evidence do you have to suggest UWS Arts is marked easier than USYD Arts or ANU Arts or wherever? Not saying it's not true, but what is the basis for your claim?
If UWS students were judged on the same quality of work as ANU or U Syd students... You'd see a lot of them flunk out.

If you got an 80 ATAR might as well go UNSW Arts.

GL1001

HSC
no real proof, just observing what mates are achieving compared to other people. Kids who got 20 below others on their atar are now getting consecutive HDs. May have worked harder and improved, but i doubt it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)