Do public holidays apply to us? (1 Viewer)

Sonesful

HSC
I'm looking at my timetable and it suggests that I have lectures on Anzac day, which I believe is next Friday. Which leads me to think Uni students don't get public holidays off? :( My timetable also suggests that I have classes next Monday which should be the long Easter holiday... so could someone please clarify? Thanks

Edit: I go to Usyd

Last edited:

Parvee

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
HSC
uni break starts on the 18th and finishes on the 27th (in which all the public holidays fall between)

But in other cases on public holidays there are no classes

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
But in other cases on public holidays there are no classes
This. At UTS (for Engineering subjects at least) if a class falls on a public holiday it is typically cancelled for that week, even if people have it scheduled on another day. Other universities might try to reschedule - i'm not sure. They are are usually pretty good with having breaks coincide with public holidays though.

enoilgam

HSC
At Notre Dame, public holidays usual meant class was off for that day. However, if the final exams fell on a public holiday, you had to go in.

Sonesful

HSC
Okay, I'm just worried because I have a workshop scheduled for next monday (long Easter break) where we're supposed to get feedback on our draft reports. So I'll probably still have class then.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
However, if the final exams fell on a public holiday, you had to go in.
That's pretty brutal, was it a one off due to bad planning or a regular occurance?

Okay, I'm just worried because I have a workshop scheduled for next monday (long Easter break) where we're supposed to get feedback on our draft reports. So I'll probably still have class then.
They probably will mention something in the closest lecture or send an email to everyone/put up an announcement. No harm sending your subject coordinator and tutor an email asking about it anyway.

enoilgam

HSC
That's pretty brutal, was it a one off due to bad planning or a regular occurance?
It was pretty regular - there is some public holiday which occurs in mid June when the exams are (Queens birthday or Labour Day I think). We all thought it was pretty stupid.

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
at unsw (iirc) there are no classes and if you have things like labs, you have to reschedule. there are no lectures, but again iirc the computer rooms in the red centre can still be used (the one on LG)

wannaspoon

ремове кебаб
HSC
Uni Grad
our uni does every public holiday barring labour day... refer to your academic calendar or ask the lecturer and or tutor for that days class...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)