Do guys expect this in a relationship? (1 Viewer)

MrFox

HSC
N/A
i'm going to go right ahead and assume you have never seen regular ordinary swedish mealtime before

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
But it's still perfectly reasonable for him to end the relationship because of this. Just because she isn't ready doesn't necessarily mean he should be judged with bad character for expecting sex in his relationship.
That's fair enough. He should be judged with bad character for pressuring for sex when his partner isn't ready for it, though, which is what I was saying.
I think a lot of you are forgetting just how pertinent a physical relationship is to the success of your relationship.

Sure it's not the be all and end all but it is the thing that unifies you as a couple. And if you go into a relationship expecting sex that is absolutely fine, it's also absolutely fine for your partner to not put out. But you should not be judged for expecting that physical relationship and breaking up consequently if those needs are not being fulfilled.
The line is different for everyone, though. It's also different depending on how either partner goes about such situations.

Ivorytw

Middle Management
HSC
N/A
Definitely, but I know a lot of women who have bad mouthed a lot of guys they had led on after they had nicely ended a relationship with them because sex was an important factor for them.

Which is definitely not right and happens so often.

HSC
As people have said, you can't expect someone to stay in a sexless relationship; if sex is an important factor for them it's perfectly acceptable.

That said, sex is awesome. It feels good and makes people happy. And happy people are better to be in a relationship with.

I generally base the decision to sleep with someone on whether I'm comfortable with them, attracted to them, and respected by them. Comfortable, because I'm not a fan of awkward sex; attracted, because that's the whole point; and respected, because I'm fucking amazing and I deserve respect. Not on love, not on an arbitrary number.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)