Do employers look at your ATAR after uni? (1 Viewer)

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
Sometimes depending on the competitive nature of the field. I remember seeing one of the consulting firms asking for ATAR - it was either McKinsey, Bain or BCG.

MagicPony

Banned
HSC
Sometimes depending on the competitive nature of the field. I remember seeing one of the consulting firms asking for ATAR - it was either McKinsey, Bain or BCG.
Really?

Say highly competitive fields. Would employers not simply look at Uni results etc?

(My ATAR wasn't terrible, it was just below a 90, just curious)

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
Really?

Say highly competitive fields. Would employers not simply look at Uni results etc?

(My ATAR wasn't terrible, it was just below a 90, just curious)
Some do but mostly no. It's just to screen applicants.

enoilgam

HSC
The vast majority of employers dont. However, as omnipotence said, in some super competitive fields they do request your ATAR. For example, my Mum works for a big 6 law firm and they ask for graduates to submit their ATARs. In any event though, I doubt whether the ATAR is going to have much impact at all even for those kinds of jobs. They will probably be more focused on other factors and how you perform at the interview.

MagicPony

Banned
HSC
The vast majority of employers dont. However, as omnipotence said, in some super competitive fields they do request your ATAR. For example, my Mum works for a big 6 law firm and they ask for graduates to submit their ATARs. In any event though, I doubt whether the ATAR is going to have much impact at all even for those kinds of jobs. They will probably be more focused on other factors and how you perform at the interview.
Cool

I am doing law, so that helps me :)

enoilgam

HSC
So I am safe to assume ATAR won't hinder employment opportunities assuming my Uni results are good.

(My ATAR again was just below 90)
In all likelyhood, it probably wont. There is always a possibility that it may have some minor impact - but again, it isnt very likely.

will90211

HSC
Good god... An ATAR 'just' below 90 is not bad, as you seem to be inferring. In any case, employers who use ATARS as a tool to moderate and asses potential employees have clearly got a screw lose - it's an awful figure to gauge intelligence, fitness for the job etc

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)