Do any other girls do Software Design and Development? (1 Viewer)

gingyangel

HSC
leahaf said:
Just looked it up for this years SDD exam, 175 females and 1658 males... so total of 1833... Therefore 10% for 2008!! lol
wow, that's a small amount of females....

Natasha.1990

HSC
well I am glad I am not the only girl doing software design in the state...lol it has certainly felt like it.
Who is the only girl in thier class???
I was always given a hand from them though so that was ok

ajshayes2

HSC
N/A
I'm a girl love the subject...wish more girls would do it!!! Unfortunately girls are not interested....By the way I have been teaching the subject since it started in 2001...Have been trying to push more girls to do it!!! But love teaching the boys..have one girl this year in Yr 11...previously no girls....Ex students have stated the subject helped them with courses they were doing at Uni...

helenka

HSC
I'm the only female in a Software Design and Development class of about 12 students.

It's no big deal, it's cool to be just one of the guys for a lesson each day.

I was more worried about being an amateur in a room full of gun programmers than a girl in a room full of boys, but I didn't turn out to be the only one with minimal programming experience anyway, so I'm having a great time with it.

DarthCUD

Shaman of Sexy
I dont stay in the same location all the time.
HSC
I'm a girl and i do SDD its great.
Oh and dont look at where it says gender to the left just ignore that completely.
.......................................................................................................
......................................................................................................
......................................................................................................

Ok so i know some people have now read it but dont tell anyone cause they'll never believe you.:jedi:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)